MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

exminister

:yawn: I asked you what Paul meant by blameless. :chz4brnz:

Did he believe himself to be 100% blameless and without sin? 99%? 82%? :idunno:

What did Paul believe about himself? When you answer this question correctly, you will be answering your own question. :smokie:

Queue jeopardy theme (right click, open).

The Jeopardy Theme is playing for you.

You don't answer a question with a question unless you are afraid of the question :eek:linger:

SD is afraid he will die before he confesses the last sin.
:eek:linger:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The Jeopardy Theme is playing for you.

You don't answer a question with a question unless you are afraid of the question :eek:linger:

SD is afraid he will die before he confesses the last sin.
:eek:linger:
:yawn: Paul's answer is my answer :skeptic: (Phil 3:12). :chz4brnz:

exminister

:yawn:
ad hominem

Me asking ***YOU*** to answer a question is not a straw man or ad hominem attack.

Answering a question is being polite, nothing to do with right or left politics. Understanding how salvation works is so far removed from your "tactics of the left" I cannot comprehend your point, but that has been this whole engagement.

THINK for a change. Can SD speak without a quote? He says No in every post.

I came and have found the well dry. Ahhhh, so this is how others feel when they engage SD, aka :troll:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
ad hominem

Me asking ***YOU*** to answer a question is not a straw man or ad hominem attack.

Answering a question is being polite, nothing to do with right or left politics. Understanding how salvation works is so far removed from your "tactics of the left" I cannot comprehend your point, but that has been this whole engagement.

I came and have found the well dry. Ahhhh, so this is how others feel when they engage SD, aka :troll:

many here
-including me
-have tried to dialogue with serpentdove
-that is not her job
-listening to what the pope says is

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
ad hominem

SD is what one would call a "Nit-Wit." I have him on "EGGNORE." (Ignore for the more educated among us.)

exminister

SD is what one would call a "Nit-Wit." I have him on "EGGNORE." (Ignore for the more educated among us.)

Enjoying your posts and you jest edumacated me.

SD now on eggnore.

I see SD is quite vain. Every thread he posts on he has mirrored on vananne dot com.
Mirror, mirror on my web page wall, aren't I the prettiest one of all?

Choleric

It is not part of the gospel? Even though John the baptizer preached it, Jesus Christ himself preached it, and Paul preached it.

Even though Jesus died on the cross for it.

Jesus was born under the law. John the Baptist didn't preach the gospel that Paul preached.

Nowhere are we told to repent from obeying.

Of course not. We are just told to stop obeying in order to earn salvation.

Dead works are sin, and dead works are the old works of the law, the purification/ceremonial works that the Jews had to do for over 1,600 years just to be able to worship God.

Not quite. Not stealing is obeying God and it is of course a good thing. Not stealing and then turning around and expecting God to honor you with salvation based on your good work is a "dead work".

A dead work is anything you do to earn salvation. From feeding the poor, to being kind etc.

Trusting God is to trust everything he says. Trusting God is not what you say. Trusting God is not stop obeying God.

True. Which is how we know that obedience to God does not earn salvation. Titus 3:5.

It is never ever a dead work to do what Jesus says to do. How do you ever get that what Jesus taught are dead works?

I am trying to help you see the distinction. It is never that we stop living our neighbor and loving God, but that we stop trusting in those good works to save us because they won't. Titus 3:5

Is this a dead work:

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 1:52
He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble.

Luke 14:11
For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

So tell us, is obeying Jesus by humbling yourself a dead work?

Humbling yourself is realizing that on your best day you are a sinner who deserves hell for all eternity and realizing that only if God gives you a righteousness you didn't earn, can you be saved.

Trying to work for salvation is the opposite of humility. The law was given that "every mouth may be stopped and all become guilty".

As long as you are still working, you are still running your mouth and trying to clean up the old man.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
He who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does (Jas 1:25, emphasis mine).

See:

Abide in Him

God's Truth

Even though Jesus died on the cross for it.
Jesus was born under the law. John the Baptist didn't preach the gospel that Paul preached.

Paul preached, “First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.”

John the baptizer preached, “Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

Paul preached, “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,”

John the baptizer preached, “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Same gospel was preached.

Of course not. We are just told to stop obeying in order to earn salvation.

We are never told to stop obeying.

We are told we cannot work at cleaning ourselves to purify/justify ourselves for God by the purification/ceremonial works which begins with circumcision.

That means no one has to clean themselves by getting circumcised, and adhering to a dietary law, and doing various external washings, and sacrificing animals.

No one has to do those things anymore because faith that Jesus’ blood cleans us is what cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

We are never ever told there is a wrong time to obey God.

Not quite. Not stealing is obeying God and it is of course a good thing. Not stealing and then turning around and expecting God to honor you with salvation based on your good work is a "dead work".

Obeying God is never a dead work. You cannot ever say obeying is wrong. As for God honoring us with salvation for obeying, it is exactly what He does. You must come to God through Jesus and repent of stealing.

John 12:26
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

True. Which is how we know that obedience to God does not earn salvation. Titus 3:5.

That scripture is about no one having to wash themselves with various external washings and sacrificing animals. That scripture is about the Holy Spirit washing us by our faith in Jesus’ blood.

Humbling yourself is realizing that on your best day you are a sinner who deserves hell for all eternity and realizing that only if God gives you a righteousness you didn't earn, can you be saved.

Trying to work for salvation is the opposite of humility. The law was given that "every mouth may be stopped and all become guilty".

As long as you are still working, you are still running your mouth and trying to clean up the old man.

At least you are coming to admit we have to do SOMETHING to be saved. You know that Jesus says if you do not change and humble yourself as a little child---you will NEVER enter.

When one humbles themselves as a little child, it means you are ready to do anything and everything Jesus says.

Jesus also says that unless you forgive others---the Father will not forgive you.

How do you think you are going to be forgiven of all your sins if the Father does not forgive you?

Jesus says those who obey receive the Holy Spirit.

See Acts 5:32, John 14:23, and many more.

The message of the gospel is sent to those who fear God and do what is right.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.