John 14:21 Comment

God's Truth

You are not paying close attention to the wording.

Jude 1:25. KJV
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Titus 2:13. KJV
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

You are the one not paying close attention.

God's Truth

John 10:36
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

So tell me the difference between the Father and the Son, besides Jesus being called a Son.

Tell me the difference between them.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So tell me the difference between the Father and the Son, besides Jesus being called a Son.

That is sort of comical. You are trying to prove that the Son is the Father when He unequivocally states that He is not.

John 14:23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

Two different persons.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Even if he did say that the commandment was his, he always reinforced the idea that any commandment came from the Father. It was "his" in that he was teaching that commandment, but it originated with the Father. He would say, "If you are my friends, do what I say." (John 15:14) That is acceptable, seeing that he is the one who is teaching the people. But what he said was what the Father told him to say.

"I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say. And I know that HIS commandment is eternal life. So what I say, I say as the Father told me." (John 12:49,50, NAB)

His commandment is eternal life...but you do not keep it do you. The law came through Moses but grace and truth through Jesus Christ and of His grace we have all received, grace upon grace.

I challenge you to say you keep Christ's commandment to love the Lord your God with all your heart mind and soul and to love your neighbour as you love yourself....you do not keep His commandments

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
His commandment is eternal life...but you do not keep it do you. The law came through Moses but grace and truth through Jesus Christ and of His grace we have all received, grace upon grace.

I challenge you to say you keep Christ's commandment to love the Lord your God with all your heart mind and soul and to love your neighbour as you love yourself....you do not keep His commandments
I am waiting for a reply from KR here...or shackles or streuthy

They state their case that salvation is by obeying the commandments and they do not even manage to leave a chip in the commands. If they live for a THOUSAND years they will be no closer to obeying Jesu's commands.

Therefore their salvation message is false.

CherubRam

Yahshua was known as Peniel, the (Angel of the Lord / Messenger of Yahwah.) Yahshua is the Messenger of the New Covenant.

God's Truth

I am waiting for a reply from KR here...or shackles or streuthy

They state their case that salvation is by obeying the commandments and they do not even manage to leave a chip in the commands. If they live for a THOUSAND years they will be no closer to obeying Jesu's commands.

Therefore their salvation message is false.

I have told you may times, but it must be hidden from your eyes, since you do not see it.

Have you searched for God?
Don't you know that Jesus says to admit you are a sinner, to confess your sins, and repent of them?
Don't you know you know that you are to humble yourself, and fear God?
Do you not know that you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven unless you forgive others?

God's Truth

What is wrong with you? Paul says for us to love.

1 Corinthians 8:3
But whoever loves God is known by God.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Corinthians 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

1 Corinthians 16:14 Do everything in love.

2 Corinthians 2:4 For I wrote you out of great distress and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to grieve you but to let you know the depth of my love for you.

2 Corinthians 6:6 in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love;

2 Corinthians 8:8 I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.

2 Corinthians 8:24 Therefore show these men the proof of your love and the reason for our pride in you, so that the churches can see it.

2 Corinthians 11:11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!

2 Corinthians 12:15 So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well. If I love you more, will you love me less?

Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

...and many more.

God's Truth

That is sort of comical. You are trying to prove that the Son is the Father when He unequivocally states that He is not.

John 14:23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

Two different persons.

How many Spirits is one given when saved?

CherubRam

Jesus is the Word, and the Word was and is God.

John 1:1

Greek:
en arche en ho logos kai ho logos en pros ton theon kai theos en ho logos

Interlinear:
en (in) arche (beginning) en (was) ho (the) logos (Word) kai (and) ho (the) logos (Word) en (was) pos (toward or with) ton (TON is a special definite article "the" meaning the one and only, it appears as TON instead of O in the Greek) theon (Divine Eternal) kai (and) theos (divine) en (was) ho (the) logos (Word)

In English we have:
In beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the (one or only) Divine Eternal, and divine was the Word.

The defining article "a" must be supplied for the English language, to define that there is another divine that is not the "Divine Eternal."

Why do translators drop off the definite article TON (the one or only) before Divine Eternal?

God's Truth

John 1:1

Greek:
en arche en ho logos kai ho logos en pros ton theon kai theos en ho logos

Interlinear:
en (in) arche (beginning) en (was) ho (the) logos (Word) kai (and) ho (the) logos (Word) en (was) pos (toward or with) ton (TON is a special definite article "the" meaning the one and only, it appears as TON instead of O in the Greek) theon (Divine Eternal) kai (and) theos (divine) en (was) ho (the) logos (Word)

In English we have:
In beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the (one or only) Divine Eternal, and divine was the Word.

The defining article "a" must be supplied for the English language, to define that there is another divine that is not the "Divine Eternal."

Why do translators drop off the definite article TON (the one or only) before Divine Eternal?

You will never learn God's Truth by studying Greek.

You have to realize that God brings His word to us in our language.