Obeying God

Epoisses

Yes, from the beginning the weekly Sabbath foreshadows the millennial Sabbath. With the Lord a day is as a thousand years, etc.

The rest of God lasts forever. You receive Jesus as your savior and get eternal life. A thousand years is too short.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The rest of God lasts forever. You receive Jesus as your savior and get eternal life. A thousand years is too short.

Jesus is looking for a few who are willing to serve with him, not those looking for eternal retirement.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I haven't been here long, and I've noticed that there have been debates about obedience. I've never really known anything different other than that we should obey God if we are his. He has given us freewill, but I believe that if we love God and have faith and trust in Jesus we will obey.

So I thought about it, and i thought that without obedience, many in the Bible wouldn't have been healed or they wouldn't have seen the miracle if hadn't have obeyed.

The blind man whom upon Jesus laid clay on his eyes wouldn't have been healed if he didn't obey and go and wash it off.

The man in waiting by the pool, who Jesus told to rise up and walk, wouldn't have had the healing if he didn't obey and stand up, this happened also to the man who was let down through the roof

The water into wine wouldn't have happened if the men didn't obey and fill the pots to the brim.

They wouldn't have seen Lazarus rise if they didn't take away the stone.

If the boy with the five loaves and the 2 fish hadn't have handed them over. They wouldn't have seen the miracle of the increase and they wouldn't have fed the five thousand

All the above happened because they obeyed.

We can know the living God, and we can read our Bibles. But if we don't obey him, then we won't see the resurrection and we won't receive the healing in our hearts, we won't have a mouth to speak, eyes to see, ears to hear, we won't be able to walk the walk, we won't see the change and we won't see the increase.

I believe that we must obey the living God, he didn't give his commandments for us to disobey him, and if we truly follow Jesus, we will obey God, as he did.

What do you think regarding obedience towards God? Thanks

But the only obedience God requires for SALVATION is to believe.....our argument is with those who say they are saved because they are obedient...only we discover every time that actually...they aren't

But they spect us to be

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Love Christ, keep commandments and he will love you

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Follow his example

Oh sure we believe you keeps...you love me like Jesus does

Epoisses

But the only obedience God requires for SALVATION is to believe.....our argument is with those who say they are saved because they are obedient...only we discover every time that actually...they aren't

But they spect us to be

Belief is not predestinated. You actually have to have it like James says.

Elia

If the Jews are required to keep the law then it won't be long until the Gentiles have to observe it as well.

Bs"d

" And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, Y-H-W-H of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, Y-H-W-H of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which Y-H-W-H strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles."
Zech 14

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Ecc 12:12-14, New American Standard Bible

Elia

Jesus is looking for a few who are willing to serve with him, not those looking for eternal retirement.

Bs"d

I'm already serving somebody else:

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Gurucam

It is only Paul who comes up with the idea that the law is abolished, but who is Paul that he thinks he can abolish the law??

The above is not true.

The apostles confirmed that those who believe (i.e. Christians) have God given justification to transgress the ten commandments.

Acts: 13 King James Version (KJV)
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Elia

The seventh day was a shadow of resting in the finished work of Christ.

Bs"d

Wrong. The shabbat is a remebrance that Y-H-W-H God created the world in six days, and He rested on the seventh.

"And Y-H-W-H spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am Y-H-W-H who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to Y-H-W-H. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’”
Ex 31

"Therefore Y-H-W-H blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."
Ex 20

Read Hebrews 4. We rest in Christ not a day.

That's a complicated way of saying you don't bother to rest on the day that God appointed for it.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

Elia

I wonder why there's so much debating about it then? There seems to be a lot of talk as to whether we obey God or not. I can't quite get my head around why we wouldn't.

Bs"d

All the debate is because, as a general rule, Christians hate the law of God with great hate.

They prefer lawlessness and paganism.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Gurucam

Please be open to the following which will open a simple lesson on Christianity:

Matthew: 18 KJV N.T.
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven

The first point is that, it is necessary to be converted so as to enter the kingdom of heaven. However:

Matthew: 7 King James Version (KJV)
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew: 22 King James Version (KJV)
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Are any of you guys among the few who found the straight gate and narrow way that leadeth to eternal life or are you among the billion traditional Christians?

Clearly a billion cannot be a few. The following tell us why the great majority will not be chosen. They will err because they were misled by false prophets who pretend to be Christian leaders, priests, pastors etc.

Matthew: 24 King James Version (KJV)
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matthew: 7King James Version (KJV)
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing (pretending to be Christian), but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Do you stand with the few who know truth or do you stand with the many who are corrupted and misled by false prophets pretending to be Christian priests, pastors etc.?

Being Christian is about finding the straight gate and narrow way that leadeth to eternal life. This is about entering into the kingdom of heaven. And entering the kingdom of heaven is anchored on being converted. Do any of you know how to be converted?

Thanks to Paul one knows how and where to look, so as to find eternal life:

2 Corinthians: 4 King James Version (KJV)
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Do any of you guys look to things that are 'not seen' and eternal? And do any of you guys know how to be converted?

If you do not have clear and 'not corrupted' answers to the above, you are in serious jeopardy.

You should try to fully understand this post.

If you do not understand the post, ask questions about what you do not understand. Then you must answer the questions, asked.

I can help.

Last edited:

Gurucam

In the quest for truth, many of you erroneously delight in the Old Testament:

Colossians: 1 KJV N.T.
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

The above confirms that the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven is not at all in the Old Testament nor is it every where in the KJV N.T.

The above confirms that the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven was made available only to His Saints. Saints are Christians, i.e. the chosen few, not the many called.

This mystery was given only to the disciples, in very private session among only them. Therefore it was intended that the disciple would be Saints. This is when the hidden mysteries came to earth among those people, not before:

Matthews: 13 KJV N.T.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.