No Conception of Time in Death

Robert Pate

Banned
No one is in heaven yet. I just kicked a hornets nest. Everyone likes to think that their loved ones that have died are in heaven with Christ. Not so. When some one dies the body, soul and Spirit all go into the ground and await the resurrection. They are not really dead, they are sleeping. At the resurrection those that have died in Christ will come out of their graves just like they had just died, even though some of them have been dead for thousands of years. There is no conception of time in death.

"Behold I show you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound and the dead in Christ shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed" 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.

The resurrection will happen when Christ appears, Colossians 3:4. Billions and billions will be resurrected. Some to eternal life and some to eternal damnation.

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of the damnation" John 5:28, 29.

God is going to put it all back together so that we can all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and be judged, 2 Corinthians 5:10. Some will say, "That is impossible" Nothing is impossible with God, God is not limited by time, space or matter. In the "twinkling of an eye" we shall all come forth to be judged. This is why the scripture says, "It is appointed unto man to die, but after this the judgment" Hebrews 9:27.

God is a God of judgment. If he did not judge sin he would not be righteous. All wrongs will be made right and all rights will be rewarded. It appears to me that everything is being recorded so that in the judgment everything will be revealed.

"For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever that you have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed from the roof tops" Luke 12:2, 3.

Many have done evil in the world and think that they have gotten away with it. In God's court everything will be revealed and judged. This is one reason that I am a Christian. I don't want to be judged for my sins. If I were to be judged for my sins I would be condemned to hell because like Paul "I am the chief of all sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. I believe what Paul said when he wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

oatmeal

No one is in heaven yet. I just kicked a hornets nest. Everyone likes to think that their loved ones that have died are in heaven with Christ. Not so. When some one dies the body, soul and Spirit all go into the ground and await the resurrection. They are not really dead, they are sleeping. At the resurrection those that have died in Christ will come out of their graves just like they had just died, even though some of them have been dead for thousands of years. There is no conception of time in death.

"Behold I show you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound and the dead in Christ shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed" 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.

The resurrection will happen when Christ appears, Colossians 3:4. Billions and billions will be resurrected. Some to eternal life and some to eternal damnation.

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of the damnation" John 5:28, 29.

God is going to put it all back together so that we can all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and be judged, 2 Corinthians 5:10. Some will say, "That is impossible" Nothing is impossible with God, God is not limited by time, space or matter. In the "twinkling of an eye" we shall all come forth to be judged. This is why the scripture says, "It is appointed unto man to die, but after this the judgment" Hebrews 9:27.

God is a God of judgment. If he did not judge sin he would not be righteous. All wrongs will be made right and all rights will be rewarded. It appears to me that everything is being recorded so that in the judgment everything will be revealed.

"For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever that you have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed from the roof tops" Luke 12:2, 3.

Many have done evil in the world and think that they have gotten away with it. In God's court everything will be revealed and judged. This is one reason that I am a Christian. I don't want to be judged for my sins. If I were to be judged for my sins I would be condemned to hell because like Paul "I am the chief of all sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. I believe what Paul said when he wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Indeed!

That is what scriptures teach.

There is no perception of time in death for there is no consciousness in death.

Psalm 6:5
For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Ecclesiastes 9:4-5,10

For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

This is confirmed for this age of grace in I Thessalonians 4:13-18

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Noting the events listed and then the phrase, "so shall we ever be with the Lord."

The dead are dead until raised, they have no consciousness of time nor of anything else.

When Christians who have died, who sleep in Jesus, are raised, and those who are alive and remain are caught up together with them, then and only then do the words come to pass, so shall we ever be with the lord.

God does not favor those who died earlier than those are alive and remain. All will meet the lord in the air at the same time.

glorydaz

Not before the resurrection. However, Jesus said to the thief on the cross... "Today you will be with me in paradise".

We only await the redemption of our body. So, when we die, we are absent from the body, but present with the Lord.
Christ is the firstfruit, with a resurrected body, and we will receive ours at His coming.

1 Cor. 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Robert Pate

Banned
We only await the redemption of our body. So, when we die, we are absent from the body, but present with the Lord.
Christ is the firstfruit, with a resurrected body, and we will receive ours at His coming.

1 Cor. 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

There is a problem with that.

The Bible knows nothing of a two part resurrection. The whole man goes into the ground and the whole man is resurrected, 1 Corinthians 15:35-58. Body, soul and Spirit.

glorydaz

There is a problem with that.

The Bible knows nothing of a two part resurrection. The whole man goes into the ground and the whole man is resurrected, 1 Corinthians 15:35-58. Body, soul and Spirit.

What about Steven?

What about these souls?

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

I'm pretty sure soul sleep isn't Biblical, and I don't think 1 Cor. 15 is talking about anything but the body being buried and raised as a spiritual body. But, I'm willing to listen, Robert. :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, before the thousand years.

There is also a resurrection of the just and the unjust...not necessarily at the same time.

Yes, but Robert said, "The Bible knows nothing of a two part resurrection."

This makes me think Robert is not familiar with what the Bible says. However, that doesn't prevent his commentary.

Robert Pate

Banned
What about Steven?

What about these souls?

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

I'm pretty sure soul sleep isn't Biblical, and I don't think 1 Cor. 15 is talking about anything but the body being buried and raised as a spiritual body. But, I'm willing to listen, Robert. :)

Steven was not resurrected when he died. He saw Jesus, but that was all. He was not taken up to heaven.

Revelation 6:9 is interesting. Maybe there is a special place for those that have died for Christ. There appears to be some randomness in how God deals with those that have died. Most of the teaching in the Bible concerning the resurrection, teaches that body, soul and Spirit goes into the ground and body, soul and Spirit will come out of the ground on that day.

Truster

When a person dies the body remains in the realm of time to await the resurrection. The soul and spirit leave time and enter eternity.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not before the resurrection. However, Jesus said to the thief on the cross... "Today you will be with me in paradise".

Our Lord Jesus Christ did not speak of the Body of Christ in his earthly ministry with Israel. So here is 2 Corinthians.

1For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. 4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

We are currently at home in the body, our body of flesh and blood which will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. And in this body, we are absent from the Lord. And when we are with the Lord, we will be absent from this body. I agree, at the resurrection, we get the new bodies. The glorified body, the redemption of the purchased possession, which can come and go like the wind. No diabetes, no cancer, no male pattern baldness.