Neg Rep Spam

WizardofOz

How many posters are getting a constant barrage of negative rep :spam: from others on TOL?

I know a few posters just love to try their hardest to drop others rep by constantly neg repping.

I'd be happy to boost anyone back up based on the quality of their posts, rather than my contempt for their overall character.

If you give out more than a few neg reps a day and follow specific posters around to neg rep them, why do you do this? Don't you find it a bit petty?

Just curious.

Discuss...:box:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How many posters are getting a constant barrage of negative rep :spam: from others on TOL?

I know a few posters just love to try their hardest to drop others rep by constantly neg repping.

I'd be happy to boost anyone back up based on the quality of their posts, rather than my contempt for their overall character.

If you give out more than a few neg reps a day and follow specific posters around to neg rep them, why do you do this? Don't you find it a bit petty?

Just curious.

Nah, it's 'Old GMs' pleasure. If ya need a few, I'll be happy to give ya some. After all, you earned them. :rotfl:

WizardofOz

Nah, it's 'Old GMs' pleasure. If ya need a few, I'll be happy to give ya some. After all, you earned them. :rotfl:

Ah! I see what has been happening. I actually have had you on ignore for some time so I don't have to read you drooling on yourself with post after post on the 'what's new' page. I had a few notifications for a rep comment but nothing new was there. Obviously you are neg repping me but I cannot read them since you're on ignore.

It all makes sense.

Grosnick - get a life, man. You have averaged almost 400 posts a month since you came to TOL. Perhaps you should find a hobby or a good book to read. You're focusing all of this negative energy at people here. It's not good for you.

WizardofOz

Which is what I was saying. I'm so smart. :banana:

Why do you follow certain posters around just to neg rep them? If you finally get someone into the red do you and your brigade feel like you've accomplished something?

Do you prefer that TOL turn into an echo chamber where anyone who doesn't conform to your exact way of thinking can be run off? I don't get the draw of neg repping over and over, day after day...

Last edited:

glorydaz

Why do you follow certain posters around just to neg rep them?

I don't follow certain posters around....I run across them while I'm reading a thread. I neg rep those who have irritated me to no end.

If you finally get someone into the red do you and your brigade feel like you've accomplished something?

Is there truly a brigade of us who have been irritated to no end? Wow. At least I'm not alone.

Do you prefer that TOL turn into an echo chamber where anyone who doesn't conform to your exact way of thinking can be run off? I don't get the draw of neg repping over and over, day after day...

I prefer to have visitors here see certain posters are not highly respected....else they run away before they think we're all wallowing in the same sea of despond.

WizardofOz

I don't follow certain posters around....I run across them while I'm reading a thread. I neg rep those who have irritated me to no end.

Is there truly a brigade of us who have been irritated to no end? Wow. At least I'm not alone.

I prefer to have visitors here see certain posters are not highly respected....else they run away before they think we're all wallowing in the same sea of despond.

Fair enough. Do you think you give out more positive or negative rep, overall?

glorydaz

Ah! I see what has been happening. I actually have had you on ignore for some time so I don't have to read you drooling on yourself with post after post on the 'what's new' page. I had a few notifications for a rep comment but nothing new was there. Obviously you are neg repping me but I cannot read them since you're on ignore.

It all makes sense.

Grosnick - get a life, man. You have averaged almost 400 posts a month since you came to TOL. Perhaps you should find a hobby or a good book to read. You're focusing all of this negative energy at people here. It's not good for you.

What? You can focus your negative energy on Trump, but you can't stand it when negative energy is focused on you? Suck it up. You're starting to sound like James Comey. :rotfl:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Just curious.

It's petty and childish, and I regret the time I spent contributing to the negative rep of other posters. Now when I see a member in red, I make a habit of giving them a few positive reps and it usually brings them back to green. For awhile.

WizardofOz

It's petty and childish, and I regret the time I spent contributing to the negative rep of other posters. Now when I see a member in red, I make a habit of giving them a few positive reps and it usually brings them back to green. For awhile.

Me too! When I see someone in red I usually go and read some of their posts until I find one I agree with and then try to get them back to green. [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] [MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] are a few that come to mind. I don't need to agree with someone 100% of the time in order to find at least some of their contributions worthwhile. I try not to focus so much on being negative. :idunno:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Me too! When I see someone in red I usually go and read some of their posts until I find one I agree with and then try to get them back to green. @popsthebuilder @marhig @meshak are a few that come to mind. I don't need to agree with someone 100% of the time in order to find at least some of their contributions worthwhile. I try not to focus so much on being negative. :idunno:

Indeed ... I find that even though I don't agree them to show appreciation to their civility ...

musterion

Why would you boost someone out of contempt?

Anyway, it's not an either/or matter; one can give negreps for the content of their posts AND contempt for their character.

Nope.

WizardofOz

Oh, that could very well be. I'm sorry if that's the case. It won't be the first time I've been wrong. ;)

No problem. I'm not saying I haven't criticized him but I consider myself more focused on policy than on the man. I've given him credit when due and criticized him when I feel it's merited.

glorydaz

Me too! When I see someone in red I usually go and read some of their posts until I find one I agree with and then try to get them back to green. [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] [MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] are a few that come to mind. I don't need to agree with someone 100% of the time in order to find at least some of their contributions worthwhile. I try not to focus so much on being negative. :idunno:

If you can find something positive with those three, then I am forced to question your judgement. :chuckle: