John Calvin's Unjust, Unmerciful, Unrighteous Sinner God

Robert Pate

Banned
I have noticed that people usually act out or portray in their lives what they believe that their God is like. Example, Muslims believe that their God is a warring God. The Koran says, "Kill the infidels". When you hear of acts of terrorism committed by Muslims it just may be that they are following the teachings of the Koran.

John Calvin was the terror of Geneva. Many were sentenced to death simply because they did not believe his doctrine. It was not uncommon to find yourself in jail because you fell asleep or talked during one of his sermons. John Calvin apparently thought that God was a tyrant sinner like himself.

To embrace Calvinism is to embrace the doctrine of predestination, in which God predestinates "Some Certain Persons" (Canons of Dort) to salvation and damns the rest to hell. If you don't see anything wrong with this then you are probably a good candidate to become a Calvinist. Have you ever been left out or excluded from some special event for no particular reason? How did you feel about that? What if your mother made it known that she loved one of your siblings more than she loved you for no particular reason? How would you feel about that? Do you think that is okay?

To say or to promote the idea that God loves you more than someone else is like Pharisaism. The Pharisees thought that God loved them more than he loved the common Jew because they were religious. Jesus referred to these self righteous Pharisees as snakes, hypocrites and children of hell. Best not to declare that you are one of God's special chosen ones. The Bible makes it clear that God loves all of his creation, "God so loves the world that he gave his only begotten Son" and it is not his will that any should perish.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have noticed that people usually act out or portray in their lives what they believe that their God is like. Example, Muslims believe that their God is a warring God. The Koran says, "Kill the infidels". When you hear of acts of terrorism committed by Muslims it just may be that they are following the teachings of the Koran.

John Calvin was the terror of Geneva. Many were sentenced to death simply because they did not believe his doctrine. It was not uncommon to find yourself in jail because you fell asleep or talked during one of his sermons. John Calvin apparently thought that God was a tyrant sinner like himself.

To embrace Calvinism is to embrace the doctrine of predestination, in which God predestinates "Some Certain Persons" (Canons of Dort) to salvation and damns the rest to hell. If you don't see anything wrong with this then you are probably a good candidate to become a Calvinist. Have you ever been left out or excluded from some special event for no particular reason? How did you feel about that? What if your mother made it known that she loved one of your siblings more than she loved you for no particular reason? How would you feel about that? Do you think that is okay?

To say or to promote the idea that God loves you more than someone else is like Pharisaism. The Pharisees thought that God loved them more than he loved the common Jew because they were religious. Jesus referred to these self righteous Pharisees as snakes, hypocrites and children of hell. Best not to declare that you are one of God's special chosen ones. The Bible makes it clear that God loves all of his creation, "God so loves the world that he gave his only begotten Son" and it is not his will that any should perish.

There are a number of posters on TOL who are infected with the spirit of John Calvin.

beloved57

Pateism has something in common with all false religions of man, that men are saved by works, by what they do.

beloved57

You are a pathetic case.

Christ dying on the cross for your sins calls for a response. Your response is do nothing.
You teach that millions for whom Christ died on the cross for, shall wind up lost !

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that salvation depends on what a person does, that's a false gospel. That's a unfruitful work of darkness.

I can't think of a more unfruitful work than Calvinism. You believe that your salvation depends upon the teachings of John Calvin.

You are the Forums biggest hypocrite, accusing others of what you do yourself.

beloved57

I can't think of a more unfruitful work than Calvinism. You believe that your salvation depends upon the teachings of John Calvin.

You are the Forums biggest hypocrite, accusing others of what you do yourself.
Pateism is a unfruitful work of darkness, it promotes salvation by works, by the arm of the flesh.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pateism is a unfruitful work of darkness, it promotes salvation by works, by the arm of the flesh.

Your false God does not exist.

There is no unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous God in the Bible.

He only lives in your perverted mind.

beloved57

Your false God does not exist.

There is no unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous God in the Bible.

He only lives in your perverted mind.
You will see my God at Judgment when your works of darkness shall be Judged!

Brother Ducky

John Calvin was a murderous tyrant. You will probably spend eternity chasing him all over hell.

OK. Who did Calvin murder? And how did he murder them? Be sure to exclude any person lawfully convicted of a capital crime. Even if you think that the crime should not have been a crime.

And it should be noted that even if he were a "murderous tyrant" that really has no bearing on the veracity or falsehood of his statements. Why don't you deal with what he actually says if you wish to discredit him.