JESUS IS A MAN EXACTLY LIKE HIS BRETHERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

Let's just consider that you're some form of "Heretic" and leave it at that.

What I post is beyond your ability to understand GM. You don't appear to be chosen to know. Pray for understanding, it would be well worth your time to study the spiritual side of what is written.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
No, according to John, Jesus was God from the beginning. John 1:1
That's exactly what I am saying.

Where do you get this?
Paul does not write that Jesus was God's Anointed Son until after he mentions the crucifixion and resurrection.

Matthew says He is Emmanuel....God with us. Neither says he was "made".
I am confused. God supposedly "forms" all of us in the womb and I just accept the word "made" as a synonym for "formed."

And I thought Matthew only said "he will be CALLED Emmanuel." I have never found any evidence in the Bible that anyone ever called Jesus by that name.

No, where do you get this from.
From Mark, the first gospel written. When Jesus is being baptized by John the sky opens and God acknowledges for the first time that Jesus is his Son.

You should stick to the Bible and forget the books about the Bible.
I need new information--knowledge that pulls the rug out from under me and leaves me spinning. That's why I like going to Christian websites and learning all sorts of different and diverse ideas from the many posters on TOL. As you may have noticed right away, there are many contradictory and different ideas that are not literally found in the Bible.

I also try to become familiar with the studies of researchers throughout the years who know more about ancient history than I have been taught. And reading scholars who are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it leads them.

Don't you have a Bible dictionary and a Strong's Concordance? And possibly have a Greek translation of the LXX? Just because I depend on other's views (whether they wrote a book or offer a post on TOL) doesn't mean I leave the Bible in the dust.

The Bible is all we have as a reference. We have to start there and nowhere else. It contains the history, theologies, legends and myths that tell us the absolute truth of our Christian faith. Anyone worth their salt has to find their bedrock evidence, facts, data and faith beliefs in the Bible and nowhere else.

Later, reading other histories of the time, we can deepen and enrich our faith. For example, I had never run across anything in church that talked about the Roman-Jewish War in the 70s. So that tells me that there was a lot of conflict and confrontation during Jesus's day between the Jews and the Roman Empire. By knowing that fact, I can understand a little more about Jesus's being condemned and put to death. And why the Romans in Jerusalem were so fixated on crowd control during the Passover festival.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I like to look carefully at what is actually IN the Bible before I try and discover what the passage meant to the author(s) who wrote it. Compare verses carefully and you will see how the oral tradition developed through time.

I did years of study in my old church of the New Testament using what is called a "Parallel Bible." It allowed me to finally compare and contrast the gospels side-by-side. We had to deal with the discrepancies and contradictions.

Mark was the earliest gospel written, for Matthew and Luke followed his order of events and changed the content occasionally to fit their own agenda. The first thing I noticed was that Mark says Jesus said "Blessed are the poor" (Or as the SV translates it, "Congratulations, you poor!").

But Matthew changes that slightly to read "Blessed are the poor in spirit. Obviously Matthew's community of believers found the original literal saying too difficult. There was a horrific explosion of poverty around that time and it probably got too difficult to maintain Jesus's hard standards of brotherly love. So Matthew added a phrase to lessen the original saying's bite.

keypurr

That's exactly what I am saying.

Paul does not write that Jesus was God's Anointed Son until after he mentions the crucifixion and resurrection.

I am confused. God supposedly "forms" all of us in the womb and I just accept the word "made" as a synonym for "formed."

And I thought Matthew only said "he will be CALLED Emmanuel." I have never found any evidence in the Bible that anyone ever called Jesus by that name.

From Mark, the first gospel written. When Jesus is being baptized by John the sky opens and God acknowledges for the first time that Jesus is his Son.

I need new information--knowledge that pulls the rug out from under me and leaves me spinning. That's why I like going to Christian websites and learning all sorts of different and diverse ideas from the many posters on TOL. As you may have noticed right away, there are many contradictory and different ideas that are not literally found in the Bible.

I also try to become familiar with the studies of researchers throughout the years who know more about ancient history than I have been taught. And reading scholars who are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it leads them.

Don't you have a Bible dictionary and a Strong's Concordance? And possibly have a Greek translation of the LXX? Just because I depend on other's views (whether they wrote a book or offer a post on TOL) doesn't mean I leave the Bible in the dust.

The Bible is all we have as a reference. We have to start there and nowhere else. It contains the history, theologies, legends and myths that tell us the absolute truth of our Christian faith. Anyone worth their salt has to find their bedrock evidence, facts, data and faith beliefs in the Bible and nowhere else.

Later, reading other histories of the time, we can deepen and enrich our faith. For example, I had never run across anything in church that talked about the Roman-Jewish War in the 70s. So that tells me that there was a lot of conflict and confrontation during Jesus's day between the Jews and the Roman Empire. By knowing that fact, I can understand a little more about Jesus's being condemned and put to death. And why the Romans in Jerusalem were so fixated on crowd control during the Passover festival.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I like to look carefully at what is actually IN the Bible before I try and discover what the passage meant to the author(s) who wrote it. Compare verses carefully and you will see how the oral tradition developed through time.

I did years of study in my old church of the New Testament using what is called a "Parallel Bible." It allowed me to finally compare and contrast the gospels side-by-side. We had to deal with the discrepancies and contradictions.

Mark was the earliest gospel written, for Matthew and Luke followed his order of events and changed the content occasionally to fit their own agenda. The first thing I noticed was that Mark says Jesus said "Blessed are the poor" (Or as the SV translates it, "Congratulations, you poor!").

But Matthew changes that slightly to read "Blessed are the poor in spirit. Obviously Matthew's community of believers found the original literal saying too difficult. There was a horrific explosion of poverty around that time and it probably got too difficult to maintain Jesus's hard standards of brotherly love. So Matthew added a phrase to lessen the original saying's bite.

May I suggest you go and get a great free Bible program on the web? E-sword is a great one and a lot of the translations are either free or cheap.

Www.e-sword.com

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus had a beginning in Bethlehem.
He was not at the creation, mankind came many years later.
He is the Son of God. He was at creation.

Colossians 1:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you saying that the Bible is in error and that Jesus was not born in Bethlehem to Mary?

No, you are saying that it is in error.

John 17:4-5 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

It was in having Christ and His saints in mind that the Father created those things.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

You need the Lords guidance when reading Gods word.

LA

keypurr

So you think he was not born in Bethlehem also.

Colossians is not about the man Jesus, its about the spirit in him.

You will never see the truth if you can not see the spirit son that God sent from heaven.

God is a spirit, his express image son is also a spirit. Time to wake up BR.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was in having Christ and His saints in mind that the Father created those things.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

You need the Lords guidance when reading Gods word.

LA
Really?

Colossians 1:15-19New King James Version (NKJV)

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,

keypurr

Keypurr should know by now that some of the folks on TOL do not have the ability to think outside their church box. They are just not equipped to do that. But I will not give up expressing the thoughts that were given to me to share.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you think he was not born in Bethlehem also.

Colossians is not about the man Jesus, its about the spirit in him.

You will never see the truth if you can not see the spirit son that God sent from heaven.

God is a spirit, his express image son is also a spirit. Time to wake up BR.

You don't understand the hypostatic union.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Keypurr should know by now that some of the folks on TOL do not have the ability to think outside their church box. They are just not equipped to do that. But I will not give up expressing the thoughts that were given to me to share.

No. It's just that, sane people have difficulty understanding, "Insane
theories/ideas."

Status
Not open for further replies.