life in prison

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Many heinous criminals are convicted to life in prison.

And many victims' family like that instead of death penal.

their reason is because they want the offenders to see suffering.

It is the same as Christians believe in non-believers will burn in hell for eternity, it seems.

If we read the Bible that God will enjoy giving a sentence of burning in hell for eternity, I don't believe we will be accepted in His kingdom.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

It is the same as Christians believe in non-believers will burn in hell for eternity, it seems.

If we read the Bible that God will enjoy giving a sentence of burning in hell for eternity, I don't believe we will be accepted in His kingdom.

What are you saying?

oatmeal

To believe all non-believers will be burned for eternity is out of context of God and Jesus' love.

I agree. There is no scriptural evidence for eternal torment for unbelievers.

God's love and goodness and justice and mercy eliminate that as a possibility.

The unbelievers will simply not receive what they did not believe to receive.

They did not want God or His blessings such as life, light, love, goodness, eternal life,they will not get God or His blessings.

However, they will stand in front of God and see how wrong they were before they die the second death.

What is left of them after they are dead will be burned in the trash heap of the Gehenna whose fires will last ever there is some trash left to burn.

Zeke

Don't let this simulation called life that can die fool you, Life can never die.

iouae

To believe all non-believers will be burned for eternity is out of context of God and Jesus' love.

I agree completely with you Meshak. It would serve no purpose to punish someone eternally.

I go even further to say that not even the demons will suffer eternally. Look at the bits underlined below.

Eze 28:16
By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:17
Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Eze 28:18
Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Eze 28:19
All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more

How many times and in how many ways must God describe the utter destruction of Lucifer. This is destruction, not tormenting. Hell fire burns demons up.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
How many times and in how many ways must God describe the utter destruction of Lucifer. This is destruction, not tormenting. Hell fire burns demons up.

Thank you for bringing up the verses.

You are blessed, brother:)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Exactly, it is no justice at all. God is Just.

Therefore, punishment must occur to any unrepentant person before annihilation in the lake of fire. (Luke 16)

Punishment must also be due to believers now if they do not repent of sinning until they repent, otherwise be lost forever--

1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA,

how do you read those verses? Are you agreeing with iouae or not?

thanks.

The lake of fire must be preceded by punishment for the wicked, or God would be unjust with such sinners as Hitler, Stalin, etc.--

Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The lake of fire must be preceded by punishment for the wicked, or God would be unjust with such sinners as Hitler, Stalin, etc.--

Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

LA

So you believe Hitler will be burned for eternity?

that's what I thought how you read them.

and I still disagree.