Isaiah 11:6 KJV - since when was it wolf and lamb?!

John Mortimer

Hi folks,

Isaiah 11:6 is the famous verse that speaks of a future time when the lion shall lay down with the lamb, right? WRONG! According to my KJV it's "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb".

Was it always "wolf" not "lion"?! Was it not "lie down" or "lay down"? For sure now it's "dwell with".

I know I haven't posted here for years but I can think of nowhere better to ask about this.

beameup

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
and the leopard shall lie down with the kid;
and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
and a little child shall lead them. King James Version

And the wolf will dwell with the lamb,
And the leopard will lie down with the young goat,
And the calf and the young lion will feed together;
And a little boy will lead them. New American Standard

And the wolf shall live with the lamb;
and the leopard shall lie with the kid;
and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
and a little boy shall lead them. Hebraic Roots Bible

John Mortimer

Thank you, Beameup...

So, it is not just the KJV, it is also, significantly, the Hebraic Roots Bible and no doubt many others.

Can anyone tell me then, where in the Bible is the verse that speaks of the lion lying down with the lamb?

beameup

Thank you, Beameup...

So, it is not just the KJV, it is also, significantly, the Hebraic Roots Bible and no doubt many others.

Can anyone tell me then, where in the Bible is the verse that speaks of the lion lying down with the lamb?

Try Isaiah 65

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
People know there is a verse that speaks of the Lion lying down with the Lamb, right??

Where has it gone?

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them. Is 11:6

The Mandela Effect is false.

See:

CERN

Are you a pothead? :zman:

"Smoking marijuana can change users' DNA — and the mutations are then passed on to their children, new research shows..." Full text: New Study Shows Marijuana Can Alter DNA, Create Mutations

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People know there is a verse that speaks of the Lion lying down with the Lamb, right??

Where has it gone?
It's one of those sayings that got started somewhere and too many folks didn't check it out before repeating it.
The Christmas card industry hasn't helped, as they often use that saying with a pic of lamb and lion laying down together.

Same goes with "three wise men".
Scripture does not say how many wise men came.
But again, artwork has led folks to accept a falsehood.

And that Eve ate the forbidden "apple".
Scripture does not say "apple".
But that is what is usually depicted in artwork.

Same with Noah and the ark.
Artwork depicts only two of each kind of animal.
But scripture says 7 of the clean kinds were taken into the ark.

Don't trust artwork (especially RCC artwork).
They present an extortion and highly exaggerated story that goes beyond scripture and sometimes falsifies scripture.

John Mortimer

Ok - so you two at least are saying that there never was a scripture anywhere in the OT that spoke of the Lion lying down with the lamb.

This is not an impression I have gained from artwork. I have read that verse many times and was fairly sure it was Isaiah 11:6, but absolutely certain it was Isaiah.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok - so you two at least are saying that there never was a scripture anywhere in the OT that spoke of the Lion lying down with the lamb.
Right.
I usually correct folks that say it.

While it may express the same concept (of animals that were predators are no longer), it is not what scripture says.