Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Yes, she surely was overwhelmed with love for Him just as each one of "the Woman",
His Church is, when the Spirit reveals Christ's Love and Forgiveness for them;
the ones He gave His Life for! Eph. 5:25

Having read these verses many times before, yet I never noticed this until today:

"When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman... " John 8:10 !

~~~~~
Amen, good observation, a penny for your thoughts on it !

beloved57

For She Loveth Much and her sins are forgiven ! 2

For She Loveth Much and her sins are forgiven ! 2

All whom The Lord Jesus Christ saves, they have been ordained unto good works Eph 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And that which she was performing upon Christ her Lord and Saviour was a good work Matt 26:9-11

9 For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor.

10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.

11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Mark 14:3-9

3 And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.

4 And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?

5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

6 And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.

7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.

8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.

9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

Now couple that with the fact that she is said to Loveth much because she perceived she was forgiven much as stated here Lk 7:47

Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

This was her Faith working by Love Gal 5:6

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Faith in Christ will always be accompanied by Love, because they both fruit of the Spirit of Christ in them Gal 5:22 and because they both Gifts of His Grace , Paul writes 1 Tim 1:14

And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Thats because they are fruit of His Spirit which He gives to each redeemed sinner whom He dies for; Also because they are in Him. Yes the women was in Christ Jesus. Faith and Love they come from the Bridegroom, who is the Head of His Body the Church, His Bride.

Faith in Christ must be accompanied by Love or it is nothing 1 Cor 13:1-2

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

That word charity is the greek word ἀγάπη and is translated Love up to 86 times ! Its the word used here Lk 7:47 !

Now this is crucial to understand and also shows the absurdity of how a unregenerate sinner can have Faith in Christ, when that Faith works by Love, and it is above blasphemy to suggest that a unregenerate sinner can Love the Lord Jesus Christ, but yet that is exactly what the enemies of God are telling us when they tell us that one can believe on Christ in Gospel Obedience in a unregenerate state, you may as well say also that a unregenerate sinner can Love God as well, void of God's Spirit !

Nanja

If God does not Impute sin to a person or to a world as in the World of 2 Cor 5:19, it is because those sins of theirs has already been by Him,Imputed or Charged to Jesus Christ, instead of to them, and Jesus Christ pays the penalty for those sins of theirs charged to Him. The Penalty of their sins was death as indicated in Rom 6:23, and He as the Gift of God died their death, discharging them from their penalty of sin; and such ones whose debt of death for their sins has been discharged, by the Justice of God they are entitled to Life as proof of the same !

So each of them are quickened to life by their Last Adam 1 Cor 15:45, and they receive the Light of Life, to no longer walk in darkness, because of Christ Jn 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Now who is is that shall be following Him ? Its His Sheep, those whom He died for Jn 10:4

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Amen! This is the only World which will be given the knowledge of their Salvation
Luke 1:77; Eph. 1:13, the Word of Reconciliation 2 Cor. 5:19,
(Spiritually communicated to each one personally, without them doing anything)
that they have complete forgiveness of their sins because they were
imputed / charged to their Saviour Christ Jesus Mat. 1:21, on their behalf!

(Have been following your entire study on the World of 2 Cor. 5:19. TY!)

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen! This is the only World which will be given the knowledge of their Salvation
Luke 1:77; Eph. 1:13, the Word of Reconciliation 2 Cor. 5:19,
(Spiritually communicated to each one personally, without them doing anything)
that they have complete forgiveness of their sins because they were
imputed / charged to their Saviour Christ Jesus Mat. 1:21, on their behalf!

(Have been following your entire study on the World of 2 Cor. 5:19. TY!)

~~~~~

Amen and I Thank God for you !

beloved57

For She Loveth Much and her sins are forgiven ! 3

For She Loveth Much and her sins are forgiven ! 3

This Work that this Women Mary did upon her Saviour I believe she is a picture of the Church, all of them He gave Himself for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Note: All for whom Christ Loved and gave Himself for, it was for the stated purpose :"That/hina = in order that he might sanctify and cleanse it [or them individually] with the washing of water by the word,"

If that purpose does not prosper, His giving of Himself and Loving them has failed the Divine Purpose !

All whom He died for shall be given to perceive His Divine Love and respond in Love to Him 2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

1 Jn 4:19

19 We[The Church/Belivers] love him, because he first loved us.

The word because here hoti means, it is being said by it, why something is being done , as in cause and effect ! God/ Christ Loving us First will effect those Loved, to Love Him in Return !

Now lets Look at a scripture in the OT Song of Solomon 1:1-5

The song of songs, which is Solomon's.

2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

3 Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.

4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

The Virgins here picture the Church, that the Bridegroom Loveth 2 Cor 11:2

2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

The Virgins in Song of Solomon perceived this Love of Christ the Bridegroom !

Notice the statement in Vs 3 "Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth"

What does this pouring forth of ointment reminds us of ?

Matt 26:7,12

There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial.

Mk 14:3

And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.

Remember why she poured this ointment ? Lk 7:45-48

45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

She Loved him because He first Loved her and forgave her sins, and she perceived it, which effected that Good Work.

And thats the point of Virgin in Song of Solomon 1:3,12 !

Now couple this with Vs 12

12 While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.

Now lets revisit Mary and her ointment of what sort it was ! Jn 12:3

Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

I believe therefore that what Mary did was a picture of the Lords Church, both in the OT and NT and how she will [all her members] will respond in Love to Christ's Love for them/ Her 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Love to God in Christ is not an Option, its an caused effect of His Love and Power !

beloved57

Christ's Kingdom is Now, but its Spiritual !

Christ's Kingdom is Now, but its Spiritual !

All who have been deceived by the devil, think that Christ's Kingdom He was Promised is a physical kingdom located in the middle east, where one day He will sit on a physical throne of david, oh what deception !

Jesus said once that His Kingdom of which He is now King is not of this world Jn 18:36

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

And this Kingdom [not of this world] is the one the Father appointed to Him Lk 22:29

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Note: Though this Kingdom is Spiritual and Invisble Now, yet it shall have a Physical Manifestation at the Second Coming of Christ 2 Tim 4:1

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

But presently its Spiritual ! John when writing to the Churches in the Book of Revelation writes to them his brothren in Christ Rev 1:9

9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Paul writes of it here Col 1:13

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

This is the Kingdom appointed to Him by the Father Lk 22:29

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Look at Vs 12 of Col 1 who is Thanked :

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

And look at Vs 11 cp to Rev 1:9 and notice what is common Col 1:11

11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Rev 1:9

I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Its the word Patience, because its now a Kingdom Characterized [its citizens] by Patience ! Which BTW is a fruit of the Spirit of which they are Born of Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering or patience, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Again Paul links the Two together The Kingdom and the Spirit here Rom 14:17

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

In the greek it reads:

οὐ γάρ ἐστιν ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ θεοῦ βρῶσις καὶ πόσις ἀλλὰ δικαιοσύνη καὶ εἰρήνη καὶ χαρὰ ἐν πνεύματι ἁγίῳ

Notice the definite article to indicate The one and only definite Kingdom of God, and yet it is noted to be Spiritual in Character !

The Citizens of this Kingdom are given to wait for its Glorious Manifestation in Patience while in this World Rom 5:1-5

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Notice in Vs 3 Two words: Tribulation and Patience, and where do we see them together again ? Rev 1:9

I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 13:10

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

This is the Church, the Kingdom of God upon Earth in Tribulation ! Again Rev 14:12

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Why do you think Paul, the Apostle specifically to the Gentile Nations would Teach the things concerning the Kingdom of God and Jesus Christ to all who would hear him ? Notice Acts 28:23,30-31

23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,

31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Some may think that Paul was speaking only of jews in Vs 23, because he taught out of the Prophets and the Law of Moses, but thats not so, jews did not understand spiritually neither the Law of Moses or the Prophets, remember He told jews here this Jn 5:46

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Also this Acts 13:27

For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

So being a jew by nature meant nothing when it comes to the Truths of God.

And also because of the Spiritual nature of the Kingdom, Gentiles were Taught out of the Prophets about Christ ! Philip was sent to witness Christ to a Gentile Ethiopian and he taught him out of the Prophets, Isaiah to be exact Acts 8:26-35

26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide/teach me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Philip preached from the Prophets to a Gentile Jesus ! And thats what Paul was doing in Acts 28:23,30-31

Also let it be known that the Gospel of Jesus was taught to a Gentile here even before Peter was sent to them with the Gospel in Acts 10.

Thats why its the Gospel of the Kingdom, its for all birthed into a Spiritual Kingdom and its the Call of the Kingdom 1 Thess 2:12-13

12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Nanja

This Work that this Women Mary did upon her Saviour I believe she is a picture of the Church, all of them He gave Himself for Eph 5:25

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Note: All for whom Christ Loved and gave Himself for, it was for the stated purpose :"That/hina = in order that he might sanctify and cleanse it [or them individually] with the washing of water by the word,"

If that purpose does not prosper, His giving of Himself and Loving them has failed the Divine Purpose !

All whom He died for shall be given to perceive His Divine Love and respond in Love to Him 2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

1 Jn 4:19

19 We[The Church/Belivers] love him, because he first loved us.

The word because here hoti means, it is being said by it, why something is being done , as in cause and effect ! God/ Christ Loving us First will effect those Loved, to Love Him in Return !

Now lets Look at a scripture in the OT Song of Solomon 1:1-5

The song of songs, which is Solomon's.

2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

3 Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.

4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

The Virgins here picture the Church, that the Bridegroom Loveth 2 Cor 11:2

2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Eph 5:25

The Virgins in Song of Solomon perceived this Love of Christ the Bridegroom !

Notice the statement in Vs 3 "Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth"

What does this pouring forth of ointment reminds us of ?

Matt 26:7,12

There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.

For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial.

Mk 14:3

And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.

Remember why she poured this ointment ? Lk 7:45-48

45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

She Loved him because He first Loved her and forgave her sins, and she perceived it, which effected that Good Work.

And thats the point of Virgin in Song of Solomon 1:3,12 !

Now couple this with Vs 12

12 While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.

Now lets revisit Mary and her ointment of what sort it was ! Jn 12:3

Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

I believe therefore that what Mary did was a picture of the Lords Church, both in the OT and NT and how she will [all her members] will respond in Love to Christ's Love for them/ Her 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Love to God in Christ is not an Option, its an caused effect of His Love and Power !

Amen, and a most beautiful picture, indeed!

God works His Love and Power in each member of Christ's Body,
His Church, in the giving of the Spirit of His Son to them.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth
the Spirit of his Son into your hearts
, crying, Abba, Father

Rom. 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God
is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us

And They Love Him soo much!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen, and a most beautiful picture, indeed!

God works His Love and Power in each member of Christ's Body,
His Church, in the giving of the Spirit of His Son to them.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth
the Spirit of his Son into your hearts
, crying, Abba, Father

Rom. 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God
is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us

And They Love Him soo much!

~~~~~

That's the Gift of Spiritual Discernment of the Truth you are blessed with !

Nanja

Rev 18:4-5

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Now these described in this passage whom God remembers their iniquities, they cannot be the People of God, which People He effectually calls out from amongst those who obviously are not His People, and calls them " My People" !

This coincides with the Church, the Body of Christ Paul writes to here 2 Cor 6:14-18

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Now the Church, the Body of Christ is God's Temple See 1 Cor 3:16

16 Know ye not that ye [The Church/Body of Christ] are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

And thats also who Paul is calling the " MY PEOPLE " in 2 Cor 6:16

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Which are the same MY PEOPLE in the Rev 18:4

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

God calls His People the Church out from among false religions of the reprobated world 2 Cor 6:17

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

They are called out from among them for whom God does remember their iniquties, but to those whom are His People, the Temple of God, the Church, His Covenant People, their iniquties He shall remember no more Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

See the contrast between those whom God does remember their iniquties against them in Rev 18:5 and those He will not remember their iniquties against in Heb 8:12 !

They are His People the Church Heb 8:10

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

2 Cor 6:16

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them[My Temple 1 Cor 3:16], and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Just as the world is increased in iniquity, likewise are all today's churches
and religious institutions 2 Cor 11:13-15; Mat. 24:11-12 KJV.

They are all temples of idols 2 Cor. 6:16; literally and/or figuratively.

Freewill religion is a personal pride idol one looks to for Salvation; or a work-based religion;
same as those who pray to and worship statues and relics: All False Gospels!

Those who practice such are those whom God will remember their iniquities:
They are not the People if God, even though they may be very religious,
but they are reprobates; those excluded from the number of God's People; from Salvation Rev. 18:5!

~~~~~

beloved57

Just as the world is increased in iniquity, likewise are all today's churches
and religious institutions 2 Cor 11:13-15; Mat. 24:11-12 KJV.

They are all temples of idols 2 Cor. 6:16; literally and/or figuratively.

Freewill religion is a personal pride idol one looks to for Salvation; or a work-based religion;
same as those who pray to and worship statues and relics: All False Gospels!

Those who practice such are those whom God will remember their iniquities:
They are not the People if God, even though they may be very religious,
but they are reprobates; those excluded from the number of God's People; from Salvation Rev. 18:5!

~~~~~

Thanks and spoken well !

beloved57

The Blessing of Abraham !

The Blessing of Abraham !

Gal 3:14

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Now what is the Blessing of Abraham ? Basically in a nutshell its the Blessing of Salvation, the Eternal Inheritance Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

This Inheritance has blessings for now and the Life to come, its inclusive of all the various parts and aspects of Eternal Inheritance Heb 9:15

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise[Gal 3:18] of eternal inheritance.

It also includes Justification by Faith here, thats a Blessing of Abraham Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The Gentiles Justification by Faith is one of the many spects and promises contained in the Blessing of Abraham !

Now here in Gal 3:14 the Blessing being specified as an Blessing of Abraham is the Spirit, thats right, all the Seed of Abraham, not his physical biological seed, though some of them are included, but his Spiritual Seed, comprised of both jew and Gentiles, which promised blessing comes upon them in and through the redemptive work of Christ as stated in Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

This Blessing of the Spirit comes on all for whom Christ was made a curse for, that in and of itself redeemed them from the curse of the Law, which includes death, and secured for them the Life Giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

This Life giving from the risen Christ is simply a Blessing of Abraham promised ! Remember Christ Himself is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Christ[The Seed of Abraham] is a Life giving Spirit to Abraham's Seed, which includes Gentiles, so we know its a Spiritual Seed and not an ethnic seed according to the flesh !

This Seed shall receive the Promise of the Spirit through Faith. Now this through Faith is not speaking about the redeemed ones subjective Faith or act of belief, but its speaking of doctrine of Faith, in the original it would read through the Faith with Faith being preceded by the definite article :

ἵνα εἰς τὰ ἔθνη ἡ εὐλογία τοῦ Ἀβραὰμ γένηται ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ ἵνα τὴν ἐπαγγελίαν τοῦ πνεύματος λάβωμεν διὰ τῆς πίστεως

So the Gentiles through Christ's Redemptive Death for them, do receive the Blessing of Abraham, the Spirit upon them because of the Faith, what God word teaches or promises ! The word of Faith is Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. or Gen 22:18

And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Acts 3:25

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

This was the Gospel to Abraham Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

This Gospel had to do with also the coming of the Spirit upon the Gentiles through Jesus Christ Gal 3:14 through or because of the Faith ! This is a guaranteed blessing to all the Spiritual Abrahamic Seed, and again its foundation is that Blessed Promise made to Abraham centuries ago Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

That promised contained in it this Gal 3:8

beloved57

The Blessing of Abraham ! 2

The Blessing of Abraham ! 2

Folks Christ did not come to die for and seek all mankind without exception in His Saving Death, but only one seed did He come to seek and to save Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

I like how one version states it :

For death was not authorized over the Angels, but death was authorized over the seed of Abraham.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English

Christ was only authorized from His Father and God to save the Seed of Abraham, those given to Him Jn 17:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

That as many is the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:13,16

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Moving on, all for whom Christ died He represented, they were One with Him in Being the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16,29, Heb 2:11, So as such, Christ being the rightful Heir of God as Per Matt 21:38

But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

Heb 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Then is also those Chosen in Him before the foundation Heirs together with Him, so called Joint Heirs Rom 8:16-17

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

And hence as an allotment of their Inheritance as they joined with Christ, when He as a portion of His Inheritace did receive from the Father the Promise of the Spirit Acts 2:33

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

He doeth in turn pours it out upon the Joint Heirs Chosen in Him, The Seed of Abraham, as they must also begin to partake of their Inheritance, the Spirit being a part of that ! Recall when Paul was writing the Believers in Ephesus, He mentions that Holy Spirit of Promise Eph 1:13-14

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

The Spirit here is the down-payment given indicating the rest of the Inheritance shall be applied to them . The Spirit and Inheritance is together here Rom 8:16-17 !

BTW its the same Inheritance Peter writes of in 1 Pet 1:3-4 , all of which is the Blessing of Abraham !

Nanja

Folks Christ did not come to die for and seek all mankind without exception in His Saving Death, but only one seed did He come to seek and to save Heb 2:16

I like how one version states it :

For death was not authorized over the Angels, but death was authorized over the seed of Abraham.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English

Christ was only authorized from His Father and God to save the Seed of Abraham, those given to Him Jn 17:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

That as many is the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:13,16

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Moving on, all for whom Christ died He represented, they were One with Him in Being the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16,29, Heb 2:11, So as such, Christ being the rightful Heir of God as Per Matt 21:38

But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

Heb 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Then is also those Chosen in Him before the foundation Heirs together with Him, so called Joint Heirs Rom 8:16-17

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

And hence as an allotment of their Inheritance as they joined with Christ, when He as a portion of His Inheritace did receive from the Father the Promise of the Spirit Acts 2:33

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

He doeth in turn pours it out upon the Joint Heirs Chosen in Him, The Seed of Abraham, as they must also begin to partake of their Inheritance, the Spirit being a part of that ! Recall when Paul was writing the Believers in Ephesus, He mentions that Holy Spirit of Promise Eph 1:13-14

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

The Spirit here is the down-payment given indicating the rest of the Inheritance shall be applied to them . The Spirit and Inheritance is together here Rom 8:16-17 !

BTW its the same Inheritance Peter writes of in 1 Pet 1:3-4 , all of which is the Blessing of Abraham !

Amen! All the Chosen Elect, the spiritual Seed of Abraham
are heirs with Christ, His Seed, the Sons of God. And so,
they will experimentally partake of His Spirit.

Gal 4:6-7 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son
into your hearts
, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant,
but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect,
which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Rom. 8:14-17 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received
the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness
with our spirit, that we are the children of God

Col. 1:26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations,
but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the
riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory

~~~~~