No Works-No Salvation

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
NO WORKS-NO SALVATION
THE MEAT UNDERSTANDING IS IN THE WORKS YOU DO

1 Cor 15:9-11
9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
1 Pet 4:12-13
12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;
13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.
Rev 22:12
12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
James 1:22-24
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
II Jn 1:8
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
Matt 5:16
16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
James 1:25
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
James 1:23-24
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
Mark 1:27
27 Then they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this? What new doctrine is this? For with authority He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him."
Acts 5:29-30
29 But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men.
30 "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree.
Acts 5:32
32 "And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him."
Acts 7:39
39 "whom our fathers would not obey, but rejected. And in their hearts they turned back to Egypt,
Luke 9:62
62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
1 Cor 9:9-10
9 For it is written in the law of Moses, "You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain." Is it oxen God is concerned about?
10 Or does He say it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written, that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be partaker of his hope.
Rom 8:24-25
24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?
25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
1 Pet 5:10
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
John 15:13-14
13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
John 14:15-17
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
John 15:10-11
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
2 Cor 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Matt 16:27-28
27 "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
28 "Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."
(NKJ)
XXX You must have works. In order to have works you must find the Holy Spirit to lead you. To lead you He will only use the verses. You must obey the verses and submit to them. Without the Holy Spirit leading you, your works will be in vain. You will only have a camoflouge of doing good. And satan will have you doing them works for his people instead of Gods people. Those who are in the milk understanding are worshiping in the flesh, those who are walking after the Holy Spirit are worshiping in the Spirit.

1 Cor 9:24-27
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.
26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
(NKJ)

Rom 8:8
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)

Rom 8:1-2

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(NKJ)

I Jn 4:15-16
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
(NKJ)

Titus 3:8
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.
(NKJ)

I Jn 2:3-4
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
(NKJ)

Rev 14:12-13
12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."
(NKJ)

Rom 2:12-13
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
(NKJ)

Acts 26:20
20 "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.
(NKJ)

Acts 19:4
4 Then Paul said, "John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I said
I am thankful for the work the LORD has done on my behalf.

I said
I am to. But the Lord doesn't resist the devil in me, He tells me to do that. The Lord doesn't crucify my emotions He tells me to do that. The Lord doesn't bring every thought in my mind to the obedience of the new testament, He tells me to do that. Not that I could do it without Him. But when He sees me trying He helps me.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am saved by the faith and works of the Lord Jesus Christ. And not that of myself, lest I should boast.

I said
Your are saved by faith.

Eph 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

But saved is not salvation. Your saved so that you can work out your salvation.

Phl 2:12

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only if your called by God will you be used for his purpose. Those who are called to be used by him have to go through the process of purification.
GOD called Cyrus for His purpose. What 'purification process' did Cyrus have to go through before he could be used of GOD?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Before the millennium reign of Christ, no man had to go through such purification process to be reborn in the spirit of God and used to testify on behalf of God. The former prophets were forced to obey the voice of the Lord but they didn't go through the justification process of confessing and repenting of all their sins.
Your view is that the millennial reign of Christ is not future?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am thankful for the cross and what Jesus did there on my behalf.

I said
I have always felt sorry for you. You and the rest of the virgins with empty lamps.

1Jo 2:4

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I have always felt sorry for you. You and the rest of the virgins with empty lamps.

1Jo 2:4

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

:chuckle: Feel sorry for yourself since you do not know the meaning of being saved.

1 John 5:9-12 New International Version (NIV)

9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle: Feel sorry for yourself since you do not know the meaning of being saved.

1 John 5:9-12 New International Version (NIV)

9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

I said\
I know all about being saved. And I also know that isn't salvation. Salvation must be worked for.

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said\
I know all about being saved. And I also know that isn't salvation. Salvation must be worked for.

Nope,

Ephesians 2:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Nope,

Ephesians 2:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

I said
I agree as far as being saved. Saved is temporary. Salvation is eternal.

Are you in the NIV now? Is it true they took the word hell plum out of the bible in the old testament?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I agree as far as being saved. Saved is temporary. Salvation is eternal.

Are you in the NIV now? Is it true they took the word hell plum out of the bible in the old testament?

I usually use the KJV. With this post I did not change from the default Bible which is the NIV. And yes it seems as though the word Hell has been removed from the Old Testament.

What does the verse mean? It may mean that we are to work out the salvation which god has placed within us. God has given us eternal life as a free gift. We are to live it out by lives of practical holiness. Or salvation may mean the solution to their problems at Philippi where they had been plagued by squabbles and strife. The apostle has given them the remedy. Now they are to apply the remedy by having the mind of Christ. Thus they would work out their own salvation or solution to their difficulties. Ref: Believer's Bible Commentary

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I usually use the KJV. With this post I did not change from the default Bible which is the NIV. And yes it seems as though the word Hell has been removed from the Old Testament.

What does the verse mean? It may mean that we are to work out the salvation which god has placed within us. God has given us eternal life as a free gift. We are to live it out by lives of practical holiness. Or salvation may mean the solution to their problems at Philippi where they had been plagued by squabbles and strife. The apostle has given them the remedy. Now they are to apply the remedy by having the mind of Christ. Thus they would work out their own salvation or solution to their difficulties. Ref: Believer's Bible Commentary

I said
God does not give salvation free. If so satan would have salvation. Think about it would God say salvation is free then tell us we must work out our salvation .

If salvation was free why would anyone bother to keep Jesus' commandments?? If salvation was free why even have commandments?? If salvation was free why have a judgment day?

Jhn 14:15

“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Jhn 14:21

“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

Jhn 15:10

“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
NO WORKS-NO SALVATION
THE MEAT UNDERSTANDING IS IN THE WORKS YOU DO

XXX You must have works. In order to have works you must find the Holy Spirit to lead you. To lead you He will only use the verses. You must obey the verses and submit to them. Without the Holy Spirit leading you, your works will be in vain. You will only have a camoflouge of doing good. And satan will have you doing them works for his people instead of Gods people. Those who are in the milk understanding are worshiping in the flesh, those who are walking after the Holy Spirit are worshiping in the Spirit.
Shalom.

You must have faith. Works come with faith.

Shalom.

Jacob

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
God does not give salvation free. If so satan would have salvation. Think about it would God say salvation is free then tell us we must work out our salvation .

If salvation was free why would anyone bother to keep Jesus' commandments?? If salvation was free why even have commandments?? If salvation was free why have a judgment day?

Jhn 14:15

“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Jhn 14:21

“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

Jhn 15:10

“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Salvation is a free gift;

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

From Wikipedia;

Salvation (Latin salvatio; Greek sōtēria; Hebrew yasha[1]) is being saved or protected from harm[2] or being saved or delivered from a dire situation.[3] In religion, salvation is stated as the saving of the soul from sin and its consequences.[4]

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is a free gift;

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

From Wikipedia;

Salvation (Latin salvatio; Greek sōtēria; Hebrew yasha[1]) is being saved or protected from harm[2] or being saved or delivered from a dire situation.[3] In religion, salvation is stated as the saving of the soul from sin and its consequences.[4]

I said
Wikipedia, where is that in the bible? Well remember this your betting your soul and everyone you talk into listening to you that your not going down the eternal lake of fire.

Now I got my information straight from the Holy Spirit and Jesus.
Your Saved Statis Can Be Revoked

Matt 18:23-35
23 "Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
24 "And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25 "But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made.
26 "The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, 'Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
27 "Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
28 "But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'
29 "So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
30 "And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.
31 "So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done.
32 "Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.
33 'Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?'
34 "And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
Gal 5:1-15
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
7 You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
8 This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you.
9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
10 I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.
11 And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased.
12 I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!
13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
Titus 1:16
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
John 12:24-25
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
25 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxx You can be saved and loose it. You can be disqualified. You can fall from grace. You can also fall short of salvation.

Matt 25:1-12

1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
(NKJ)