Making peace... among the highest of our duties.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 14:26 NKJV - How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Devarim - Deuteronomy - Chapter 6
Verses 4-9

:ד שְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יהוה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יהוה | אֶחָֽד
:ה וְאָ֣הַבְתָּ֔ אֵ֖ת יהוה אֱלֹהֶ֑יךָ בְּכָל־לְבָֽבְךָ֥ וּבְכָל־נַפְשְׁךָ֖ וּבְכָל־מְאֹדֶֽךָ
:ו וְהָי֞וּ הַדְּבָרִ֣ים הָאֵ֗לֶּה אֲשֶׁ֨ר אָֽנֹכִ֧י מְצַוְּךָ֛ הַיּ֖וֹם עַל־לְבָבֶֽךָ
:ז וְשִׁנַּנְתָּ֣ם לְבָנֶ֔יךָ וְדִבַּרְתָּ֖ בָּ֑ם בְּשִׁבְתְּךָ֤ בְּבֵיתֶ֨ךָ֙ וּבְלֶכְתְּךָ֣ בַדֶּ֔רֶךְ וּבְשָׁכְבְּךָ֖ וּבְקוּמֶֽךָ
:ח וּקְשַׁרְתָּ֥ם לְא֖וֹת עַל־יָדֶ֑ךָ וְהָי֥וּ לְטֹֽטָפֹ֖ת בֵּ֥ין עֵינֶֽיךָ
:ט וּכְתַבְתָּ֛ם עַל־מְזֻז֥וֹת בֵּיתֶ֖ךָ וּבִשְׁעָרֶֽיךָ

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one.
5 And you shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all your means.
6 And these words, which I command you this day, shall be upon your heart.
7 And you shall teach them to your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk on the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up.
8 And you shall bind them for a sign upon your hand, and they shall be for ornaments between your eyes.
9 And you shall inscribe them upon the doorposts of your house and upon your gates.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 121
1 A song for ascents. I shall raise my eyes to the mountains, from where will my help come?
2 My help is from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not allow your foot to falter; Your Guardian will not slumber.
4 Behold the Guardian of Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is your Guardian; the Lord is your shadow; [He is] by your right hand.
6 By day, the sun will not smite you, nor will the moon at night.
7 The Lord will guard you from all evil; He will guard your soul.
8 The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from now and to eternity.

Psalm 121
King James Bible
I Will Lift Up My Eyes to the Hills

1 {A Song of degrees.} I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 8:31-39 NKJV - 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God [is] for us, who [can be] against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? [It is] God who justifies. 34 Who [is] he who condemns? [It is] Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [Shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yirmiyahu - Jeremiah - Chapter 31
Verse 30

30 Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant. ל הִנֵּ֛ה יָמִ֥ים בָּאִ֖ים נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה וְכָֽרַתִּ֗י אֶת־בֵּ֧ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל
:וְאֶת־בֵּ֥ית יְהוּדָ֖ה בְּרִ֥ית חֲדָשָֽׁה
31 Not like the covenant that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord. לא לֹ֣א כַבְּרִ֗ית אֲשֶׁ֚ר כָּרַ֙תִּי֙ אֶת־אֲבוֹתָ֔ם בְּיוֹם֙ הֶֽחֱזִיקִ֣י בְיָדָ֔ם לְהֽוֹצִיאָ֖ם מֵאֶ֖רֶץ מִצְרָ֑יִם
:אֲשֶׁר־הֵ֜מָּה הֵפֵ֣רוּ אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֗י וְאָֽנֹכִ֛י בָּעַ֥לְתִּי בָ֖ם נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה
32 For this is the covenant that I will form with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will place My law in their midst and I will inscribe it upon their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people. לב כִּ֣י זֹ֣את הַבְּרִ֡ית אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶכְרֹת֩ אֶת־בֵּ֨ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֜ל אַֽחֲרֵ֨י הַיָּמִ֚ים
:הָהֵם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה נָתַ֚תִּי אֶת־תּֽוֹרָתִי֙ בְּקִרְבָּ֔ם וְעַל־לִבָּ֖ם אֶכְתֳּבֶ֑נָּה וְהָיִ֚יתִי לָהֶם֙ לֵֽאלֹהִ֔ים וְהֵ֖מָּה יִֽהְיוּ־לִ֥י לְעָֽם
33 And no longer shall one teach his neighbor or [shall] one [teach] his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Me from their smallest to their greatest, says the Lord, for I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will no longer remember. לג וְלֹ֧א יְלַמְּד֣וּ ע֗וֹד אִ֣ישׁ אֶת־רֵעֵ֜הוּ וְאִ֚ישׁ אֶת־אָחִיו֙ לֵאמֹ֔ר דְּע֖וּ אֶת־יְהֹוָ֑ה כִּֽי־כוּלָּם֩ יֵֽדְע֨וּ אוֹתִ֜י לְמִקְּטַנָּ֚ם וְעַד־גְּדוֹלָם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה כִּ֚י אֶסְלַח֙
:לַֽעֲו*ֹנָ֔ם וּלְחַטָּאתָ֖ם לֹ֥א אֶזְכָּר־עֽוֹד
34 So said the Lord, Who gives the sun to illuminate by day, the laws of the moon and the stars to illuminate at night, Who stirs up the sea and its waves roar, the Lord of Hosts is His name. :לד כֹּ֣ה | אָמַ֣ר יְהֹוָ֗ה נֹתֵ֥ן שֶׁ֙מֶשׁ֙ לְא֣וֹר יוֹמָ֔ם חֻקֹּ֛ת יָרֵ֥חַ וְכֽוֹכָבִ֖ים לְא֣וֹר לָ֑יְלָה רֹגַ֚ע הַיָּם֙ וַיֶּֽהֱמ֣וּ גַלָּ֔יו יְהֹוָ֥ה צְבָא֖וֹת שְׁמֽוֹ
35 If these laws depart from before Me, says the Lord, so will the seed of Israel cease being a nation before Me for all time. לה אִם־יָמֻ֜שׁוּ הַֽחֻקִּ֥ים הָאֵ֛לֶּה מִלְּפָנַ֖י נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה גַּם֩ זֶ֨רַע יִשְׂרָאֵ֜ל יִשְׁבְּת֗וּ
:מִֽהְי֥וֹת גּ֛וֹי לְפָנַ֖י כָּל־הַיָּמִֽים

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 121
1 A song for ascents. I shall raise my eyes to the mountains, from where will my help come?
2 My help is from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not allow your foot to falter; Your Guardian will not slumber.
4 Behold the Guardian of Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is your Guardian; the Lord is your shadow; [He is] by your right hand.
6 By day, the sun will not smite you, nor will the moon at night.
7 The Lord will guard you from all evil; He will guard your soul.
8 The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from now and to eternity.

Psalm 121
King James Bible
I Will Lift Up My Eyes to the Hills

1 {A Song of degrees.} I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Tehillim Psalm 121:4

Hineh Lo Yanum Shual Schoppelrei

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 5:22-23 NASB - 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 5:22-23 NASB - 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Galatians 5:22-23 NKJV - 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Ephesians 5:9 NKJV - 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Timothy 2:12 KJV - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
2 Timothy 1:1-14 NASB - 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus, 2 To Timothy, my beloved son: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 3 I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day, 4 longing to see you, even as I recall your tears, so that I may be filled with joy. 5 For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. 6 For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. 8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity, 10 but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 11 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle and a teacher. 12 For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day. 13 Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 14 Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.

2 Timothy 3:14-17 NASB - 14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

beameup

1 Corinthians 11:4-12 KJV -
Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. [prostitute]
For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her [head] be covered.
For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
For this cause ought the woman to have power [control over] on her head because of the angels.
For as the woman [is] of the man, even so [is] the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

You are getting into Greek-Roman culture with the hair of a woman, not Hebrew culture. This is very confusing unless you understand the ancient Greek-Roman view of the role of a woman's long hair. Hint: it had to do with fertility.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are getting into Greek-Roman culture with the hair of a woman, not Hebrew culture. This is very confusing unless you understand the ancient Greek-Roman view of the role of a woman's long hair. Hint: it had to do with fertility.

I am not sure about that but thank you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

1 Corinthians 14:26 NKJV - How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

I am not sure about that but thank you.

Are you aware of the commandment that there is only one God? Are you aware of the commandment against idols, idolatry? What you are talking about sounds like something you should stay away from. I didn't see it in the text. If anything of what you said is true, I am sorry that it is here now or that you felt the need to post it but now it needs to be addressed. We needn't have mentioned it here. Do you want me to post commandments against idolatry or false gods? You said fertility. I usually don't use that word. I feel like your post was defile the Jew and defile the thread. I want to extend grace to you but I cannot at the expense of God's commandments. So what do you want to do from here? You post about God's commandments against what you are talking about? Or, I do. Or we talk about it elsewhere or by private message. Let me know by reply here, and we can then proceed.

1 Corinthians 14:26 NASB - 26 What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You won't find that in Hebrew.
The predominant culture of the 1st century was Graeco-Roman.
Michael Heiser is a Biblical scholar:

I am listening to and watching the video that you have provided. I am a Torah Observant Jew. I wear a kippah during Jewish Liturgy and I have worn it in a couple of churches including prayer. I grew up Plymouth Brethren. With Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc... there are differences with head coverings, specifically for women. You may learn about the Levites. A person might use the word hat. It is important to gain a right understanding, and I don't understand all things.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You won't find that in Hebrew.
The predominant culture of the 1st century was Graeco-Roman.
Michael Heiser is a Biblical scholar:

I am listening to and watching the video that you have provided. I am a Torah Observant Jew. I wear a kippah during Jewish Liturgy and I have worn it in a couple of churches including prayer. I grew up Plymouth Brethren. With Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc... there are differences with head coverings, specifically for women. You may learn about the Levites. A person might use the word hat. It is important to gain a right understanding, and I don't understand all things.

Unfortunately I went as far as 16:20 in the video you provided.
Are you familiar with the 613 Commandments?
Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 20
Verse 3

:ג לֹ֣א יִֽהְיֶ֣ה־לְךָ֩ אֱלֹהִ֨ים אֲחֵרִ֜ים עַל־פָּנַ֗י
which is or that is
3 You shall not have the gods of others in My presence.

beameup

Unfortunately I went as far as 16:20 in the video you provided.
Are you familiar with the 613 Commandments?
Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 20
Verse 3

:ג לֹ֣א יִֽהְיֶ֣ה־לְךָ֩ אֱלֹהִ֨ים אֲחֵרִ֜ים עַל־פָּנַ֗י
which is or that is
3 You shall not have the gods of others in My presence.
You are the one who posted from 1 Corinthians 11, I just responded.
It seems that it would be difficult to establish a relationship
with a woman if you are forbidden to even talk to a woman.

Anyway, the man-woman relationship is introduced in Genesis.
I consider understanding that (mysterious) relationship to be
of great importance. I have just met a lady that I'm very
certain the LORD brought us together. No "touching" allowed,
but we talk a lot. Lots of LOVE being generated between us.
It is giving me an "insight" into God's view of us believers.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are the one who posted from 1 Corinthians 11, I just responded.
It seems that it would be difficult to establish a relationship
with a woman if you are forbidden to even talk to a woman.

Anyway, the man-woman relationship is introduced in Genesis.
I consider understanding that (mysterious) relationship to be
of great importance. I have just met a lady that I'm very
certain the LORD brought us together. No "touching" allowed,
but we talk a lot. Lots of LOVE being generated between us.
It is giving me an "insight" into God's view of us believers.

How things are supposed to be is different from the evils outside of Israel and the Church in the world. We aren't supposed to bring any of that into God's presence. Of what I posted in the post that has quotes from 1 Corinthians 11 I did post the following, else omitted.
1 Corinthians 11:3 KJV - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

1 Corinthians 11:7 KJV - For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

1 Corinthians 11:8 KJV - For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.

1 Corinthians 11:9 KJV - Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

1 Corinthians 11:11 KJV - Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:12 KJV - For as the woman [is] of the man, even so [is] the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
Peter wrote the following.

1 Peter 4:17 NKJV - 17 For the time [has come] for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if [it begins] with us first, what will [be] the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

In or from the Torah we find the following.

Deuteronomy 17:1-7 NASB - 1 "You shall not sacrifice to the LORD your God an ox or a sheep which has a blemish or any defect, for that is a detestable thing to the LORD your God. 2 "If there is found in your midst, in any of your towns, which the LORD your God is giving you, a man or a woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, by transgressing His covenant, 3 and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the heavenly host, which I have not commanded, 4 and if it is told you and you have heard of it, then you shall inquire thoroughly. Behold, if it is true and the thing certain that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, 5 then you shall bring out that man or that woman who has done this evil deed to your gates, that is, the man or the woman, and you shall stone them to death. 6 "On the evidence of two witnesses or three witnesses, he who is to die shall be put to death; he shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness. 7 "The hand of the witnesses shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

The Apostle Paul wrote the following.

1 Timothy 1:1-20 NASB - 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope, 2 To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 3 As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, 4 nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. 5 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, 7 wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. 8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted. 12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service, 13 even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief; 14 and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. 15 It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. 16 Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. 18 This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight, 19 keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith. 20 Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme.

He also wrote the following.

1 Corinthians 5:1-13 NASB - 1 It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father's wife. 2 You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst. 3 For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough? 7 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10 I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

beameup

How things are supposed to be is different from the evils outside of Israel and the Church in the world. We aren't supposed to bring any of that into God's presence.

With PATIENCE guided by the HOLY SPIRIT, love can be found. And it is wonderful, even joyous.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Ephesians 5:31-32