lets talk about hypocrisy of religion, mainly about christian community

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Hypocrisy is pretending to be something you're not.

That's people like you and God's unTruth....so busy imagining faults in others while running around naked as a blue jay and squawking to high heaven. Very annoying.

Just listen to yourself. You just proved that it is you and not me.

Danoh

This thread is not to merely insult me. I see no reason to post here again.

A good handful of them are hypocrites, GT.

They do not represent how MANY MADs outside of TOL conduct themselves with anyone who does not hold their view.

They are a disgrace.

They live for conflict.

They know nothing about "the grace that is in Christ Jesus."

pondsbb

Paul talked of it.

Romans 7:14-25 KJV
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. [15] For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. [16] If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. [17] Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. [18] For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. [19] For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. [20] Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. [21] I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. [22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: [23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. [24] O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? [25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Thank you pond.

I am trying to be realistic and specific in this thread.

I believe it exists but it has been going on since the Christianity started.

How do we keep it going on?

Last edited:

Danoh

Paul talked of it.

Romans 7:14-25 KJV
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. [15] For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. [16] If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. [17] Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. [18] For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. [19] For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. [20] Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. [21] I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. [22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: [23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. [24] O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? [25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

That chapter was about hypocrisy?

News to me.

You might want to reread both it and the OP.

pondsbb

That chapter was about hypocrisy?

News to me.

You might want to reread both it and the OP.
Well not hypocrisy on Paul's part, but hypocrisy as the world looks at people. I understand what you are saying Danoh.

Reactions: Lon

Danoh

Well not hypocrisy on Paul's part, but hypocrisy as the world looks at people. I understand what you are saying Danoh.

Romans 7 is not talking about hypocrisy.

Rather, it is addressing the issue of attempting to serve God by putting oneself back under "the law for righteousness" - which can only bring defeat - see also, Gal. 5.

pondsbb

Romans 7 is not talking about hypocrisy.

Rather, it is addressing the issue of attempting to serve God by putting oneself back under "the law for righteousness" - which can only bring defeat - see also, Gal. 5.
Can't you see that is how the world sees Christians and think it hypocrisy? For what they used to be before a change in Christ?

You may not be able to see it, but I can.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Can't you see that is how the world sees Christians and think it hypocrisy? For what they used to be before a change in Christ?

You may not be able to see it, but I can.

Good point.

Yes, I know the world see us as hypocrites. I am from Okinawa and I get question from them why Christians use God to engage in wars.

I use to evangelized in Okinawa and had to tell them that military is not Jesus' idea and He does not advocate the wars.

Christians in the military is one of biggest hypocrisy in Christianity,
IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.