New Testament Laws

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't see any "laws" of the New Testament. I see only Jesus preaching the Kingdom of God in parables and commenting on life in the world using short, pithy sayings.

Jesus did not use propositional theology.

Laws are made by men and they all differ. There are many different theologies and traditions in the New Testament--and some of them contradict each other.

I said
Commandments are laws. Gods Word is law. The revelations at the top of this thread are different laws in the new testament.

Gal 6:2-3
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The old testament law is different than mans law. The new testament law is different than either of them. The old testament law is the sharia law. Man has adopted many of them laws, but there are many that are not from the sharia law. The old testament law and mans law focuses on what a person does. The new testament law is different because it focuses on why someone does it. The old testament law of mans law focuses on the outside of man. The new testament laws focus on the inside of man.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The old testament law is different than mans law. The new testament law is different than either of them. The old testament law is the sharia law. Man has adopted many of them laws, but there are many that are not from the sharia law. The old testament law and mans law focuses on what a person does. The new testament law is different because it focuses on why someone does it. The old testament law of mans law focuses on the outside of man. The new testament laws focus on the inside of man.
You may have a misunderstanding (I speak of the entirety of your post, and the following).

old testament law is...

why do you say sharia law? What does the word sharia mean? Is it a Hebrew word?

I believe you are confused about this.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You may have a misunderstanding (I speak of the entirety of your post, and the following).

old testament law is...

why do you say sharia law? What does the word sharia mean? Is it a Hebrew word?

I believe you are confused about this.

I said
Sharia is the first five books and the muslim use it. They call it the sharia law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
And the muslim call it the sharia law.
I don't know that as a fact.

Do you remember you would only quote new testament verses and not old testament verses. Now you start with what I call the Torah and say it is what muslims call sharia or sharia law. I have nothing against any Muslim in regard to any law. But I do not follow sharia law.

If we have Biblical Law or the Torah (God's instruction, teaching, direction) found in the first five books of the Bible, which Christians call the Law or the Pentateuch and sometimes the Law of Moses, that is different. The Christian Bible follows after and includes the Hebrew Bible.

Do you mean when a Jew or a Christian talks about the Law, meaning God's Law, what does the Muslim have?

I simply don't understand why you brought up sharia law when we are talking about New Testament Laws. Bravo on wanting to read the first five books of the Bible.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are many different laws.

Heb 7:12-16
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are many different laws.

Heb 7:12-16
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
What priesthood do you believe has been changed? What change of law is the verse talking about? What many different laws are you referring to?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What priesthood do you believe has been changed? What change of law is the verse talking about? What many different laws are you referring to?

I said
The old testament priesthood and the old testament law. Has been changed. Now we have Jesus Christ priesthood and the new testament law.
Heb 7:10-12
10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The old testament priesthood and the old testament law. Has been changed. Now we have Jesus Christ priesthood and the new testament law.
Heb 7:10-12
10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
(NKJ)
Do you know about the old covenant and the new covenant?

There was law associated with the old covenant. What is associated with the new covenant?

Is it true that old covenant or old testament law still has a place, such as in evangelism (sharing the gospel)? For a person knows they have sinned and are guilty before God by the Law. Then it makes sense who Jesus is and what He has done as Savior.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you know about the old covenant and the new covenant?

There was law associated with the old covenant. What is associated with the new covenant?

Is it true that old covenant or old testament law still has a place, such as in evangelism (sharing the gospel)? For a person knows they have sinned and are guilty before God by the Law. Then it makes sense who Jesus is and what He has done as Savior.

I said
lol I don't know how you come up with some of your logic. But the old testament(covenant) is the law of sin and death.
The new testament(covenant) is the law of Christ. Everyone that isn't a born again Christian will be judged by the law of sin and death. But born again Christians will be judged by the law of Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol I don't know how you come up with some of your logic. But the old testament(covenant) is the law of sin and death.
The new testament(covenant) is the law of Christ. Everyone that isn't a born again Christian will be judged by the law of sin and death. But born again Christians will be judged by the law of Christ.
I believe the law of sin and of death predates the old covenant law. That is, I do not believe it to be the Law of Moses. Sin and death were in the world since Adam and Eve, the first humans.

The old covenant is not the old testament scriptures.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I believe the law of sin and of death predates the old covenant law. That is, I do not believe it to be the Law of Moses. Sin and death were in the world since Adam and Eve, the first humans.

The old covenant is not the old testament scriptures.

I said
lol I have showed you this before. Same thing. Now if your going to start making up your own definitions so that you might win an argument you might qas well give up the bible. Unless you have received it in the revelations of Jesus Christ. which I haven't see yet in you.

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol I have showed you this before. Same thing. Now if your going to start making up your own definitions so that you might win an argument you might qas well give up the bible. Unless you have received it in the revelations of Jesus Christ. which I haven't see yet in you.

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.
The Ten Commandments were written by God on tablets of stone.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Ten Commandments were written by God on tablets of stone.

I said
So? The 10 commandments are a condinced version of all the other laws in the old testament. And with every law there is a contract. Obey the law and you won't suffer the punishment for not obeying.
A contract is a covenant, a covenant is a testament.