ECT Israel's Promised Kingdom

Cross Reference

That's what Jesus said, "in your midst"

NASB Luke17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

NKJV ... the kingdom of God is within you.”

In other words, one need not look beyond himself, when the time comes, to understand where the "coming kingdom " of God will reside. cf John 20:22 to understand that that is the starting point for one to enter into it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Matthew 19:28 NKJV)

And I bestow upon you a kingdom just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:29-30 NKJV)​

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
fulfilled. literal. it happened. It was already completed in the the foreknowledge of God.

Zec 9:10 is a continuation of the same sentence from vs 9.
Has it also been fulfilled or is it yet future and is is just as literal as the beginning of the sentence in vs 9?

Zec 9:10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen[nations/gentiles]: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.

turbosixx

In other words, one need not look beyond himself, when the time comes, to understand where the "coming kingdom " of God will reside. cf John 20:22 to understand that that is the starting point for one to enter into it.

If you will notice the "coming kingdom" is before Jesus' DBR. After we see them teaching the kingdom but not a coming kingdom or a kingdom at hand.

Acts 28:30 Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, 31 preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him.

If Jesus hasn't established his kingdom, please tell me how you see this verse?
Col.1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I keep seeing a lot of references to Israel’s future kingdom. I have been wondering what you envision it to be.

Uh, read the prophets. The Lord Jesus Christ referenced it all the time. If you look it up online, many Bible sites have the footnote linked to the "Old Testament" where the Lord was preaching.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Matthew 19:28 NKJV)

And I bestow upon you a kingdom just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:29-30 NKJV)​

Yep!

Isa 1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

NASB Luke17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Since you believe that Luke 17:20 is the fulfillment of Eze 37:28 and that GOD's sanctuary is now in the midst of the land of Israel, do you now know and understand that GOD sanctifies/sets apart Israel for Himself according to Eze 37:28 or is this something that you have yet to realize?

Cross Reference

Zec 9:10 is a continuation of the same sentence from vs 9.
Has it also been fulfilled or is it yet future and is is just as literal as the beginning of the sentence in vs 9?

Zec 9:10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen[nations/gentiles]: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.

I gave you my answer. There is nothing more to say unless you are determined to make it fit some per doctrine you have. With that, you are on your own. What did Jesus say to Nicodemus in Jn 3:3-5? Is it not the same Kingdom?

Cross Reference

If you will notice the "coming kingdom" is before Jesus' DBR. After we see them teaching the kingdom but not a coming kingdom or a kingdom at hand.

Acts 28:30 Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, 31 preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him.

If Jesus hasn't established his kingdom, please tell me how you see this verse?
Col.1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

So what? Are they not the same in substance?? Is not His life in me the same as His life in Himself??

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

The Kingdom of Messiah was at hand and to the Pharisees who asked Christ the question, He was definitely not saying that the Kingdom was within them. He was saying that because of their hardness of heart which resulted in their blindness, they could not see that the promised Messiah was now standing in their midst. He had already told them that they would not receive any further sign than His resurrection.

Obviously, when the King returns and the Kingdom actually comes to earth, it will be glaringly visible and observable:

Luk 17:24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.
Luk 17:25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

Luk 21:25 "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Luk 21:27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

Mat 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
Mat 25:32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I gave you my answer. There is nothing more to say unless you are determined to make it fit some per doctrine you have. With that, you are on your own. What did Jesus say to Nicodemus in Jn 3:3-5? Is it not the same Kingdom?

I take Zech 9:10 just as literally as Zech 9:9.
The difference is that half of the sentence vs 9 has been literally fulfilled at the first coming of Christ and the last half of the sentence vs 10 will be literally fulfilled at Christ's second coming.

Cross Reference

I take Zech 9:10 just as literally as Zech 9:9.
The difference is that half of the sentence vs 9 has been literally fulfilled at the first coming of Christ and the last half of the sentence vs 10 will be literally fulfilled at Christ's second coming.

Good. I am happy for you. To me since it doesn't add to my discipleship data base, I am really not that interested.

turbosixx

The Kingdom of Messiah was at hand and to the Pharisees who asked Christ the question, He was definitely not saying that the Kingdom was within them. He was saying that because of their hardness of heart which resulted in their blindness, they could not see that the promised Messiah was now standing in their midst. He had already told them that they would not receive any further sign than His resurrection.

Obviously, when the King returns and the Kingdom actually comes to earth, it will be glaringly visible and observable:

Luk 17:24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.
Luk 17:25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

Luk 21:25 "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Luk 21:27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

Mat 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
Mat 25:32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.

I see what your saying but too much points to his kingdom being established at his DBR.

Like Daniel's prophecy. Jesus lived and died during the Roman empire.
Dan.2:44 In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.

While here he said his kingdom was at hand. He said some would not taste of death until they saw him come in his kingdom. Paul continued to preach the kingdom and said we were transferred to it.

When I see Jesus describe the kingdom, he is not talking about a physical kingdom. When we look at the OT and what God wanted the kingdom of his people to look like, it wasn’t what man wanted. They wanted to be like other nations. 1 Sam.8.

Also, we must keep in mind who is true Israel.
Rom. 9:6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; 7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham's descendants, but: "through Isaac your descendants will be named." 8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.
Gal. 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

Phil. 3:2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision; 3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh

A physical kingdom would profit Israel nothing compared to what we have in Christ.

Last edited:

Interplanner

The last point above is very important because without that you leave behind the spirituality of the NT, and force everything to have two levels--one of which we now know is rejected as carnal! Otherwise the mature or spiritual form would not be mature!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A physical kingdom would profit Israel nothing compared to what we have in Christ.

It's not supposed to. The millennial Sabbath is a day of rest, not a day of salvation. However, a new covenant is promised to Israel and Judah and so it will be.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Can you speak of what/how this new covenant will be worded/contain?

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
Jer 31:38 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.