Jesus is the same in both the Old and New Testament.

ThreeAngels

Jesus said that the Kingdom of God is within our own selves. (Luke 17:25) Therefore, we must do all we can to find admittance in heaven here while we still breathe the breath of life. To wait for the afterlife, we will be simply wasting our time because, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. Read II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.
I agree, we must sanctify ourselves through obedience to God in this life or we will not enter heaven.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the same in both the Old and New Testament.

May Christ Bless you, keep you and forever light your way.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

I agree, we must sanctify ourselves through obedience to God in this life or we will not enter heaven.

The only Heaven we have to enter is the heaven we make to ourselves while on earth by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) That's what Jesus said as the Jew that he was. Don't delude yourself with waking up in an Islamic heaven after you die and is buried. There is no evidence for that.

Ben Masada

I agree but that law is different and distinct from the 10 commandments. This ritual law, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. Then all the sacrificial offerings were to cease. It is this law that Christ “took . . . out of the way, nailing it to His cross.” Colossians 2:14. But concerning the law of Ten Commandments the psalmist declares, “Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven.” Psalm 119:89. And Christ Himself says, “Think not that I am come to destroy the law. . . . Verily I say unto you”— making the assertion as emphatic as possible— “Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Matthew 5:17, 18. Here He teaches, not merely what the claims of God’s law had been, and were then, but that these claims should hold as long as the heavens and the earth remain.

Okay, so you see distinction between the Law and the Decalogue. I have a question for you: What Law was Jesus referring to when he, teaching from the parable of the Richman and Lazarus, he warned us all to listen to "Moses" aka the Law.(Luke 16:29-31 What did he have in mind, the Law of the Decalogue or ritual laws?

Just another question, if you don't mind. In Romans 7:1-6, Paul made up an allegory about the widow who had achieved freedom with the death of her husband. Then Paul, from that allegory, taught his listeners that they were all released from the Law with the death of Jesus. What Law was he referring to in that allegory? The ritual laws or the the Law of the Decalogue? I advise you to read verse 7 before replying to my question because he himself identified his allegory with being about the Law of the Decalogue which proves his policy of Replacement Theology throughout the NT.

beameup

Okay, so you see distinction between the Law and the Decalogue. I have a question for you: What Law was Jesus referring to when he, teaching from the parable of the Richman and Lazarus, he warned us all to listen to "Moses" aka the Law.(Luke 16:29-31 What did he have in mind, the Law of the Decalogue or ritual laws?

The entire Torah speaks of the need to be saved from sin and the coming Savior of Israel.

beameup

You did not answer my question! At least, I expected you to say, "I don't know" and not interpolate something else alien to the issue in discussion.

And what question would that be? You mean, why did Jesus instruct them to look into Moses?
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. - John 5:39