Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

God's Truth

Jesus said he came to fulfill. Jesus did what he came to do.

Jesus said it was finished.

Luke 24:44
He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 17:4
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

John 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

God's Truth

How Danoh and Jacob think that the rebuilding of an earthly temple and sacrificing animals again is something God wants, is a sad case of not respecting Jesus, in my humble opinion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Respectfully, I am well aware you are not sure what I am talking about.

How can you, you are tossed to and fro between a mainstream "Church" and a "Messianic" one; neither of which is consciously aware of the necessarily Dispensational aspects of some of each's respective teachings.

But, you have refused literature on the matter. It is what it is. It is what you continue to leave yourself susceptible to.

Fact is...

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Fact is, concerning Paul and thus, his Pauline Dispensationalism, that "a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" 1 Cor. 9:17.

That being...

Romans 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

Romans 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

I don't know what you are talking about in relation to the temple. My belief about the temple is not connected with yours.

As for the word dispensation, the Gentiles, and the belief that we are all to be obedient to God and Jesus Christ, the following. The word dispensation is found as you are aware, in scripture. But not seven dispensations. Gentiles are included in God's plan. Jew and Gentile can and have believed the gospel and become obedient to God and Christ Jesus in faith.

As for attending a church and a Messianic Congregation, my observance is Jewish and Christian. I attend an non-denominational church and I also observe the Sabbath and other Biblical or Jewish holy days.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I gave you scriptures that say it already happened! Jesus calls himself the temple WHEN HE WALKED THE EARTH.

No one observes the old law.

It is blasphemy to build an earthly temple and sacrifice animals to God.

Jesus is the sacrifice once and for all.

Jesus spoke of His own body as a temple. He also spoke of the destruction of the temple which occurred in AD 70. That is what I believe. Should we look to see if that is true?

Jesus' sacrifice is once for all. No one sacrifices Biblically today, because there is no temple so that makes sacrifice impossible according to the Law. The question then is simply if there will be a temple and sacrifice in the future, and what the nature of that would be (whether it would be good or bad, approved of God or not). That is the question.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How Danoh and Jacob think that the rebuilding of an earthly temple and sacrificing animals again is something God wants, is a sad case of not respecting Jesus, in my humble opinion.
I understand that is what you are driving at, but there is that question that does need to be answered. I am not closed to discussing it.

God's Truth

Jesus spoke of His own body as a temple. He also spoke of the destruction of the temple which occurred in AD 70. That is what I believe. Should we look to see if that is true?

Jesus' sacrifice is once for all. No one sacrifices Biblically today, because there is no temple so that makes sacrifice impossible according to the Law. The question then is simply if there will be a temple and sacrifice in the future, and what the nature of that would be (whether it would be good or bad, approved of God or not). That is the question.

It would not be approved by God.

Jesus is the temple.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said he came to fulfill. Jesus did what he came to do.

Jesus said it was finished.

Luke 24:44
He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 17:4
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

John 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
Was His work finished? The work which God gave Him to do? Was God's work finished?

I don't believe there was a delay or a postponement (of His (God's and Christ's or God's) kingdom).

Danoh

Jacob, that passage in your signature from John 1:40-41 in combination with the passages below it, shows how confused you are.

And who said anything about "seven dispensations" - I know I didn't - I hold to four only - Promise; Law; Grace; and Kingdom Fulness.

You are not only confused, but you take what little you read "about" Dispensationalism who knows how long ago, as being "what all Dispensationalists are talking about."

That is an observation, by the way; not an attempt at a put down of your person.

While I am at it; if some on here are so solid in the confidence in the Lord they profess they have; then why do they so easily take any observation, no matter how worded, as a personal put down?

I'll tell you why. Because their confidence is in what their fleshly mind tells them is the issue: them.

It is true that some apparantly haven't a clue as to plain old every day manners where difference in understanding arises between people.

But to assume a personal attack is always the case from one and all should they not see eye to eye with us, is a hallmark of having allowed the fleshly mind to "discern" what's what.

This is a hallmark typical of the works based mentality - even in those who assert "works is not for us."

These last types are merely parroting the words of others. They haven't really understood the issue to where what that understanding is meant to result in, in them, has resulted in that, in them - in a freedom from the need to seek out who they might engage in a bit of biting and devouring one another with.

Without that; their threads die out the death they had sought to bring by their need to bite and devour.

For it takes two sides engaged in such classless behavior for such a thread to continue in such classless behavior.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, that passage in your signature from John 1:40-41 in combination with the passages below it, shows how confused you are.

And who said anything about "seven dispensations" - I know I didn't - I hold to four only - Promise; Law; Grace; and Kingdom Fulness.

You are not only confused, but you take what little you read "about" Dispensationalism who knows how long ago, as being "what all Dispensationalists are talking about."

That is an observation, by the way; not an attempt at a put down of your person.

While I am at it; if some on here are so solid in the confidence in the Lord they profess they have; then why do they so easily take any observation, no matter how worded, as a personal put down?

I'll tell you why. Because their confidence is in what their fleshly mind tells them is the issue: them.

It is true that some apparantly haven't a clue as to plain old every day manners where difference in understanding arises between people.

But to assume a personal attack is always the case from one and all should they not see eye to eye with us, is a hallmark of having allowed the fleshly mind to "discern" what's what.

This is a hallmark typical of the works based mentality - even in those who assert "works is not for us."

These last types are merely parroting the words of others. They haven't really understood the issue to where what that understanding is meant to result in, in them, has resulted in that, in them - in a freedom from the need to seek out who they might engage in a bit of biting and devouring one another with.

Without that; their threads die out the death they had sought to bring by their need to bite and devour.

For it takes two sides engaged in such classless behavior for such a thread to continue in such classless behavior.

Many do not know dispensationalism boasts as many as seven dispensations. See: wikipedia dispensationalist theology.

KingdomRose

Regarding post #1082....Danoh.....

You are twisting what someone is saying. There is no burden involved in maintaining one's loyalty and love toward the Sovereign of the universe and His Son. If we maintain it now to the end, why would it be difficult to do after Armageddon? You act as if it would be a hard thing to do. If you love someone, you love them. And you will do what they want you to do. Just like Jesus did for his Father and his Father's instructions. Certainly if someone in the far future, after Armageddon, decided to be independent and act like Adam and Eve and Satan did, that would not be tolerated. It is up to each of us to continue to be friends with our King. When we are, we can keep living. Adam would still be here if he had obeyed God. We have eternal life, as long as we are obedient and loving regarding Jehovah.

Danoh

You are twisting what someone is saying. There is no burden involved in maintaining one's loyalty and love toward the Sovereign of the universe and His Son. If we maintain it now to the end, why would it be difficult to do after Armageddon? You act as if it would be a hard thing to do. If you love someone, you love them. And you will do what they want you to do. Just like Jesus did for his Father and his Father's instructions. Certainly if someone in the far future, after Armageddon, decided to be independent and act like Adam and Eve and Satan did, that would not be tolerated. It is up to each of us to continue to be friends with our King. When we are, we can keep living. Adam would still be here if he had obeyed God. We have eternal life, as long as we are obedient and loving regarding Jehovah.

Next time post a link to the post in question.

And, I did mention you may have had it right BEFORE you "came in contact with the JWs."

Thus, I am not surprised at where you are coming from this side of their "doctrines of devils."

For I do care about where you were and where you ended up - you need to be told you have ended up severely off from where you may have started.

You went by "what makes sense to me."

Always an error - Gen. 3:6.

The best to you as to a quick recovery from the ranks of them that are "taken captive by him (the Devil) at his will" 2 Tim. 2:26.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Another word from a dyed in the wool " Cultist!" Jws are a cult, pure and simple.

Danoh

Many do not know dispensationalism boasts as many as seven dispensations. See: wikipedia dispensationalist theology.

You continue to bring having to correct you upon yourself.

Quit relying on the straw arguments of men against Dispensationalism (economy, house rule, administration, stewardship).

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

1 Corinthians 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You continue to bring having to correct you upon yourself.

Quit relying on the straw arguments of men against Dispensationalism (economy, house rule, administration, stewardship).

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

1 Corinthians 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

There was a dispensation of the grace of God given to Paul. Otherwise I don't know what you are talking about. Why do you need to correct me in that? Are you a man or a woman? You said I am bringing correction upon myself that should not be there? I don't understand what you are saying.

I did not bring up a millennial temple, you did. It either fits with Premillennialism or Dispensationalism, of which I am neither. I don't know if there is another view, but yours is a dispensational view though you believe in four dispensations (the link I provided to the seven also speaks of four but the words or description is not the same).

I also don't know what you mean by straw arguments.