"Jesus is not in a building" (scripture implies otherwise)

republicanchick

Protestants are always saying this when they hear about the Real Presence of Christ in the Catholic Church (24/7).

("Jesus is not in a building")

Well, here is an interesting scripture:

Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
my beloved in whom I delight;
I shall place my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
He will not contend or cry out

nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets.

A bruised reed he will not break,
a smoldering wick he will not quench,
until he brings justice to victory.
And in his name the Gentiles will hope

+

republicanchick

55 people came here and no one argued.

Well, that's a good sign

God says only those who do the will of the Father will make it to Heaven... and the will of God is in Christ and HIs Church

Jesus Himself is the will of God

and so we need His Presence...

___

republicanchick

Jesus is certainly not out inthe world at large... to speak of. He lives in some people who diligently follow Him... but there aren't too many of THOSE around

The Father is everywhere, but hey... b/c of sin, we have incurred His wrath...

and only JEsus can save us from that...

It is only the CHURCH Christ founded that cannot be overcome by Satan... (Mt 16:18) Everything else CAN be..

++++

HisServant

1.) It's customary to indicate the chapter and verse you are quoting and not make people go and research it... without verification.. that could be some verses you made up out of thin air and they need to be tested first.

2.) Your argument that "Jesus is a building" is tenuous at best because the Greek word ekklesia (from where we get the inaccurately translated word church) by default means an assembly meeting in the middle of town as summoned by a King to self assemble to deal with a particular problem (like defending against an invasion)... so the word church actually refers to the people and not an institution or building.

3.) As has been pointed out countless times... the RCC has no legitimate claim to actually being Jesus' church. There are actually some real hard questions that need to be answered about why God lied in the Old Testament and did not fulfill his promises to Israel as it comes to invaders.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Protestants are always saying this when they hear about the Real Presence of Christ in the Catholic Church (24/7).

Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
my beloved in whom I delight;
I shall place my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
He will not contend or cry out

A bruised reed he will not break,
a smoldering wick he will not quench,
until he brings justice to victory.
And in his name the Gentiles will hope

+
Turn on your spiritually blind eyeballs (Jb 42:5, Re 3:14-22). :eek:linger:

sad-blinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory [Matt. 12:17–20].

"“A bruised reed shall he not break”—no, He will instead bind up that “reed” who will let Him do so. “And smoking flax shall he not quench”—no, if that one continues to reject Him, the smoking flax will break out into the fire of judgment. The Lord won’t quench it because man has a free will." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Gospels (Matthew 1-13) (electronic ed., Vol. 34, p. 167). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

See:

Roman Catholicism

Aimiel

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus wasn't saying He'd build His church upon a single man, He was saying that His Kingdom is made up of believers who receive revelation knowledge just like Peter did: directly from God. That is what we do when we believe that Jesus is The Christ, The Son of The Living God. The 'rock' is revelation knowledge that He builds His Kingdom upon. It is in each of us. It is God revealing His Truth down in our spirit, our belly (heart). We follow Him because He shows us the way and lead us by His Spirit.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...His Kingdom is made up of believers who receive revelation knowledge just like Peter did: directly from God...

We are the church (Col. 1:24, Mt 18:20). When believers enter the building, it's a church. When they leave the building, it's no longer a church. It's just a building. Christians come back in--church. Leave--building again.

If a CAtholic :freak: falls in a forest and no one is there to hear his prayer, :blabla: was there a prayer? :eek:linger:

See:

No Praying the Rosary

Aimiel

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

We do not belong to ourselves. We are bought with a price. He owns us. No longer I live; Christ lives in me.

way 2 go

Mat 13:13 This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.