MATTHEW 3:10

DougE

Matthew 3:10 KJV - And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Israel had to be fruitful to enter the kingdom on earth, to be a priesthood and reign with Christ on earth.

Jesus spoke similar language to Israel:

Matthew 7:19-20 KJV - Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Israel, not us, would recognize a believer from an unbelieving Jew by their fruit.

Bradley D

And their lives.

"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?" (Matthew 7:16).

OZOS

And their lives.

"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?" (Matthew 7:16).
Nope. You made that up. Read the whole chapter. Jesus is admonishing people JUST LIKE YOU who judge others based on what they do, rather than what they believe. False prophets (you) are known by what they SAY out of their mouths. Their "fruit" is exposed by their words. In fact, Jesus goes on to say that those who boast in their works, He will declare that He does not know them. This should concern you, since you think it is what people do, rather than what they BELIEVE.

Bradley D

Faith and Deeds

"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

"But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead" (James 2:14-26)

OZOS

Faith and Deeds

"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead" (James 2:14-26)
Read verse 1 chapter 1

"James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings." James 1:1

"You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone." - James

"For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law." - Paul

"Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?" - James

"For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God." - Paul

"But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?" - James

"For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham BELIEVED God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” - Paul

Right Divider

Body part
Faith and Deeds

CONTEXT my man.... CONTEXT!
Jas 1:1 KJV James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
These are the people that James was writing to...
Act 11:19 KJV Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.
Notice that the people that James is writing to are NOT going to gentiles.

This is James speaking to Paul in Acts.
Act 21:17-21 KJV And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. (18) And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. (19) And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. (20) And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: (21) And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.
Why can't you follow what the Bible shows?

Right Divider

Body part
I believe James epistle is good for all Christians.
Only if you understand it in its context. Which, apparently, you don't.
Rahab was not of the twelve tribes.
Completely irrelevant.

Bradley D, I've noticed that you never address the CONTENT of what I write to you. You always try to deflect and go with tradition of some sort. Perhaps you should actually accept the Bible as written.

marke

Matthew 3:10 KJV - And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Israel had to be fruitful to enter the kingdom on earth, to be a priesthood and reign with Christ on earth.

Jesus spoke similar language to Israel:

Matthew 7:19-20 KJV - Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Israel, not us, would recognize a believer from an unbelieving Jew by their fruit.
Modern Christians should give diligence to make their calling and election sure,
[2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:]

Lest they discover too late that their religion was a fake.
1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Right Divider

Body part
Modern Christians should give diligence to make their calling and election sure,
[2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:]
This is what happens when you take your doctrine from the wrong place.

Do you also have YOUR conversation honest among the Gentiles?
1Pe 2:11-12 KJV Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
Who are these "strangers and pilgrims"?
1Pe 1:1 KJV Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
They are the SAME people that James writes to:
Jas 1:1 KJV James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

marke

This is what happens when you take your doctrine from the wrong place.

Do you also have YOUR conversation honest among the Gentiles?

Who are these "strangers and pilgrims"?

They are the SAME people that James writes to:
James was writing to Christians scattered abroad, both those who were once unsaved Jews and those who were once unsaved Gentiles.

James 5:14
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Right Divider

Body part
James was writing to Christians scattered abroad, both those who were once unsaved Jews and those who were once unsaved Gentiles.
That's NOT what the Bible says.
James is writing to the TWELVE TRIBES.

Why is so hard for you to understand something so simple?

The TWELVE TRIBES are the NATION OF ISRAEL.
James 5:14
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
This proved nothing related to your theory.

Are you unaware of the agreement between the James (Peter and John) and Paul?
Gal 2:9 KJV And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

marke

That's NOT what the Bible says.

James is writing to the TWELVE TRIBES.

Why is so hard for you to understand something so simple?

The TWELVE TRIBES are the NATION OF ISRAEL.

This proved nothing related to your theory.

Are you unaware of the agreement between the James (Peter and John) and Paul?
No, God turned away from the Jews and turned toward the Gentiles after the Church was born. Paul was writing to the Christians who were converted from the Jewish religion.

Acts 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

Romans 11:11
I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Right Divider

Body part
No, God turned away from the Jews and turned toward the Gentiles after the Church was born.
God did NOT "turn away" from the believing remnant of Israel. They remained and THAT is who James and Peter are writing to.
Paul was writing to the Christians who were converted from the Jewish religion.
Paul was NOT writing to the believing remnant of Israel.
Acts 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
Paul was speaking to UNBELIEVING Israelites in Acts 13:46.
Act 13:45 KJV But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.
Romans 11:11
I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Paul is speaking about the nation of Israel AS A WHOLE. Paul is NOT talking about the believing REMNANT of ISRAEL.

It's really sad that your mind is blinded to the truth.

marke

God did NOT "turn away" from the believing remnant of Israel. They remained and THAT is who James and Peter are writing to.

Paul was NOT writing to the believing remnant of Israel.

Paul was speaking to UNBELIEVING Israelites in Acts 13:46.
How does the Bible differentiate between Jews who become Christians and Gentiles who become Christians? Are you saying they are not mingled in the Church age?

Right Divider

Body part
How does the Bible differentiate between Jews who become Christians and Gentiles who become Christians?
In the body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek.

God did not and does not change a persons calling. The nation of Israel will be restored. Their calling is still valid even though God had a mystery (the body of Christ) that has intervened during the present time.

When James writes to the TWELVE TRIBES... it really means what it says.
When Peter writes to those same people... is really means what it says.
Are you saying they are not mingled in the Church age?
There is no such thing as "the Church age". God has dispensations and He does NOT change that for those called under those dispensations. This is why we read this:
Act 21:17-21 KJV And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. (18) And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. (19) And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. (20) And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: (21) And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.
The believing Jews remained under the law. There is no indication, from scripture, that there was anything wrong with that. That was THEIR calling as "the twelve tribes". As a matter of fact, Jesus told the twelve apostles (eleven at the time) to teach Jews in all nations to keep the law:
Mat 28:19-20 KJV Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
We can see some of the "all things whatsoever I have commanded you" here:
Mat 23:1-3 KJV Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, (2) Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: (3) All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
"Moses' seat" here refers to THE LAW (i.e., the law of Moses).

marke

In the body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek.

God did not and does not change a persons calling. The nation of Israel will be restored. Their calling is still valid even though God had a mystery (the body of Christ) that has intervened during the present time.

When James writes to the TWELVE TRIBES... it really means what it says.
When Peter writes to those same people... is really means what it says.

There is no such thing as "the Church age". God has dispensations and He does NOT change that for those called under those dispensations. This is why we read this:

The believing Jews remained under the law. There is no indication, from scripture, that there was anything wrong with that. That was THEIR calling as "the twelve tribes". As a matter of fact, Jesus told the twelve apostles (eleven at the time) to teach Jews in all nations to keep the law:

We can see some of the "all things whatsoever I have commanded you" here:

"Moses' seat" here refers to THE LAW (i.e., the law of Moses).
We are currently in the Church Age in which God is falling out a people from all nations to believe in Jesus and be saved. After the church age is ended at the rapture God will turn again specifically to the Jews, to fulfill the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy.

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Daniel 9:23-25
King James Version

23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Right Divider

Body part
We are currently in the Church Age in which God is falling out a people from all nations to believe in Jesus and be saved.
There is no such thing as "the Church Age" (no matter how many time you repeat that nonsense).
After the church age is ended at the rapture God will turn again specifically to the Jews, to fulfill the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy.
When this dispensation is over, God will resume what He was doing with and through the nation of Israel per prophecy.
Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Yep... once this DISPENSATION of God's grace is over... believing Israel will have their kingdom on earth restored.
Daniel 9:23-25
King James Version
23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Rom 11:1-7 KJV I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. (2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, (3) Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. (4) But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. (5) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (7) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:11-15 KJV I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (12) Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? (13) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: (14) If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. (15) For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

marke

There is no such thing as "the Church Age" (no matter how many time you repeat that nonsense).

When this dispensation is over, God will resume what He was doing with and through the nation of Israel per prophecy.

Yep... once this DISPENSATION of God's grace is over... believing Israel will have their kingdom on earth restored.

We read in Daniel's prophecy that Messiah will be cut off after 69 weeks, which is exactly what happened. We then read about the seventieth week during which the antichrist will reveal himself. These seventy weeks are for Israel, not the church, and the seventieth week is still on hold while God calls out a people from among all nations, including Gentiles.