KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS

DougE

Deuteronomy 4:1 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.

4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Israel failed to possess all the land promised them because they were unable to keep the commandments given them.

Jesus did not abolish the need for Israel to keep the commandments:

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

The remnant of Israel would keep the commandments during the tribulation through the power of the Spirit (Acts 1:8):

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

The remnant of Israel will be made kings and priests in the kingdom on earth:

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

clefty

Deuteronomy 4:1 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.

4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Israel failed to possess all the land promised them because they were unable to keep the commandments given them.

Jesus did not abolish the need for Israel to keep the commandments:

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

The remnant of Israel would keep the commandments during the tribulation through the power of the Spirit (Acts 1:8):

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

The remnant of Israel will be made kings and priests in the kingdom on earth:

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

I have yet to meet a Christian who claims they can:

worship another god,
make and worship idols,
blaspheme His name,
dishonor parents,
kill,
adulterate,
steal,
lie,
covet...

Only when it comes to the seventh day Sabbath does it suddenly ALL become “hell naw...that was abolished...that is OT we are in NT...that was for Jews only...not for me...there was a change in the Law...we are under grace...you’re a Judaizer ...fallen from grace...legalist...REEEEEEEE”

Bradley D

I have yet to meet a Christian who claims they can:

worship another god,
make and worship idols,
blaspheme His name,
dishonor parents,
kill,
adulterate,
steal,
lie,
covet...

Only when it comes to the seventh day Sabbath does it suddenly ALL become “hell naw...that was abolished...that is OT we are in NT...that was for Jews only...not for me...there was a change in the Law...we are under grace...you’re a Judaizer ...fallen from grace...legalist...REEEEEEEE”

So what about what Jesus said about commandments?

Bradley D

you mean

"DO what they teach from Moses' seat" Mat 23:3

"You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother" (Mark 10:19).

"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love" (John 15:10).

clefty

"You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother" (Mark 10:19).

Matthew swaps out not defraud with love your neighbor as yourself Matt 19:18-19
Luke leaves it at just five Luke 18:20

Is that it then?

"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love" (John 15:10).
And His commandments are what?

Contrary to His Father’s...?

So which is it then “Keep My commandments“ or “Do what they teach from Moses’ seat” or “do My Father’s will”?

clefty

The commandments were kept by Christ for His people the Church the Israel of God!

And now you don’t need to keep them... not because of His Grace...

but because no matter what you do it was all already planned and determined you would do so...you can’t help it

that commandment and sacrifices thingy and its “be punished or die if you don’t” was all just for fun...entertainment

some will burn forever now to keep the show going and some will go to Heaven cuz they were made to...

as it was ALL planned nothing by choice or test of free will...

so carry on in whatever you do

I mean whatever...don’t worry about Laws or consequences

it was all mesnt to be...determined by Him...lol

Bradley D

Matthew swaps out not defraud with love your neighbor as yourself Matt 19:18-19
Luke leaves it at just five Luke 18:20

Is that it then?

And His commandments are what?

Contrary to His Father’s...?

So which is it then “Keep My commandments“ or “Do what they teach from Moses’ seat” or “do My Father’s will”?

"And Jesus' commandments are what?" His Father's commandments. Jesus came to speak for His Father not for himself. God sent Jesus to us to speak for Him and be a perfect sacrifice for our sins.

"...just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love"

beloved57

Everyone Christ lived and died for has kept all the commandments perfectly through Christ ! Rev 14:12

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. This of course is the Church the Body of Christ !

Nanja

Everyone Christ lived and died for has kept all the commandments perfectly through Christ ! Rev 14:12

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. This of course is the Church the Body of Christ !

Amen Brother! Keeping all the Commandments of God requires perfect obedience in heart, life, speech and thoughts, which is to be found only in the Physical and Spiritual Obedience rendered to God's Law as Christ Performed throughout the entirety of His brief stay while here on Earth.

Yes, Christ was made under the Law Gal. 4:4 so that He, in every aspect, fulfilled the Law Perfectly for His Church, the Israel of God.

beloved57

Naja

Amen Brother! Keeping all the Commandments of God requires perfect obedience in heart, life, speech and thoughts,

Amen Sister which is impossible for the natural man to do even in Adam !

clefty

"And Jesus' commandments are what?" His Father's commandments. Jesus came to speak for His Father not for himself. God sent Jesus to us to speak for Him and be a perfect sacrifice for our sins.

"...just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love"

Exactly...and if indeed we love JUST AS He loved we will not include Sunday Ham dinners in our love and service to others...ya dig?

beloved57

Yep, totally Brother.

Hey Sister, when Jesus made the many righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word righteous means dikaios:

righteous, observing divine laws
  1. in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

Nanja

Hey Sister, when Jesus made the many righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word righteous means dikaios:

righteous, observing divine laws
  1. in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

Exactly Brother, thank you for expounding !