Lost Sheep

CherubRam

Lost Sheep

Isaiah 53:6
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Psalm 119:176
I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.

Jeremiah 50:6
“My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place.

Matthew 10:6
Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.

Matthew 15:24
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Acts 15
11 We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”
12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them. 13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14 Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:
16 “‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17 that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,

says the Lord, who does these things’
18 things known from long ago.

Truster

Lost Sheep

Isaiah 53:6
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Psalm 119:176
I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.

Jeremiah 50:6
“My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place.

Matthew 10:6
Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.

Matthew 15:24
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Acts 15
11 We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”
12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them. 13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14 Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:
16 “‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17 that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,

says the Lord, who does these things’
18 things known from long ago.

Definitely the son of squeaky.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Lost Sheep
Yes, the Lord on earth was sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Matthew 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Which has NOTHING to do with us today as the above shows Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV).

Why are you so obsessed with Israel?

CherubRam

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Matthew 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Which has NOTHING to do with us today as the above shows Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV).

The term "Israel" is a large part of the bible.

daqq

The KJV is flat out wrong in Romans 15:8. The Young's Literal Bible also follows the Textus Receptus, (like the KJV) and yet does not render the critical portion of the statement in the same tense:

Romans 15:8 YLT
8. And I say Jesus Christ to have become a ministrant of circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises to the fathers,

Romans 15:8-9 ASV
8. For I say that Christ hath been made a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, that he might confirm the promises given unto the fathers,
9. and that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, Therefore will I give praise unto thee among the Gentiles, And sing unto thy name.

And the second half of the whole reasoning is followed up in verse nine which concerns the Gentiles. You yourself must therefore be circumcised which Paul tells you is of the heart and performed by Messiah, the new minister of the circumcision, (through full immersion into his full TESTIMONY which is Spirit). Otherwise one simply does not understand "the circumcision" and "the uncircumcision" language unless and until the same discontinues seeing such things as only physical and natural when spoken of by Paul in many critical places. There are places where it is physical in meaning but not in all places where Paul speaks in such terms. This is a wrench in the gears, I know, because what it means is that Peter and James have a ministration to those who have been circumcised in heart through the Testimony of Yeshua. But did Paul not warn you to walk according to the Spirit? That is the Spirit of the Testimony of Yeshua which you have just rejected as applying to yourself in your statement.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The KJV is flat out wrong in Romans 15:8.
You are your own final authority and I haven't the time to waste on someone who will not allow the word of God to correct them, but have the audacity to think they have the authority to correct it. You have it backwards. Carry on in your folly, then.

daqq

You are your own final authority and I haven't the time to waste on someone who will not allow the word of God to correct them, but have the audacity to think they have the authority to correct it. You have it backwards. Carry on in your folly, then.

You are simply in denial. I quoted the Young's Literal Bible Translation and the American Standard Version which clearly refute the King James Version and what you said based upon the error. It was not me but those Bible versions that refute the KJV. Should I go get a whole bunch more? Apparently it would be a futile endeavor, since you are clearly in denial, but I also noticed in the mean time that the NKJV default pop-up, (ex. Romans 15:8) also refutes ye olde KJV. :crackup:

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are simply in denial. I quoted the Young's Literal Bible Translation and the American Standard Version which clearly refute the King James Version and what you said based upon the error. It was not me but those Bible versions that refute the KJV. Should I go get a whole bunch more? Apparently it would be a futile endeavor, since you are clearly in denial, but I also noticed in the mean time that the NKJV default pop-up, (ex. Romans 15:8) also refutes ye olde KJV. :crackup:
What is apparent is your denial of who Jesus Christ was sent, as what and why. You can deny it all you want scurrying to (per)versions, but the truth of Matthew 15:24 KJV and Romans 15:8 KJV won't go away because your ears are dull of hearing.

Zeke

The symbolic birth of the two covenants Galatians 4:24-28 "in man" has made a national scandal out of this metaphoric term Israel, a facade with no reality behind it! Once you wrestle with the Spirit Romans seven, IS RA EL most likely represents the trinity in man perfected 1John 4:18.

2Cor 3:6, Romans 2:27-28, Galatians 4:6, yet we know these terms Jew/Gentile are just labels in Paul's teaching bag, seeing he also states that neither are used once one grasp what Christ in you means Galatians 3:28.

daqq

What is apparent is your denial of who Jesus Christ was sent, as what and why. You can deny it all you want scurrying to (per)versions, but the truth of Matthew 15:24 KJV and Romans 15:8 KJV won't go away because your ears are dull of hearing.

I know to whom Messiah Yeshua was sent because I believe what he clearly and emphatically states in every version of Matthew 15:24 which one may get his or her hands on. Therefore if you are not of the lost sheep of the house of Israel then he clearly states that he was not sent to you, period. However, if one has the faith of the Canaanite woman of Tyre from the same passage, then no doubt the same will eventually become grafted into the house of Israel just as she no doubt was grafted into to the Olive Tree of the All Israel of YHWH. Don't you believe Paul? You can do all things through Messiah who strengthens you, (by his TESTIMONY). :)

Interplanner

I meant in the original context in 1st century Israel. They were very strict since Ezra and Nehemiah because of concerns about the guilt of previous ages, but the age of Messiah was not to be like that.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Therefore if you are not of the lost sheep of the house of Israel then he clearly states that he was not sent to you, period.
That's right!
However, if one has the faith of the Canaanite woman of Tyre from the same passage,
That is one HUGE HOWEVER! What you said is not true. For one, you and I are NOT likened to that kind of Gentile nor promised a blessing like she knew she was promised if she went through the proper channel, nor are we promised to enter the kingdom of heaven.

By the time of Paul's writing Israel had fallen and salvation came unto the Gentiles (certain) through their fall. By the time you and I came around, Israel had been cast away for a reason and for a season and Paul was sent to all men to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
then no doubt the same will eventually become grafted into the house of Israel just as she no doubt was grafted into to the Olive Tree of the All Israel of YHWH.
There is no tree standing to be graffed into! Today, believers are filling up a Body! You are either saved and baptized into that one Body or you're still lost.
Don't you believe Paul?
Yes, I believe all scripture and recognize it's not all to me or about me, but it's all for me.

Last edited:

daqq

Dear Heir of Grosnick:

Neg-rep from you to me: pos-rep from me to you!

Loser sign from you to me in your neg-reps, :loser:

Happy face from me to you, :)

Because no one can steal my joy in Messiah and the joy of truly understanding what makes the Father pleased with all of His sons, (who are in Messiah Yeshua only because they are in his TESTIMONY through faithfulness). :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's right!That is one HUGE HOWEVER! What you said is not true. For one, you and I are NOT likened to that kind of Gentile nor promised a blessing like she knew she was promised if she went through the proper channel, nor are we promised to enter the kingdom of heaven.

By the time of Paul's writing Israel had fallen and salvation came unto the Gentiles (certain) through their fall. By the time you and I came around, Israel had been cast away for a reason and for a season and Paul was sent to all men to testify the gospel of the grace of God. There is no tree standing to be graffed into! Today, believers are filling up a Body! You are either saved and baptized into that one Body or you're still lost. Yes, I believe all scripture and recognize it's not all to me or about me, but it's all for me.

Another Home Run from heir !!!!

daqq

That's right!That is one HUGE HOWEVER! What you said is not true. For one, you and I are NOT likened to that kind of Gentile nor promised a blessing like she knew she was promised if she went through the proper channel, nor are we promised to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Your version of audience relevance is easily proven false by the simple straightforward reading of Mark 13. All disciples of Yeshua are indeed promised to enter the kingdom of God and kingdom of the heavens if indeed they endure unto the end, (a statement also found in Matthew 24:13-14 KJV).

Mark 13:3 KJV
3. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,

Mark 13:31 KJV
31. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Mark 13:37 KJV
37. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

What the Master says to Peter, James, John, and Andrew, he says to ALL. Also he says in the same passage that heaven and earth shall pass away but his words shall not pass away. How therefore can it be that in your own mini-dispensation, which you have carved out for yourself, the words of Messiah have effectually passed away because they are, according to you, not applicable to you so long as you live? In addition the Canaanite woman of Tyre fulfills prophecy and this is why Yeshua could not hide the event, because it fulfilled prophecy and glorifies the Father:

Mark 7:24-26 KJV
24. And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into an house, and would have no man know it: but he could not be hid.
25. For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:
26. The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

Why is it that "he could not be hid" when this is one who walks through crowds and is clearly capable of hiding himself in other places like the Gospel of John? It is because of this that he could not be hid:

Isaiah 23:17-18 KJV
17. And it shall come to pass after the end of seventy years, that the Lord will visit Tyre, and she shall turn to her hire, and shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth.
18. And her merchandise and her hire shall be holiness to the Lord: it shall not be treasured nor laid up; for her merchandise shall be for them that dwell before the Lord, to eat sufficiently, and for durable clothing.

And Luke confirms this in Acts where Paul also confirms it noting that there is already a house of the faithful at Tyre. No doubt this woman from Matthew 15:24 is the beginning of these faithful in Tyre:

Acts 21:3-7 KJV
3. Now when we had discovered Cyprus, we left it on the left hand, and sailed into Syria, and landed at Tyre: for there the ship was to unlade her burden.
4. And finding disciples, we tarried there seven days: who said to Paul through the Spirit, that he should not go up to Jerusalem.
5. And when we had accomplished those days, we departed and went our way; and they all brought us on our way, with wives and children, till we were out of the city: and we kneeled down on the shore, and prayed.
6. And when we had taken our leave one of another, we took ship; and they returned home again.
7. And when we had finished our course from Tyre, we came to Ptolemais, and saluted the brethren, and abode with them one day.

By the time of Paul's writing Israel had fallen and salvation came unto the Gentiles (certain) through their fall. By the time you and I came around, Israel had been cast away for a reason and for a season and Paul was sent to all men to testify the gospel of the grace of God. There is no tree standing to be graffed into! Today, believers are filling up a Body! You are either saved and baptized into that one Body or you're still lost. Yes, I believe all scripture and recognize it's not all to me or about me, but it's all for me.

Again you are clearly mistaken and that is because of the very reason that your paradigm has told you that the words of Messiah somehow do not apply to you and, therefore, you do not give enough heed to the intricacies of his words:

John 17:13-21 KJV
13. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.