JOHN'S BAPTISM

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are not reading comprehensively yet. New reader means new to Bible reading...or some such problem. I'll skip the rest of your comments because of your obvious misunderstandings.
I know Philip was an apostle. Paul did not baptize except for...
I Corinthians 1:13-17:
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Oooops! (on your part; I only add this because you are quite arrogant in your posts.)

Ooops! (Again, Philip baptized... oops! (another time) it was water baptism!
Wise up or you'll be outside looking in...not my bad...I tried with you. Hint: Try to read without preconceived ideas or that you already know it all. Our goal is togetherness and holiness and sharing the Word to build one another up...fill the voids within us. Please try for Jesus sake and mine to not take this too badly, had to be done at this point.

You appear to be a wee bit uncivil. Why not try and be a little more respectful of those who have been on TOL for many years?

Right Divider

Body part
You are not reading comprehensively yet.
No, I'm fine. It's you that has reading comprehension problems.

New reader means new to Bible reading...or some such problem.
I knew exactly what you meant, and you were wrong there too.

I'll skip the rest of your comments because of your obvious misunderstandings.
I have no misunderstandings, but I can understand why you'd skip over the truth.

I know Philip was an apostle. Paul did not baptize except for...
I Corinthians 1:13-17:
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Oooops! (on your part; I only add this because you are quite arrogant in your posts.)
Not seeing any "Ooops on my part". Paul baptized some until God sent him NOT to baptize.

Ooops! (Again, Philip baptized... oops! (another time) it was water baptism!
Once again, your deafness to facts is your problem.

Philip was ONE of the TWELVE that Christ sent to baptize. The TWELVE are not the ONE OTHER apostle. Paul was given NEW revelation, including instructions NOT to baptize.

The Ethiopian eunuch was a Jew from a foreign land. Nothing unusual there. All normal Israelite stuff.

Wise up or you'll be outside looking in...not my bad...I tried with you. Hint: Try to read without preconceived ideas or that you already know it all. Our goal is togetherness and holiness and sharing the Word to build one another up...fill the voids within us. Please try for Jesus sake and mine to not take this too badly, had to be done at this point.
:rotfl:

Zeke

1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. JOHN 1:31
It can be seen here that John's baptism was to prepare Israel to recognize the promised coming Messiah.
John's baptism was to identify Jesus as the Christ, The Son of God to Israel; to prepare Israel for the coming kingdom.
John's baptism is not for us, it was for Israel.

So how would John be able to reveal to God's earthly minded people the Christ/Spirit/Father in Jesus? when the Father revealed through Jesus that the eternal kingdom comes not with observations Luke 17:20, to finite minds looking outside themselves for truth Luke 17:21, even the best of them born of flesh are considered to be the least in that infinite mystery Matthew 11:11, 1 Corinthians 3:16.

That verse revealed through Jesus about John does make Jesus a lessor than John if his birth was based on flesh understanding Galatians 4:1, the virgin birth being a miraculous event in flesh Colossians 1:27 rather than of flesh (traditions folly/veil ) is reiterated through the scriptures presenting these two births one bond one free that happens in mans mind Galatians 4:24-25.

Which is revealed in the only divide revealed in scripture for interpretation for a bondsman where Jew and Gentile exist or freeborn where neither exist 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Right Divider

Body part
So how would John be able to reveal to God's earthly minded people the Christ/Spirit/Father in Jesus? when the Father revealed through Jesus that the eternal kingdom comes not with observations Luke 17:20, to finite minds looking outside themselves for truth Luke 17:21, even the best of them born of flesh are considered to be the least in that infinite mystery Matthew 11:11, 1 Corinthians 3:16.
Haven't you abused Luke 17 long enough yet?

According to your theory, the kingdom of God was within the unbelieving Pharisees.

Zeke

Haven't you abused Luke 17 long enough yet?

According to your theory, the kingdom of God was within the unbelieving Pharisees.

No more than the ones you parrot, simple solution just don't read my post if Luke 17:21 is hard for you to digest, some right division would clear your confusion up 2 Corinthians 3:6, but Like Christ said let the dead bury the dead Ephesians 5:14.

Right Divider

Body part
No more than the ones you parrot, simple solution just don't read my post if Luke 17:21 is hard for you to digest, some right division would clear your confusion up 2 Corinthians 3:6, but Like Christ said let the dead bury the dead Ephesians 5:14.
I know from prophecy that the kingdom will exist on the earth and be visible. So you have no basis to be confused and yet you are.

Zeke

I know from prophecy that the kingdom will exist on the earth and be visible. So you have no basis to be confused and yet you are.

Good for you, but the eternal or infinite doesn't acknowledge dualism or time as reality which is the foundational premise of believing in two powers, Christ refers to it as asleep/dead to the Christ within or he wouldn't have used those terms to described a veiled mind which is sight oriented judging by appearance/worldly, God is Spirit and is always at hand regardless of the dead letters your drinking from like Jacobs well you continually have to return if you only know Christ after the flesh instead of in you Hebrews 6:1-5! Some mystery you say you believe yet your doctrine of boasting exposes it for head knowledge, Ephesians 5:14, the more excellent way awaits your awakening.

Right Divider

Body part
Good for you, but the eternal or infinite doesn't acknowledge dualism or time as reality which is the foundational premise of believing in two powers, Christ refers to it as asleep/dead to the Christ within or he wouldn't have used those terms to described a veiled mind which is sight oriented judging by appearance/worldly, God is Spirit and is always at hand regardless of the dead letters your drinking from like Jacobs well you continually have to return if you only know Christ after the flesh instead of in you Hebrews 6:1-5! Some mystery you say you believe yet your doctrine of boasting exposes it for head knowledge, Ephesians 5:14, the more excellent way awaits your awakening.
You are just a poor confused new-age mystic. I feel bad for you.

God's Truth

1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. JOHN 1:31
It can be seen here that John's baptism was to prepare Israel to recognize the promised coming Messiah.
John's baptism was to identify Jesus as the Christ, The Son of God to Israel; to prepare Israel for the coming kingdom.
John's baptism is not for us, it was for Israel.

Cornelius was a Gentile and was water baptized, along with his whole household.

Baptism represents how a believer equates his life with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Our old person is to die to the sins of the world and be buried with Jesus through baptism into death. We are buried with the water, and raised out of the water, raised to live a new life through Jesus.

Picture how baptism looks…the believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.

Romans explain this perfectly.
Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Water baptism is when the person makes a promise of a good conscience to God in a ceremonial type of way. The person has already made the conscientious acknowledgement to God to stop sinning, but now follows through with obeying God by getting water baptized, by doing the ceremonial act of the promise. Water baptism is a symbol of what has already happened in one’s heart.

God's Truth

Aquila and Priscilla were friends of Paul, and they spent some time with Apollos and taught him more adequately. Apollos only knew of John's water baptism of repentance. See Acts 18:26.

Apollos traveled through Achaia and eventually found his way to Corinth (Acts 19:1), where he “watered” where Paul had “sown” (1 Corinthians 3:6).
That is about Paul preaching the word and Apollos did the water baptizing.

There was even a time when people who were baptized by Apollos were saying they were baptized in Apollos' name. Paul says he is glad he didn't do much baptizing or people would be saying they were baptized in his name. Paul explains that we should not speak in such a way, it is worldly, see 1 Corinthians 1:12-13. Christ is not divided, and neither should we be.