New Testament Laws

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
So? The 10 commandments are a condinced version of all the other laws in the old testament. And with every law there is a contract. Obey the law and you won't suffer the punishment for not obeying.
A contract is a covenant, a covenant is a testament.
God gave Moses the Ten Commandments and Moses wrote down the other things God had for the nation of Israel to obey.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
There are all sorts of laws that have been picked out from the New Testament by believers--both in the pews and from the pulpit.

The Bible contains actual, remembered history, oral traditions passed down from human memory, legends, myths, mythology and theology.

It's a complex, rich mixture of humanity and the divine.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are all sorts of laws that have been picked out from the New Testament by believers--both in the pews and from the pulpit.

The Bible contains actual, remembered history, oral traditions passed down from human memory, legends, myths, mythology and theology.

It's a complex, rich mixture of humanity and the divine.

I said
Orthodox is gone.

Mark 7:6-9
6 He answered and said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
8 "For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men-- the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do."
9 And He said to them, "All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
All the same law.
The Law was given by God through the prophet Moses. God wrote the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone and Moses wrote the rest at God's instruction. There is also the first five books of the Bible which have been attributed to Moses.

Robert Pate

Banned
Christians are not under any kind of laws or rules.

We are totally free "In Christ".

Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness, Romans 10:4.

To be under the law is to be judged by the law and condemned.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

What is the change in law and what is the law of Christ? Christians are not under the Law. But this does not mean they do not observe the Law. It also doesn't mean they are transgressors of the law. But do they keep it and do they keep any of God's commands?

Robert Pate

Banned
What is the change in law and what is the law of Christ? Christians are not under the Law. But this does not mean they do not observe the Law. It also doesn't mean they are transgressors of the law. But do they keep it and do they keep any of God's commands?

There is only one law and that is the law of Moses. It covers every facet of your life.

"The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules laws or religion.

All men are sinners because all men transgress God's law.

The law is also spiritual. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is only one law and that is the law of Moses. It covers every facet of your life.

"The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules laws or religion.

All men are sinners because all men transgress God's law.

The law is also spiritual. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.
I know all have sinned and that the just live by faith. I believe it is important to be obedient to God's commands.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Law was given by God through the prophet Moses. God wrote the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone and Moses wrote the rest at God's instruction. There is also the first five books of the Bible which have been attributed to Moses.

I said
You start out of a subject then you wonder. The questions was is testament and covenant the same. Yes

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Your wrong. The new testament is the law of Christ. And just like the old testament there are many commandments in the new testament.

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:2-3
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
(NKJ)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I said
Orthodox is gone.

Mark 7:6-9
6 He answered and said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
8 "For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men-- the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do."
9 And He said to them, "All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.
(NKJ)
Sometimes I am just too dense to grasp new information.

Would you be willing to reply and help me understand how you are using the word "Orthodox" and how it applies to my sense of the Bible as diverse?

Thanks in advance!