Jesus, Paul and the Law

God's Truth

John didn't say that, you did.

John said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" 1 John 1:8.

If you don't admit to being a sinner---then you never repented---then the truth is not in you---you were never saved.

You need to study harder and repent.

God's Truth

If you could obey God you would not be here on this fallen planet. You would be in heaven. Have you not noticed that God is absent from your life? Maybe you hear voices?

You said my preaching obedience is perverted. So tell me, all those times in the Bible where God says to obey, it is perversion?

Robert Pate

Banned
You said my preaching obedience is perverted. So tell me, all those times in the Bible where God says to obey, it is perversion?

The law was given to show you that you are a sinner.

"By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:10.

Only a Pharisee thinks that they can keep the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
Surely, the sincere attempt to keep the law must be the exercise of free will? Or is free will not powerful enough?

The Pharisees were professional religionist. What the law was to the Pharisee Jesus was to the New Testament Christian. The Pharisees even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. They even referred to the law as the way, the truth and the life. John took what the Pharisees said about the law and applied it to Jesus, John 14:6.

There is a lot of pride in law keeping. This is why Jesus fulfilled it, Matthew 5:18 and abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. Paul frequent said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith means to live by faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus. Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules or religion. It means to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. Those that live by rules, laws and religion are under a curse.

"For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

Paul said that the law was not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murders of fathers and murders of mothers, for manslayers, 1 Timothy 1:9.

God's Truth

We are spiritually "In Christ" now, however we are still on this fallen planet in our Adamic bodies that are sinful. We have not been totally sanctified and glorified yet, Romans 8:18-27.

You seem to think that you have already arrived.

The law of the Spirit means that God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ", but we are not "In Christ" yet. We are still here on this earth in our Adamic bodies that are sinful.

Did you just read how you said we are not in Christ and then we are in Christ.

You need to repent for preaching falseness.

God's Truth

The law demands perfection. You don't have it to offer. By trying to keep the law you have made yourself a hypocrite.

The new law that Jesus taught was about admitting you are a sinner, being sorry for it, and repenting of your sins, and forgiving others.

You said it is perversion to preach obedience.

Truster

The Pharisees were professional religionist. What the law was to the Pharisee Jesus was to the New Testament Christian. The Pharisees even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. They even referred to the law as the way, the truth and the life. John took what the Pharisees said about the law and applied it to Jesus, John 14:6.

There is a lot of pride in law keeping. This is why Jesus fulfilled it, Matthew 5:18 and abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. Paul frequent said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith means to live by faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus. Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules or religion. It means to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. Those that live by rules, laws and religion are under a curse.

"For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

Paul said that the law was not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murders of fathers and murders of mothers, for manslayers, 1 Timothy 1:9.

But you beleive in free will.

Truster

You said, "But you believe in free will" Like there is something wrong with that.

I said, "but you believe in free will" as an accusation that your free will does allow you to keep the law and be justified in doing so. Is your free will not powerful enough or not free enough?

Robert Pate

Banned
I said, "but you believe in free will" as an accusation that your free will does allow you to keep the law and be justified in doing so. Is your free will not powerful enough or not free enough?

Free will means that one has the power to make choices. It has nothing to do with determination. No one can keep the law, regardless of how determined they are. The law does not justify. "By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

God's Truth

Free will means that one has the power to make choices. It has nothing to do with determination. No one can keep the law, regardless of how determined they are. The law does not justify. "By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

You don't take into account on what was and used to be.

Truster

"Free will means that one has the power to make choices".

What is the point in making choices without fulfilling them? That makes free will just wishful thinking.

Robert Pate

Banned
Did you just read how you said we are not in Christ and then we are in Christ.

You need to repent for preaching falseness.

I said that we are NOW "In Christ" Spiritually, but we have not been glorified or totally sanctified yet. Read what the scripture says, Romans 8:16-27. You holiness people are always trying to bring the not yet, into the now.

Robert Pate

Banned
"Free will means that one has the power to make choices".

What is the point in making choices without fulfilling them? That makes free will just wishful thinking.

Hogwash!

I make plans and fulfill my plans every day. So does everybody else. You want to make the crown of God's creation some sort of a dumb robot.