Justified by Works and Not By Faith Alone?

JJ84

The only
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
work you can do is to believe (Eph 2:8-9).

As a reminder God's Truth is number 39 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Why do Believers always stop at verse 9 in Ephesians 2?

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
So no we are not saved by our dirty works, verse 9, but when a person accept Jesus as Savior the Holy Spirit indwells us and brings forth His works in our life. These works or fruit are describe by Paul in Galatians 5:22-23. While Jesus speaks of them in Matthew 7:13-23.

Even the writer of Hebrews speak of this as the true sign of believers; 9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. 10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward His name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:9-10

Nothing I can do humanly speaking can save me. But when I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior the Holy Spirit will began a good work in me until the day of Jesus Christ, Philippians 1:6, that is producing His fruit in me.

God's Truth

We are saved by grace through faith. You can not get around it. Ephesians 2:8-9

Grace is that we do not have to clean ourselves.

Just read in Leviticus 15 all the things a person had to do after a woman’s period and after a man’s natural discharge.
There are things these people had to do, even the people who merely touched these people, or the people who sat where these people sat.

Leviticus 15:32 These are the regulations for a man with a discharge, for anyone made unclean by an emission of semen, 33 for a woman in her monthly period, for a man or a woman with a discharge, and for a man who has sexual relations with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.

Leviticus 4:12
that is, all the rest of the bull—he must take outside the camp to a place ceremonially clean, where the ashes are thrown, and burn it there in a wood fire on the ash heap.

Leviticus 5:2
“‘If anyone becomes aware that they are guilty—if they unwittingly touch anything ceremonially unclean (whether the carcass of an unclean animal, wild or domestic, or of any unclean creature that moves along the ground) and they are unaware that they have become unclean, but then they come to realize their guilt;

Leviticus 6:11
Then he is to take off these clothes and put on others, and carry the ashes outside the camp to a place that is ceremonially clean.

Leviticus 7:19
“‘Meat that touches anything ceremonially unclean must not be eaten; it must be burned up. As for other meat, anyone ceremonially clean may eat it.

Leviticus 10:14
But you and your sons and your daughters may eat the breast that was waved and the thigh that was presented. Eat them in a ceremonially clean place; they have been given to you and your children as your share of the Israelites’ fellowship offerings.

Leviticus 11:4
“‘There are some that only chew the cud or only have a divided hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a divided hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you.

Leviticus 12:2
“Say to the Israelites: ‘A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period.

There are many more scriptures that I can post from the Old Testament.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Grace is that we do not have to clean ourselves.

Just read in Leviticus 15 all the things a person had to do after a woman’s period and after a man’s natural discharge.
There are things these people had to do, even the people who merely touched these people, or the people who sat where these people sat.

Leviticus 15:32 These are the regulations for a man with a discharge, for anyone made unclean by an emission of semen, 33 for a woman in her monthly period, for a man or a woman with a discharge, and for a man who has sexual relations with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.

Leviticus 4:12
that is, all the rest of the bull—he must take outside the camp to a place ceremonially clean, where the ashes are thrown, and burn it there in a wood fire on the ash heap.

Leviticus 5:2
“‘If anyone becomes aware that they are guilty—if they unwittingly touch anything ceremonially unclean (whether the carcass of an unclean animal, wild or domestic, or of any unclean creature that moves along the ground) and they are unaware that they have become unclean, but then they come to realize their guilt;

Leviticus 6:11
Then he is to take off these clothes and put on others, and carry the ashes outside the camp to a place that is ceremonially clean.

Leviticus 7:19
“‘Meat that touches anything ceremonially unclean must not be eaten; it must be burned up. As for other meat, anyone ceremonially clean may eat it.

Leviticus 10:14
But you and your sons and your daughters may eat the breast that was waved and the thigh that was presented. Eat them in a ceremonially clean place; they have been given to you and your children as your share of the Israelites’ fellowship offerings.

Leviticus 11:4
“‘There are some that only chew the cud or only have a divided hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a divided hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you.

Leviticus 12:2
“Say to the Israelites: ‘A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period.

There are many more scriptures that I can post from the Old Testament.
You do not need to post anything from the Old Testament. We are no longer under the Law. We are under grace.