No Works-No Salvation

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Wikipedia, where is that in the bible? Well remember this your betting your soul and everyone you talk into listening to you that your not going down the eternal lake of fire.

Now I got my information straight from the Holy Spirit and Jesus.
Your Saved Statis Can Be Revoked

Matt 18:23-35
23 "Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
24 "And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25 "But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made.
26 "The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, 'Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
27 "Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
28 "But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'
29 "So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
30 "And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.
31 "So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done.
32 "Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.
33 'Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?'
34 "And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
Gal 5:1-15
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
7 You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
8 This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you.
9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
10 I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.
11 And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased.
12 I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!
13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
Titus 1:16
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
John 12:24-25
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
25 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxx You can be saved and loose it. You can be disqualified. You can fall from grace. You can also fall short of salvation.

Matt 25:1-12

1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
(NKJ)

You cannot loose your salvation;

Bible Verses About Eternal Security

Bible verses related to Eternal Security from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance - Sort By Book Order

John 10:27-29 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (Read More...)

John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 11:29 - For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.

Jude 1:24 - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

1 John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

2 Corinthians 1:22 - Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Romans 8:38-39 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, (Read More...)

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Philippians 1:6 - Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 John 5:10-13 - He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. (Read More...)

From KJV online.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You cannot loose your salvation;

Bible Verses About Eternal Security

Bible verses related to Eternal Security from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance - Sort By Book Order

John 10:27-29 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (Read More...)

John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 11:29 - For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.

Jude 1:24 - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

1 John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

2 Corinthians 1:22 - Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Romans 8:38-39 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, (Read More...)

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Philippians 1:6 - Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 John 5:10-13 - He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. (Read More...)

From KJV online.

I said
You only have three verses that even speak of eternal life. And you cant loose your salvation if you have done the works that are required. But you better be sure you have salvation. Instead of just being saved.

Phl 2:12

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
You only have three verses that even speak of eternal life. And you cant loose your salvation if you have done the works that are required. But you better be sure you have salvation. Instead of just being saved.

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

I'm secure in my belief Squeaky. I cannot imagine being insecure through the conditional security that you have for you have no assurance of what the afterlife holds for you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I'm secure in my belief Squeaky. I cannot imagine being insecure through the conditional security that you have for you have no assurance of what the afterlife holds for you.

I said
I show you my security, I demonstrate my security. I have the only guaranteed security in the whole bible.

1Co 2:4

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power

2Co 1:22

who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

2Co 5:5

Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Eph 1:14

is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Your are saved by faith.

Eph 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

But saved is not salvation. Your saved so that you can work out your salvation.

Glad you said it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Glad you said it.

I said
I have always said it. Saved is not salvation. And if saved is all you got your falling away short of salvation. You have always taught half truths. Which means your teachings leave everyone short of salvation.

[Heb 12:15
15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;

[Jde 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I have always said it. Saved is not salvation. And if saved is all you got your falling away short of salvation. You have always taught half truths. Which means your teachings leave everyone short of salvation.

[Heb 12:15
15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;

[Jde 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

And here I was being nice. And yes they are the same.

Salvation (Latin salvatio; Greek σωτηρία sōtēria; Hebrew yasha[1]) is being saved or protected from harm[2] or being saved or delivered from a dire situation.[3] In religion, salvation is stated as the saving of the soul from sin and its consequences.[4] (Wikipedia)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Salvation (Latin salvatio; Greek σωτηρία sōtēria; Hebrew yasha[1]) is being saved or protected from harm[2] or being saved or delivered from a dire situation.[3] In religion, salvation is stated as the saving of the soul from sin and its consequences.[4] (Wikipedia)

I said
lol With all the differences they cant be. Common sense tells us if one is a free gift, and the other must be worked for-----they cant be the same thing.

One is a free gift.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

The other must be worked for.

[Phl 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

There is absolutely no way to process your logic. Now if your going to go to a Latin and Greek dictionary its obvious you get outside the Word for your truth. You break all the rules of believing. Not to even think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses. But we know that is the only way you can make your theology work.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
You are like a baker, baking bread and forgetting to put in the flour. Or a race car driver ready to race, but forgot to put gas in his car. Your a Christian trying to get into heaven but you forgot to work out your salvation. And salvation is where one does all their works. Your lamp is empty

1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No works no salvation.

[1Jo 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus condemns those who have faith without works.

I Jn 2:4
(NKJ)

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)

Matt 25:41-46
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No works no salvation.

45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No works no salvation.

He assigned us a lot of works.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I said
Your are saved by faith.

Not by my faith. But by the faith of Jesus Christ.

But saved is not salvation. Your saved so that you can work out your salvation.

So, you're saying we are saved to do works?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I said
God does not give salvation free. If so satan would have salvation. Think about it would God say salvation is free then tell us we must work out our salvation .

If salvation was free why would anyone bother to keep Jesus' commandments?? If salvation was free why even have commandments?? If salvation was free why have a judgment day?

Jhn 14:15

“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Jhn 14:21

“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

Jhn 15:10

“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
https://www.gotquestions.org/salvation-gift.html

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I said
Wikipedia, where is that in the bible? Well remember this your betting your soul and everyone you talk into listening to you that your not going down the eternal lake of fire.

Now I got my information straight from the Holy Spirit and Jesus.
Your Saved Statis Can Be Revoked

Matt 18:23-35
23"Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
24"And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25"But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made.
26"The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, 'Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
27"Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
28"But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'
29"So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
30"And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.
31"So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done.
32"Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.
33'Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?'
34"And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35"So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
Gal 5:1-15
1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
7You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
8This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you.
9A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
10I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.
11And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased.
12I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!
13For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
Titus 1:16
16They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
1 Cor 9:27
27But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
2 Cor 13:5-6
5Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
John 12:24-25
24"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
25"He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
Rev 22:18-19
18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxx You can be saved and loose it. You can be disqualified. You can fall from grace. You can also fall short of salvation.

1"Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2"Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3"Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4"but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5"But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6"And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7"Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8"And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9"But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10"And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11"Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12"But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
(NKJ)
See my previous post.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not by my faith. But by the faith of Jesus Christ.

So, you're saying we are saved to do works?

I said
No I'm saying your saved so that you can work out your own salvation.

[Phl 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;