Lost sheep

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Lost Sheep[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 53:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We all, like sheep, have gone astray,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 119:176[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have strayed like a lost sheep.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 50:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 10:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 15:24[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 10:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Acts 15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11 We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
12 [FONT=&quot]The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]13[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]14[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Simonhas described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]15[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
16[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“‘After this I will return[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
[/FONT]17[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
says the Lord, who does these things’
[/FONT]18[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]things known from long ago.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Honor His Name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Honorable Mention[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]where is the honor due me?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So what are your thoughts about this?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and
if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says [the LORD / Yahwah Almighty], “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Something to think about.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Origen reported that when Jews read the name Yahwah, they would pronounce it Adonai, while non Jews would pronounce it Kurios.

Later on, Christian scribes replaced the Hebrew characters in the Greek Bible with Kurios. Scribes translating the Hebrew Bible showed that Yahwah should not be pronounced, but read as Adonai by substituting the Hebrew vowels of Adonai for those of Yahwah when writing the divine name. Later on, readers who did not know this history did not pronounce Yahwah; but neither did they pronounce Adonai, as the scribes intended.

As a result the Middle Ages readers of the Hebrew Bible began pronouncing precisely what was written, and the mixture of consonants from Yahwah and vowels from Adonai, producing the pronunciation of Jehovah, a word that never existed for speakers of ancient Hebrew.

The word "Jehovah" comes from the fact that ancient Jewish texts used to put the vowels of the Name "Adonai" (the usual substitute for YHWH) with the consonants of YHWH to remind people not to pronounce YHWH as written.

A sixteenth century German Christian scribe, while transliterating the Bible into Latin for the Pope, wrote the Name out as it appeared in his texts, with the consonants of YHWH and the vowels of Adonai, and came up with the word JeHoVah.

In Hebrew the word Jahovah can be interpretated as "God's destructive evil desires."

The editors of the Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon write that the pronunciation "Jehovah" was unknown until 1520 when it was introduced by Galatinus; Pietro Colonna Galatino (1460–1530), also known as Petrus Galatinus.

Commentary in the Oxford English Dictionary concerning the letter J. Quote: "The J j types are not used in the Bible of 1611...."[/FONT]

CherubRam

Elohim means Almighty.

Actually the verses say "Yahwah of Host." Elohiym does not mean Almighty. Used as an INTERPRETATION: divine (1), divine being (1), exceedingly (1), God (2326), god (45), God's (14), goddess (2), godly (1), gods (204), great (2), judges (3), mighty (2), rulers (1), shrine* (1).

Truster

Actually the verses say "Yahwah of Host." Elohiym does not mean Almighty. Used as an INTERPRETATION: divine (1), divine being (1), exceedingly (1), God (2326), god (45), God's (14), goddess (2), godly (1), gods (204), great (2), judges (3), mighty (2), rulers (1), shrine* (1).

WHATEVER...

Truster

I have noticed that the translators are kind of carefree at times. Nothing like adding to everyone's frustration, right?

The fact of the matter is so simple that even a babe in Messiah gets it, but you are not in nor of Messiah and although you seem to enjoy posting scripture you have no comprehension of meanings. Apart from what you Google.

CherubRam

The fact of the matter is so simple that even a babe in Messiah gets it, but you are not in nor of Messiah and although you seem to enjoy posting scripture you have no comprehension of meanings. Apart from what you Google.
Good morning to you also. Have a nice day.

Interplanner

Cherub,
when you do a post, you should state a point, a proposition. You gave 5-6 passages and they go many directions, because they themselves have many propositions. Narrow down to one and say something about it.

CherubRam

Cherub,
when you do a post, you should state a point, a proposition. You gave 5-6 passages and they go many directions, because they themselves have many propositions. Narrow down to one and say something about it.
I try to make things as simple as I can. That is the reason for the highlights and bold text. And at times I leave some commentary. If people have a question they should ask.

CherubRam

Yahwah is the correct spelling in modern English for God's personal name. It is originally from the Aramaic and not Hebrew. The name Yahweh with an e vowel is not correct, and it causes God's name to be mispronounced. Yahweh is pronounced Yahwey which is wrong. Originally the letters of His name were YHUH in Hebrew, and IHUH in Greek. Note History of the letter u ultimately comes from the Phoenician letter Waw by way of the letter y. ... The first recorded use of 'u' and 'v' as distinct letters is in a Gothic alphabet from 1386, where 'v' preceded 'u'. Ancient Hebrew did not have an e vowel. Additionally the letter U in God's name has a double UU sound, and that is why it is assigned the letter W.

CherubRam

The purpose of this thread is to show the use of the words (Lost Sheep) and (Sheep) being used as a parable. Many words used in the bible are used in a parabolic way.

ttruscott

Lost Sheep

Isaiah 53:6
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Since we are born sinners, liable to judgement if we don't repent, then...just when did we choose to turn our own way?

1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray: but are now RETURNED unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
Written to every new convert, how can they be said to RETURN to their Saviour if they were created / born as sinful unless they were apostate sometime previously...??? New converts can't be apostate, so when did they leave the Shepherd and Bishop of their souls? Only by being in His flock pre-earth and choosing to go astray into sin before being born and then, at the time of their rebirth, they are returned to their Saviour.

CherubRam

Since we are born sinners, liable to judgement if we don't repent, then...just when did we choose to turn our own way?

1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray: but are now RETURNED unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
Written to every new convert, how can they be said to RETURN to their Saviour if they were created / born as sinful unless they were apostate sometime previously...??? New converts can't be apostate, so when did they leave the Shepherd and Bishop of their souls? Only by being in His flock pre-earth and choosing to go astray into sin before being born and then, at the time of their rebirth, they are returned to their Saviour.

Some people come to the faith and later fall away, only to return to the faith at a later date. Maybe.

iamaberean

Yahweh is the God and Father of our Lord Yeshua.

Both of the above are Hebrew names. When translated to Greek we lost the true names. This was done even though it goes against scripture.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ
(G2424)
Ἰησοῦς
Iēsous
ee-ay-sooce'
Of Hebrew origin [H3091]; Jesus (that is, Jehoshua, the name of our Lord)

of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

CherubRam

Yahweh is the God and Father of our Lord Yeshua.

Both of the above are Hebrew names. When translated to Greek we lost the true names. This was done even though it goes against scripture.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ
(G2424)
Ἰησοῦς
Iēsous
ee-ay-sooce'
Of Hebrew origin [H3091]; Jesus (that is, Jehoshua, the name of our Lord)

of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525, when Sir William Tyndale, a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England; invented it. Because Hebrews dropped their 'ayins', to keep from saying God's name, hence we have "y'shua." Also spelled Yeshua, for which we have in Greek, "Iēsous" and "Isus." These are corruptions of the names that begin with "Yah."

Y’shua is Yahshua
After the return from Babylonian captivity the Jews began a practice of not speaking or writing God’s name, or His name in full. It is also known that the Galileans dropped their ayins, so as to not say God’s name. In a theophoric name even the letter yod can stand for the name Yah. Even today we use initial letters to represent a full name. Y’shua is Yahshua. The vowel between the first and last name does not belong, it is a sign for the person to say (Lord) instead of Yahwah or Yahshua.

iamaberean

The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525, when Sir William Tyndale, a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England; invented it. Because Hebrews dropped their 'ayins', to keep from saying God's name, hence we have "y'shua." Also spelled Yeshua, for which we have in Greek, "Iēsous" and "Isus." These are corruptions of the names that begin with "Yah."

Y’shua is Yahshua
After the return from Babylonian captivity the Jews began a practice of not speaking or writing God’s name, or His name in full. It is also known that the Galileans dropped their ayins, so as to not say God’s name. In a theophoric name even the letter yod can stand for the name Yah. Even today we use initial letters to represent a full name. Y’shua is Yahshua. The vowel between the first and last name does not belong, it is a sign for the person to say (Lord) instead of Yahwah or Yahshua.

Jesus, the man, was Hebrew and the name given to him would be Hebrew.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus*(G2424) Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
G2424
Ἰησοῦς
Iēsous
ee-ay-sooce'
Of Hebrew origin [H3091]; Jesus (that is, Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites:

I was, at one time, stationed in Germany and during that time the Germans called me by my given English, name. I feel we should do the same when speaking of our Lord. After all, it is the name by which we must be saved.