Lifting & Fasting

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
I meant to include your statement here in my reply. You are pointed the wrong way. Get those ideas from your head.
When I'm weight training to build muscularity (which I do NOT do when fasting), I will eat more carbohydrate because it helps build more muscularity. Not too much, but some. It also builds some fat, which I then have to reduce through dieting later. If I am careful to keep eating the right amount of protein (dieting but not fasting), I can preserve the muscularity while simultaneously cutting fat tissue.

This is the idea behind "bulk and cut". You grow muscularity, with the appropriate hypertrophy weight training, easier when you eat some carbohydrate with your protein. Your body just likes having some easy to digest energy (carbohydrate) when it's building muscularity (which it does when you impose on it appropriate hypertrophy weight training). But it also builds some fat tissue.

As I said earlier in the thread, you can get stronger while fasting, meaning peak strength weight training (meaning 1-5RM range), but you're unavoidably going to lose muscularity, so it's a balancing act.