iTunes - an exercise in futility

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I just want to say that iTunes has proven itself to be a sorry excuse for an online enterprise.

It looked promising at first, a good idea, attractive, user friendly software, but now that I have wasted an entire evening trying to download a song that they wrongfully charged me for, trying to tackle at least 5 different error messages and failing to find any form of useful help at all, you all can bet that I'm going to rip them a new one as soon as I can get on the phone with them tomorrow during business hours.

Do yourselves a favor; don't bother wasting your time with iTunes.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
None of the music "dollar stores" on the Internet right now interest me at all. Too many restrictions. :nono:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
And still this morning it would not work. But they didn't have a problem charging my account right away. I'm so fired up....I can't wait to get out of this class and call them at lunch......they're going to get torn apart. They are either going to fix it or give me my money back. You don't charge someone and then give them nothing! This is a sorry excuse for business! Computer illiterate people are supposed to be able to do this.

Lunchtime is going to be so awesome.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
They wasted my entire evening last night. I am thoroughly mad.

I thought I would like it. If it worked correctly, and if the website made it easy to solve problems I would probably like it.

PureX

I use iTunes all the time. It works perfectly for me. And I like the 99 cents per song set-up. I won't subscribe to those other services for two reasons; one is that they want me to sign up and let them take money from me BEFORE I can use their service and see what they have to offer. What kind of idiot would pay a store just to walk in the door? Yet that's how they set it up. And then they want to keep charging me even if I don't want any of their songs. And worse then that, many of those subscriber sites are only charging you to connect you to other subscriber's computers. You're actually downloading the songs from other people, which means the music files will be riddled with viruses.

So let's add it up. You pay before you can even look. You pay regardles of whether or not you want a song. And when you do download a song, it's likely to be infected with viruses.

Ahhhhh - no thanks.

At iTunes I pay only for the song I want, and the file comes from Apple, not from someone else's computer. AND, I can browse and sample the songs all I want, for free.

I don't know why you were having trouble downloading, but it wasn't because of the iTunes site. Millions of people use it every day without problems.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
What kind of idiot would pay a store just to walk in the door?
I'll tell you what kind of idiot. The kind of idiot that shops at Sam's Club or Costco or BJ's Wholesale club.

I don't know why you were having trouble downloading, but it wasn't because of the iTunes site. Millions of people use it every day without problems.
I am sure there is a real simple fix to this; but I was unable to find it on their pathetic customer service site. Yet they had no problem charging my card right away for the song I did not get. That's like walking into Target, handing the cashier money, and just being told to leave without buying anything.

On Fire

Walmart.com is my main source for downloaded music. 88 cents per song and no software to install (be sure to click on the "original service" link). Never had a problem with them.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
yeah I just went ahead and gave up. I have been unable to get any help from Apple, and have sent two eforms for service. I deleted the program. When the customer service people email me back, I'll get a refund for that song. I only wish I could get a refund for the hours of time I wasted on this.

I could have read, flew Microsoft Flight Sim, watched 4 movies, etc.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's a drop in the bucket compaired to all the time I'd waste trying to maintain my PC (cleaning off malware, defragging, etc).

I think that's why granite laughed when you said, "I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SUFFER WITH INCONVENIENCE just because I am a PC user." You could have just as easily directed that complaint toward Microsoft. It comes with the territory.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I was laughing more at his "this is communism!" rant.

October? Do yourself a favor and buy a Mac. You'll feel better about yourself, life in general, and your fellow man.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.