Knight's pick 01-16-2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again I am late, but so what?? Its a funny post!!!!
Originally posted by GraceInMe
Oh man!!!!!!! Just last night I listened to the first part of the Dr. White / Dr. Sanders debate. Both parties got to open up for about 20 mins, and say their opening speech.
I am not personally a debater. I stay to the fellowship threads and keep my thoughts to myself. But I have to speak my mind on this. When Dr. White opened up all I heard was "mumble mumble..... I am a great person.....mumble mumble.....Look at all I have done.....mumble mumble........See the big words I can use......mumble mumble.......if you can't understand what I am saying, I must be right.....mumble mumble......I like to hear myself speak.......mumble mumble. Right away I felt as if I was being sold a car. Then Dr. Sanders spoke. He was very clear and explained any terms that the average person might not know. He wanted to make me listen. He was a very humble speaker.
I did not hear the rest of the debate, and look forward to it, but I don't know if I can make it through the parts when Dr. White is speaking. Call me stupid, but doesn't it make more sense for a debater to make what he is saying clear to all listeners, seeing as how 80% of the Christian population is laymen like myself, instead of over talking his listeners? I know that later in the debate Dr. White does a better job at debating then Dr. Sanders, but based on the fact that I already don't like him I agree with Dr. Sanders. Does anybody else have an opinion on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.