Land, Food, Water, Energy

Hoping

Banned
Followers of Greta think that destroying the civilization that we've built over the past 200 years on cheap energy is for the greater good.

Does that align with God?
I don't consider oil drilling or coal mining cheap.
As for destroying civilization, I feel you have bought into the fear monger's version of the future.
Let's put the coal miners to work building wind turbines.
Or maybe we can just build giant hamster wheels for the athletic to spin-out our power?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
One of the biggest hydroelectric power stations in this country is the Robert Moses Niagara power plant at Niagara Falls, near where I live. It's a monster, with a generating capacity of 2.5 GW.

The Roscoe wind farm near Abilene is one of the largest in the world. It has a generating capacity of about 0.8 GW.

Most of the electric energy generated in the United States is generated by burning fossil fuels. The total from fossil fuels is 2,500,000 GW. A million times the output of one of the largest hydro plants in the country. More than 3 million times the output of the largest wind farm.

Wind isn't going to get us there. Hydro isn't going to get us there. The only thing that's comparable is nuclear.

Or we can pull the plug on our economy and our country and our culture.

marke

Can you supply the time when seed is planted?
As it is different in different places, and for different crops, the "time" in question is more of a general promise to always exist than that it won't ever change from year to year or decade to decade.
I believe Gen 8:22 is true, and will be till the end of the earth.
What the earth will look like at that time is in our hands.
Global warming alarmism propagators can no longer change the weather than Darwinists can create original life in a lab.

marke

It may at the beginning, or it may accelerate with the new technology.
Are you a seer?
Or just reluctant to see change?
Maybe I'm a seer. Although Biden apologists predicted otherwise I predicted his global warming alarmism mandates and tax and spend policies would drive prices through the roof, slowing businesses and robbing poor people of desperately needed cash.

marke

I don't consider oil drilling or coal mining cheap.
As for destroying civilization, I feel you have bought into the fear monger's version of the future.
Let's put the coal miners to work building wind turbines.
Or maybe we can just build giant hamster wheels for the athletic to spin-out our power?
That's right. Shutting down oil and gas for windmills makes as much sense as shutting down water supplies to force people to drink orange juice for their health.

Hoping

Banned
One of the biggest hydroelectric power stations in this country is the Robert Moses Niagara power plant at Niagara Falls, near where I live. It's a monster, with a generating capacity of 2.5 GW.

The Roscoe wind farm near Abilene is one of the largest in the world. It has a generating capacity of about 0.8 GW.

Most of the electric energy generated in the United States is generated by burning fossil fuels. The total from fossil fuels is 2,500,000 GW. A million times the output of one of the largest hydro plants in the country. More than 3 million times the output of the largest wind farm.

Wind isn't going to get us there. Hydro isn't going to get us there. The only thing that's comparable is nuclear.

Or we can pull the plug on our economy and our country and our culture.
Do you understand the general idea of how a car engine's power goes through a transmission?
With enough gear sets, the lowest powered engine can propel a car to 200 miles an hour.
If one windmill can be geared through multiple sets of gears, it can generate ten or twenty or who knows how many times what a single wind mill can.
The technology just isn't there yet.
Do you own stock in an oil company, or something?

Hoping

Banned
That's right. Shutting down oil and gas for windmills makes as much sense as shutting down water supplies to force people to drink orange juice for their health.
Yet both options are available.
Where does your idea that all other power sources will be scrapped on the same day come from?

Hoping

Banned
Maybe I'm a seer. Although Biden apologists predicted otherwise I predicted his global warming alarmism mandates and tax and spend policies would drive prices through the roof, slowing businesses and robbing poor people of desperately needed cash.
Good for you.
I hope it makes you feel better.

Hoping

Banned
Global warming alarmism propagators can no longer change the weather than Darwinists can create original life in a lab.
Every long trip starts with a single step.
Personally, I don;\'t want to get left on the porch.

marke

Do you understand the general idea of how a car engine's power goes through a transmission?
With enough gear sets, the lowest powered engine can propel a car to 200 miles an hour.
If one windmill can be geared through multiple sets of gears, it can generate ten or twenty or who knows how many times what a single wind mill can.
Better to own stock in an oil company rather than in a company that plans to utilize technology that "just isn't there yet."

marke

Yet both options are available.
Where does your idea that all other power sources will be scrapped on the same day come from?
Badly educated GW alarmism proponents do not know what the disasters they are creating by replacing fossil fuel or nuclear power generation with wind turbines. The typical lifetime of a wind turbine is about 20 years and then disposing of more and more non-recyclable turbine blades will begin to replace supposed GW threats with threats from growing mountains of hard to dispose of environmental hazardous wastes.

marke

Every long trip starts with a single step.
Personally, I don;\'t want to get left on the porch.
While atheists and assorted fools clamber aboard spaceships to Mars be sure to do more research on the foolishness of such hopeful adventures before jumping on board the ship of fools. And don't get too excited about the possibilities of finding nirvana in the destruction of industrialization on earth as we know it.

ok doser

😅
In a vacuum, with a perfectly frictionless system? Sure.

Having to overcome air resistance and power loss due to friction? No.
😅
And it never will be. Wind will never be able to generate enough electricity to replace fossil fuels.

Solar has the potential to but not without a paradigm shift in technology of a nature that nobody can predict at this point.

Nuclear is the only currently available power source that can do it.
I wish.

I understand the technology. I understand the science. And I understand that the fuel density offered by natural gas, petroleum and coal is of a nature that can't be matched by electric, will never be matched by electric using current electric energy storage devices.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
Badly educated GW alarmism proponents do not know what the disasters they are creating by replacing fossil fuel or nuclear power generation with wind turbines. The typical lifetime of a wind turbine is about 20 years and then disposing of more and more non-recyclable turbine blades will begin to replace supposed GW threats with threats from growing mountains of hard to dispose of environmental hazardous wastes.
There you go prophesying again.
I didn't even know turbines had bee around for twenty years.:unsure:
In twenty more years, we may be using them for fuel !
I am surprised you can see so much wrong with an alternate future but can't see anything wrong with what we have today.
That seems kinda closed minded to me.

Hoping

Banned
While atheists and assorted fools clamber aboard spaceships to Mars be sure to do more research on the foolishness of such hopeful adventures before jumping on board the ship of fools. And don't get too excited about the possibilities of finding nirvana in the destruction of industrialization on earth as we know it.
Personally, I wish they would scrap NASA and send all that money to build affordable housing, and job training.

Hoping

Banned
😅

In a vacuum, with a perfectly frictionless system? Sure.

Having to overcome air resistance and power loss due to friction? No.
Ever heard of a two speed rear-end in a car?
It results in better mileage at higher speeds.
Gearing !!!
😅

And it never will be. Wind will never be able to generate enough electricity to replace fossil fuels.
As you said earlier, it is already generating 1%.
In ten years, it may be up to 25%.
Don't be such a pessimist !
Solar has the potential to but not without a paradigm shift in technology of a nature that nobody can predict at this point.

Nuclear is the only currently available power source that can do it.

I wish.

I understand the technology. I understand the science. And I understand that the fuel density offered by natural gas, petroleum and coal is of a nature that can't be matched by electric, will never be matched by electric using current electric energy storage devices.
You wish?
What is keeping you back from reaping the profits on your, hopefully, unending money stream?
Invest !

ok doser

There you go prophesying again.
I didn't even know turbines had bee around for twenty years.:unsure:
In twenty more years, we may be using them for fuel !
I am surprised you can see so much wrong with an alternate future but can't see anything wrong with what we have today.
That seems kinda closed minded to me.
Turbines bin around for a very long time

In 1849, British–American engineer James Francis developed the first modern water turbine – the Francis turbine – which remains the most widely-used water turbine in the world today.