John 14:21 Comment

CherubRam

The translation "commandment" is erroneous.

John 14:21. KJ
He that hath My (commandments / directions) and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me; and he that loveth Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him.”

The Greek word (Entolas) in John 14:21 means (directions) or (precepts.) It does not mean (command-ed) or (commandment-s.)

The Greek word "ἐντολή" is Entole for command-ed - commandment-s.

Greek words.
Entolas means: direction-s or precept-s.

Entole means: command-s / ment-s.

Nomas, or Nomos means: Law-s.

Follow this link, click on John 14 and scroll down to verse 21: www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

KingdomRose

The incorrect translation implies that Christ is the one who gave the commandments, and so therefore is the Father Yahwah. Most likely a deliberate mistranslation to support the precept that God is a Trinity.

Even if he did say that the commandment was his, he always reinforced the idea that any commandment came from the Father. It was "his" in that he was teaching that commandment, but it originated with the Father. He would say, "If you are my friends, do what I say." (John 15:14) That is acceptable, seeing that he is the one who is teaching the people. But what he said was what the Father told him to say.

"I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say. And I know that HIS commandment is eternal life. So what I say, I say as the Father told me." (John 12:49,50, NAB)

Bradley D

entolé meaning an ordinance, injunction, command.

In John 14:20 Jesus said, "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."

And as Jesus said in John 10:30 "I and the Father are one." I believe Jesus the divine is speaking for His Father who is within Him.

CherubRam

Even if he did say that the commandment was his, he always reinforced the idea that any commandment came from the Father. It was "his" in that he was teaching that commandment, but it originated with the Father. He would say, "If you are my friends, do what I say." (John 15:14) That is acceptable, seeing that he is the one who is teaching the people. But what he said was what the Father told him to say.

"I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say. And I know that HIS commandment is eternal life. So what I say, I say as the Father told me." (John 12:49,50, NAB)

Christ is the WORD of God, but let us not confuse him as being the Father.

God's Truth

The translation "commandment" is erroneous.

John 14:21. KJ
He that hath My (commandments / directions) and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me; and he that loveth Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him.”

The Greek word (Entolas) in John 14:21 means (directions) or (precepts.) It does not mean (command-ed) or (commandment-s.)

The Greek word "ἐντολή" is Entole for command-ed - commandment-s.

Greek words.
Entolas means: direction-s or precept-s.

Entole means: command-s / ment-s.

Nomas, or Nomos means: Law-s.

Follow this link, click on John 14 and scroll down to verse 21: www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

You changing the word 'commandments' to 'teachings' does not change a thing.

They are God’s commands/TEACHINGS.

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

They are Jesus’ commands/TEACHINGS.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

God's Truth

GOD is our Savior.

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Jesus is our God and Savior:

Titus 2:13 King James Bible
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

God's Truth

God is the Redeemer
Psalm 78:35 They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer.

Jesus is the Redeemer
Luke 1:68
“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them.
Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”
Galatians 3:14
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

God's Truth

God is the Holy One.
Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Jesus is the Holy One.

Acts 3:14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.

God's Truth

God is our Rock.
Psalm 31:2
Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

Jesus is our Rock.
1 Corinthians 10:4
and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

God's Truth

God sends the Holy Spirit

Galatians 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." And John 14:26.

Jesus sends the Holy Spirit.

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." And John 15:26; 16:7.

God's Truth

God circumcises our hearts

Deuteronomy 30:6 The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

Jesus circumcises our hearts

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

God's Truth

You see, you were worried about the word 'commandments' showing us that Jesus is God; but you have more than that word to worry about.

All those scriptures I posted show us that Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.

They are One and the same.

God's Truth

It is God's works, and it is Jesus' works.

John 5:17 In his defense Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working."

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 10:37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.

God's Truth

Everything was made through Jesus

1 Corinthians 8:6

Everything was made through God the Father.

Romans 11:36
Hebrews 2:10

God's Truth

The Father draws men.

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Jesus draws men.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

The Father will raise up the dead.

Romans 4:17 As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed--the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.

1 Corinthians 6:14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also.

Jesus will raise up all believers in the last day

John 6:40 For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

The Father sanctifies us.

John 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

Christ sanctifies

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

CherubRam

GOD is our Savior.

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Jesus is our God and Savior:

Titus 2:13 King James Bible
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
You are not paying close attention to the wording.

Jude 1:25. KJV
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Titus 2:13. KJV