Marks of a true christian!

clefty

Rom 10:9 What are the marks of a true Christian?

Going to church, giving to charities, loving your neighbour according to the law, being a good citizen or a nice person or anything anyone may claim makes them christian.

God says a true christian confesses 'Jesus is Lord',and believes from their heart that God raised him from the dead.

Anyone who does not believe God raised Jesus from the dead is not a Christian , is not saved, is definitely not going to heaven.

If you believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead then you will confess, 'Jesus is Lord'!

Satan believes with all his heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and confesses Jesus is Lord...(is why he tried to tempt Him and still attacks those who follow Him His way)

So is he considered a Christian too?

BoyStan

How can you think such a thought or even ask such a question? May God grant you repentance to acknowledge the truth of Rom 10:8-11.

marhig

Rom 10:9 What are the marks of a true Christian?

Going to church, giving to charities, loving your neighbour according to the law, being a good citizen or a nice person or anything anyone may claim makes them christian.

God says a true christian confesses 'Jesus is Lord',and believes from their heart that God raised him from the dead.

Anyone who does not believe God raised Jesus from the dead is not a Christian , is not saved, is definitely not going to heaven.

If you believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead then you will confess, 'Jesus is Lord'!
Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Saying we believe isn't enough, neither is calling Christ Jesus Lord. Those who truly follow Jesus and belong to Christ are those who live by the will of the father. Many believe that Jesus is Lord and put their flesh before him. Lip service is no service, true love is love in action. Those who truly love God and Christ will be living it out and they will be starting to overcome their flesh through Christ by the power of the Spirit, and the life of Christ will be seen through them and in their lives, and they will be producing the fruit of the Spirit putting the living God first in their lives.

clefty

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Saying we believe isn't enough, neither is calling Christ Jesus Lord. Those who truly follow Jesus and belong to Christ are those who live by the will of the father. Many believe that Jesus is Lord and put their flesh before him. Lip service is no service, true love is love in action. Those who truly love God and Christ will be living it out and they will be starting to overcome their flesh through Christ by the power of the Spirit, and the life of Christ will be seen through them and in their lives, and they will be producing the fruit of the Spirit putting the living God first in their lives.

HalleluYah...your encouragement is much appreciated...

The irony that we must fully die to ourselves to truly know we weren’t even alive...may His Way be our way

clefty

How can you think such a thought or even ask such a question?
form knowing that even pagans claim love for each other...but then I experience His love which is a (new) world apart from anything here...

Satan was there...he knows and believes He is the messiah...but there remains yet Work for us to do which Satan refuses to do and wishes to corrupt and counterfeit to keep us from following Him HiS way...these “another gospels” are cheating many from their reward...saved yes...but not making it to the promise land...

May God grant you repentance to acknowledge the truth of Rom 10:8-11.

“For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation”

The heart is conviction and passion to do...the heart believes unto is like being committed to...its not a one time deal...you declare “I do” but because you already love and your “I do” is only the new beginning of a daily commitment of what your mouth confessed...a choice from intellect and free will

So in this case commitment to be faithful to a choice to be married

Just like wanting to do right because of who you chose to love (your Saviour)

marhig

HalleluYah...your encouragement is much appreciated...

The irony that we must fully die to ourselves to truly know we weren’t even alive...may His Way be our way

Exactly!!! :) once we start dying to self we realise that although we thought we were alive when we were in the flesh, we realise that we were dead in God. And now when we die to our self, we are alive in God and we start to know him in our hearts and as Gods love grows, then this world will start meaning less and less to us, and we will care for others more and more. We won't know God if we put our flesh and this world before him.

And yes, may his way be our way :thumb: