Muslims may not have to fight to conquer Europe

musterion

This is reported as captioned with “Children in Dutch primary school De Vinkenbuurt are being taught Islam.”

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you trying to say that it may be like Chamberlin and Hitler; There will be peace in our time.

musterion

Two sides in Europe, among the natives: those who will seek peace at any price, and those who'll fight to retain what's left of their cultures. I know which side I'm pulling for, and which side I think will prevail.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is reported as captioned with “Children in Dutch primary school De Vinkenbuurt are being taught Islam.”

The picture is from a field trip to a Mosque.

Most kids in primary school in The Netherlands take field trips to a mosque, a church, a gurdwara, a synagogue and a Hindu temple.

musterion

The picture is from a field trip to a Mosque.

Most kids in primary school in The Netherlands take field trips to a mosque, a church, a gurdwara, a synagogue and a Hindu temple.

If they were made to say the shahada, hard core Muslims will consider the kids as Muslims whether anyone else does or not.

gcthomas

You reject the evidence of creation's witness of your Creator, Judge and Savior, so why should I entertain you on this?
So you don't have any evidence they were being trained to be Muslims, then?

You could have just said so. :chuckle:

musterion

So you don't have any evidence they were being trained to be Muslims, then?

You could have just said so. :chuckle:

I just posted a picture that would have people like you raging and foaming had it taken place, say, during a Catholic mass or a Baptist revival. So as I expected, you don't have any problems with the picture per se.

chair

I just posted a picture that would have people like you raging and foaming had it taken place, say, during a Catholic mass or a Baptist revival. So as I expected, you don't have any problems with the picture per se.

If this in fact was a public school activity, it would be extremely disturbing.

chair

The image seems real. I found it on this site:
http://testwww.ooz.nl/Paginas/nieuws.aspx , which says that it is (Google Translate):

primary Education

The Foundation for Public Education Zwolle and Region is the competent authority of 28 primary schools in the municipalities of Zwolle, Dalfsen and Ommen Hattem, including one special school (SBO) .am.​

A Google translate of the text reads:
Other cultures OBS Vinkenbuurt

OBS Vinkenbuurt is currently working on the project 'other cultures'.
Therefore students of the Vinkenbuurt have visited the Ghulzar-e-Madina mosque in Zwolle.

Imam Mawlana Tahier Wagid Hosain Noorani has given the students a tour of his mosque. All questions that the students had were answered in a fun and understandable way.

Students OBS Vinkenbuurt also tried to say after the Arabic alphabet.
The pupils also experience what it is to pray.
All in all the students of the Vinkenbuurt learned a lot about Islam.​

Sad, and not entirely surprising.

gcthomas

My children (in state schools) have visited a catholic church and a Muslim mosque (there is no synagogue in my town) as part of their Religious Studies - and I had no problem with either visit.

Why would I object to teaching kids about religions in society?

gcthomas

If this in fact was a public school activity, it would be extremely disturbing.

Why? European countries are comfortable with the plurality of religions and most require schools to teach about the major ones. Visits are commonplace and entirely uncontroversial.

chair

Why? European countries are comfortable with the plurality of religions and most require schools to teach about the major ones. Visits are commonplace and entirely uncontroversial.

I have no problem with visiting, or learning about Islam. It would be terrible if kids didn't learn about other religions. Take a look at the photo. "The pupils also experience what it is to pray. All in all the students of the Vinkenbuurt learned a lot about Islam."

Is that just a normal educational visit? What happens to the kid who doesn't want to play at Muslim prayers? Are they expected to kneel and cross themselves when they visit a Catholic Cathedral?

Last edited:

gcthomas

I have no problem with visiting, or learning about Islam. It would be terrible if kids didn't learn about other religions. Take a look at the photo. Is that just a normal educational visit? What happens to the kid who doesn't want to play at Muslim prayers? Are they expected to kneel and cross themselves when they visit a Catholic Cathedral?

Without more context than is provided in the photo, it is impossible to claim that actual worship is going on. An outside the Evangelical set, most Christians seem to think that Muslims worship the same god as them, so why would kneeling and praying to your own God on a mat be an issue? Joining in like that helps to break down the them-and-us societal fault lines many here wish to preserve, but which I see as a fundamental obstruction to having a grown up culture.

chair

Without more context than is provided in the photo, it is impossible to claim that actual worship is going on. An outside the Evangelical set, most Christians seem to think that Muslims worship the same god as them, so why would kneeling and praying to your own God on a mat be an issue? Joining in like that helps to break down the them-and-us societal fault lines many here wish to preserve, but which I see as a fundamental obstruction to having a grown up culture.
I am 100% in favor of learning about other religions. I do not see how participating in religious activities goes hand in hand with that. What if they were visiting a Hindu Temple? Should they participate in Hindu rituals? Does separation of Church and State mean anything?