Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Spiritual Knowledge saves !

Spiritual Knowledge saves !

Spiritual Knowledge saves ! That is Saving Knowledge of the Truth , no it does not save anyone from the penalty of their sins, but it saves from the delusions of false religion and is a appropriate evidence of having been saved from the penalty of ones sins by the blood of Christ !

Ignorance spiritually is what marks the unconverted, even when they are all so zealous for their religion and beliefs of God, for instance what Paul says of jewish kinsmen here, but it is not limited to only them by no wise Rom 10:1-2

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

You see that ? Paul equates their being saved with the coming into the Knowledge of the Truth.

That word knowledge in Vs 2 above is the same word knowledge Paul uses in 1 Tim 2:4

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Its the word epignōsis and means:

I.precise and correct knowledge
A.
used in the NT of the knowledge of things ethical and divine

Thats because the Truth of the Gospel is precise and must be correct. That word precise means:

1.definitely or strictly stated, defined, or fixed: precise directions.

being exactly that and neither more nor less: a precise temperature; a precise amount.

being just that and no other: the precise dress she had wanted.

definite or exact in statement, as a person.

carefully distinct: precise articulation.

And again, Paul equates this Knowledge with being saved. There is simply no way we can claim to be saved [in a conversion sense] and not have a precise saving knowledge of the Truth, and I just provided the scriptures to confirm that, both 1 Tim 2:4 and Rom 10:1-2 !

Nanja

Now it would be unjust to recharge them with a debt already paid ! Some attempt to escape this by saying that if the sinner that Christ died for does not accept Christ as Saviour or accept what He has done, then thats why they go to hell for their sins Jn 8:24 ! The problem with this is that it makes unbelief a reason for God to reverse what Christ has done, then He recharges their sins / debts to them any way, sin debts that had been cleansed away by the Blood of Christ, and which again would make God unjust, God cannot detract away from Christ's Suffering already for their sins ! If a creditor I owed a large debt to, hath received an full payment for my debt by an benefactor , then the creditor, having received full payment from the benefactor, has no more legal grounds to still hold me a debtor, or under any legal obligation, yes even if after hearing of the good news that my debt to the creditor has been fully paid and that i am now debt free, even if i dont believe it, or accept it in my mind, that cannot change the fact or the reality that I have been made debt free, but its now still the obligation of the creditor to some how convince me, and persuade me of that fact, because He cannot recharge me the debt without being unjust and unscrupulous. But may it never be with the God of Truth, God convinces the debt free sinner of the truth of his position by sending unto him the Spirit of Truth, of which one of His effects is Faith, and Spirit given Faith embraces, receives the Good News of his Justification, for God does not punish with eternal damnation those whom Christ has paid their hell sin debt for already because of their unbelief, but He simply gives them His Spirit and Faith to believe the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

And hence, Faith is as stated Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence/conviction of things not seen.

Amen! God sees all those Christ died for, His Sheep John 10:11,
as completely debt free from the wages of sin and death; it's His Gift to them Rom. 6:23;
no action their part is required. Their salvation is completed everlastingly John 19:30; Dan 9:24!

And so a strong assurance, of what Christ accomplished in their behalf,
will be communicated to them experientially by the Spirit Rom. 8:16!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen! God sees all those Christ died for, His Sheep John 10:11,
as completely debt free from the wages of sin and death; it's His Gift to them Rom. 6:23;
no action their part is required. Their salvation is completed everlastingly John 19:30; Dan 9:24!

And so a strong assurance, of what Christ accomplished in their behalf,
will be communicated to them experientially by the Spirit Rom. 8:16!

~~~~~
Yes, the Spirit working powerfully with the truth of the Gospel, the word of God, gives the hearers assurance 1 Thessalonians 1:5 which is a part of the Gift of Faith !

Posted from the TOL App!

Nanja

Yes, the Spirit working powerfully with the truth of the Gospel, the word of God, gives the hearers assurance 1 Thessalonians 1:5 which is a part of the Gift of Faith !

Yes it is. The word for assurance in 1 Thes. 1:5 KJV is plērophoria, which also means: most certain confidence.
I believe it indicates that one, most assuredly is knowing in his soul, and has complete trust, that he has been granted Salvation.

And it's the same word used in Col. 2:2 - That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love,
and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes it is. The word for assurance in 1 Thes. 1:5 KJV is plērophoria, which also means: most certain confidence.
I believe it indicates that one, most assuredly is knowing in his soul, and has complete trust, that he has been granted Salvation.

And it's the same word used in Col. 2:2 - That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love,
and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.

~~~~~

Amen !

beloved57

Who is the world in 1 Jn 2:2 ?

Who is the world in 1 Jn 2:2 ?

The World of 1 Jn 2:2

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The world here is the Seed of Abraham, Heb 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The reconciliation here is the same as propitiation in 1 Jn 2:2 . The word propitiation in 1 Jn 2:2 is the noun hilasmos:

I.
an appeasing, propitiating

II.
the means of appeasing, a propitiation

Now the word reconciliation in Heb 2:17 is the verb hilaskomai:

I.
to render one's self, to appease, conciliate to one's self
A.
to become propitious, be placated or appeased

B.
to be propitious, be gracious, be merciful

II.
to expiate, make propitiation for

Now so the sins of the people in Heb 2:17 would correspond with the Our sins of 1 Jn 2:2.

But why woud 1 Jn add the phrase " and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

The reason for that additional comment is to clarify that the seed of Abraham of Heb 2:16 is not limited to jews, but it does include gentiles, men and women from all the world !

You see, the Seed of Abraham is Universal in its scope, and not localized in one region, Remember God told Abraham this Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

So the objects of the propitiation is restricted to the sins of the people Heb 2:17 the seed of Abraham Vs 16; 1 Jn 2:2 , but the people, the seed of Abraham is not restricted to ethnic jews, but includes other ethnicities known as Gentiles or the nations !

John was primarily writing to converted ethnic jews in the jerusalem assemblies, and that lived during his time frame, but he would have them to know that Christ's propitiation, that satisfaction that His death provided for the sins against His Law and Justice, was not only for us, but for the seed of Abraham globally and of all time !

So 1 Jn 2:2 is speaking Globally of the whole Seed of Abraham !

Nanja

The World of 1 Jn 2:2

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The world here is the Seed of Abraham, Heb 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The reconciliation here is the same as propitiation in 1 Jn 2:2 . The word propitiation in 1 Jn 2:2 is the noun hilasmos:

I.
an appeasing, propitiating

II.
the means of appeasing, a propitiation

Now the word reconciliation in Heb 2:17 is the verb hilaskomai:

I.
to render one's self, to appease, conciliate to one's self
A.
to become propitious, be placated or appeased

B.
to be propitious, be gracious, be merciful

II.
to expiate, make propitiation for

Now so the sins of the people in Heb 2:17 would correspond with the Our sins of 1 Jn 2:2.

But why woud 1 Jn add the phrase " and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

The reason for that additional comment is to clarify that the seed of Abraham of Heb 2:16 is not limited to jews, but it does include gentiles, men and women from all the world !

You see, the Seed of Abraham is Universal in its scope, and not localized in one region, Remember God told Abraham this Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

So the objects of the propitiation is restricted to the sins of the people Heb 2:17 the seed of Abraham Vs 16; 1 Jn 2:2 , but the people, the seed of Abraham is not restricted to ethnic jews, but includes other ethnicities known as Gentiles or the nations !

John was primarily writing to converted ethnic jews in the jerusalem assemblies, and that lived during his time frame, but he would have them to know that Christ's propitiation, that satisfaction that His death provided for the sins against His Law and Justice, was not only for us, but for the seed of Abraham globally and of all time !

So 1 Jn 2:2 is speaking Globally of the whole Seed of Abraham !

Amen!

Also, "the whole world" in 1 John 2:2 cannot infer universal salvation,
because we know from John 17:9 that there is a world that Jesus does not pray for.
He prays only for those given Him of the Father.

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,
but should raise it up again at the last day.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen!

Also, "the whole world" in 1 John 2:2 cannot infer universal salvation,
because we know from John 17:9 that there is a world that Jesus does not pray for.
He prays only for those given Him of the Father.

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,
but should raise it up again at the last day.

~~~~~

And the Church said Amen !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

Unto all and Upon all them that believe !

Unto all and Upon all them that believe !

Rom 3:22

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

This verse does not teach believing to be a condition for the Righteousness of God and or Justification before God, but that it is the evidence of having had the Righteousness of God imputed to them, which may be signifed by the words Unto all / Upon all.

This Righteousness of God, which had been witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, it has been imputed to all whom are believing, whether it be jews or Gentiles, in other words, though it had been witnessed by the OT scriptures and jewish Prophets like Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Daniel, yet it was not to be restricted to jews, but to all whom come to Faith regardless of ethnicity !

beloved57

Who is this blessed one ?

Who is this blessed one ?

Rom 4:8

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

That word blessed makarios means:

I.blessed, happy

8 Blessed and happy and to be envied is the person of whose sin the Lord will take no account nor reckon it against him.AMP

This is a very special blessing from the Lord that very few receive ! Now exactly who is this Blessed one to be envied ? This would apply to everyone Christ died for, and the reason why so is, all their sins and the guilt contracted for them, along with the penalty of them, has been By God imputed to Christ, laid to His charge instead of theirs Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Which same witness is here 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Both of these scriptures correspond to Isa 53:6 !

And this laying their sins on Him, with its guilt and punishment, it irrevocably gives them a full discharge, acquittal,an exoneration even, and in this not any one sin or charge can ever be charged against them.

The laying on to Christ their sins did cover their past, present and future liabilities of condemnation, they cannot come into condemnation at all at anytime Jn 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

And so it cometh to pass for them these words Jer 50:20

20 In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Thats the Language of Non Imputation !

So no sin can ever be charged unto them, thats the Great blessing pronounced upon them of Rom 4:8, and its even more of an blessing when God gives us Faith to believe this Truth of His Grace, that our sins have been imputed to Christ and not us !

Nanja

Rom 4:8

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

That word blessed makarios means:

I.blessed, happy

8 Blessed and happy and to be envied is the person of whose sin the Lord will take no account nor reckon it against him.AMP

This is a very special blessing from the Lord that very few receive ! Now exactly who is this Blessed one to be envied ? This would apply to everyone Christ died for, and the reason why so is, all their sins and the guilt contracted for them, along with the penalty of them, has been By God imputed to Christ, laid to His charge instead of theirs Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Which same witness is here 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Both of these scriptures correspond to Isa 53:6 !

And this laying their sins on Him, with its guilt and punishment, it irrevocably gives them a full discharge, acquittal,an exoneration even, and in this not any one sin or charge can ever be charged against them.

The laying on to Christ their sins did cover their past, present and future liabilities of condemnation, they cannot come into condemnation at all at anytime Jn 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

And so it cometh to pass for them these words Jer 50:20

20 In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Thats the Language of Non Imputation !

So no sin can ever be charged unto them, thats the Great blessing pronounced upon them of Rom 4:8, and its even more of an blessing when God gives us Faith to believe this Truth of His Grace, that our sins have been imputed to Christ and not us !

Amen, and for all whom Christ died, it is certain they will be gifted with
such Precious Faith...they shall come to have it!

OT verses such as Isaiah 53:6, Jeremiah 50:20, and also:

Psalm 32:1-2 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

do declare this Truth of non-imputation of sin. This was known to OT Saints even before Christ was Incarnated,
for they were chosen in Him before the foundation; they were also of The Seed Christ shall see Is. 53:10 KJV.

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me
with the garments of salvation
, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Thank God for the Death and Blood of Christ Jesus!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen, and for all whom Christ died, it is certain they will be gifted with
such Precious Faith...they shall come to have it!

OT verses such as Isaiah 53:6, Jeremiah 50:20, and also:

do declare this Truth of non-imputation of sin. This was known to OT Saints even before Christ was Incarnated,
for they were chosen in Him before the foundation; they were also of The Seed Christ shall see Is. 53:10 KJV.

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me
with the garments of salvation
, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Thank God for the Death and Blood of Christ Jesus!

~~~~~

Amen, Thanks !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

Mercy Upon All !2

Mercy Upon All !2

Mercy equals Salvation ! Sometimes in scripture, a term means more than its mere mention may indicate, like for instance the Term Mercy, in particular in these instances Rom 9:15-16,23

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Rom 11:30-32

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Here in these places the term or word mercy denotes the whole of Salvation in purpose and application.

Its the Mercy of the Everlasting Covenant that David was privy to know of and experience 2 Sam 23:5

5 Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

Ps 103:17

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

This Mercy which is from Everlasting, must be that designed for the Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore[from everlasting] prepared unto glory,

Hence their fear of God that was wrought in them in time, did find its beginning cause from everlasting. The word for mercy in Ps 103:17 is the hebrew word checed:

I.goodness, kindness, faithfulness

Its Translated Covenant Loyalty in Ps 89:1-2

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

Mercy is Promised to always be unto the royal seed Ps 18:50

50 Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.

beloved57

What about the publican ? Before or After ?

What about the publican ? Before or After ?

The publican in the narrative of Lk 18:9-14

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Vs 14 tells us that he went down to his house Justified, that word means:

I.
to render righteous or such he ought to be

II.
to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

III.
to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

It also means being freed as here Rom 6:7

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

So he went down to his house Justified rather than the other ! Was this publican therefore Justified before God before he went to the temple to pray as indicated in Vs 13 ? Lk 18:10,13

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Or was he Justified before God only after his doings of Vs 13 ?

beloved57

What about the publican ? Before or After ? 2

What about the publican ? Before or After ? 2

Again the word Justified means:

I.
to render righteous or such he ought to be

II.
to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

III.
to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

Now the word is in the perfect tense, meaning he was Justified in time past, once and for all, with effects of it into the present : So the publican was already Justified before going to the temple to pray, but because he was Justified already by another [Christ's obedience] he was caused to see and feel his need for mercy; For he exhibited what is called Godly sorrow 2 Cor 7:9-10

9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.

10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

So what I am pointing out, all whom are Justified by the merit of Christ death, He being their Saviour, by that He gives them repentance to Salvation Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Folks, Christ is not a Saviour to anyone He does not give repentance to Salvation 2 Cor 7:10

10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Which wrought s in them godly sorrow, and a humbling before God ! Jn 3:21

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

beloved57

The Vessels of Mercy !

The Vessels of Mercy !

Rom 9:23-24

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us [vessels of mercy], whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Vessels of Mercy were not restricted to just jews, but included Gentiles ! Also the Vessels of Mercy are synonymous with the Election of Grace !

Now the Vessels of Mercy are those from Everlasting whom God designed them for Mercy Ps 103:17

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Most overlook that phrase from, as from Everlasting, and only certain objects were in view, those who in time come to Fear God !

And in accordance with that purpose of Mercy from Everlasting, they are saved by a Spiritual Renewing Titus 3:5

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

And that prepares them for that Mercy of Eternal Life Jude 1:21

Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Folks, being able to enter into life eternal is a Mercy from God !

Now according to their saving mercy in Titus 3:5, this saving mercy was determined before the world began, and thats how they come to in time fear Him Ps 103:17

For fearing God is not by nature Rom 3:18

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes. In fact that was true of even Adam and Eve in the beginning !

For fearing God comes from being given New Birth and with that a Heart to Fear Him Jer 32:39

39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

With that Heart we will not depart His ways as we did in Adam Jer 32:40

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

If Adam had that fear in his heart, he would not have departed from God, so evidently he did not fear God in the beginning when it was said of him, very good ! But he was an Vessel of Mercy !

beloved57

He that believeth shall be saved !

He that believeth shall be saved !

Mk 16:16

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

When it says "He that believeth shall be saved " or Acts 2:21

that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

or Rom 10:13

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

What this means, is that those who shall be believing or calling on the name of the Lord, they shall be in a saved state ! This is true because a a person in a lost state cannot believe 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

To be Lost means to be condemned, of which Jesus said if they believe not they shall be condemned Mk 16:16

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

That word damned also means condemned. So the evidence of being in a saved state is believing and being baptized, but the evidence of being in a condemned or damned state is refusal to believe the Gospel, because its being hidden from them ! God hides the Gospel to the Lost, because its only to be Good News to the saved, makes sense !

BTW Rom 10:13 one cannot call upon the name of the Lord unless they have believed, so says Rom 10:14

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

And we must be saved in order to believe, confirming that those calling on the Lord in Rom 10:13 must have been in a saved state already in order to do that !

beloved57

What hath abounded to many ?

What hath abounded to many ?

Rom 5:15,18

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Blessed be the Lord God for His most blessed Truth, for here we have a sure effect of the death of Christ ; Now here in antithesis , contrast to the offence of one, that being Adam, many be dead or died, Yet by and through the actions of Jesus Christ, doeth abound towards the many, the Grace of God, and the Gift by Grace, which be the Gift of Righteousness, by the Grace of God, and also to the opposite of the many being made dead, the many shall be made alive, or simply, Justification of Life Vs 18; and all of this is a free Gift applied to them; It was just like being made dead was applied to them the many. Now who shall dare deny this Truth. The Free Gift of Rom 5:15 is the Gift of Righteousness imputed/applied to their account, which it states clearly in Vs 17:

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ )