• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Is volcanism and the earth's surface radioactivity evidence of the Flood? yes or no.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hydroelectric power?
No.
If gravity was the cause of the force water has to turn the turbines, it wouldn't matter how low the water got.
But this is not the case...
https://www.hcn.org/articles/hydrop...dams?msclkid=2648ff42c02b11eca374a0c21ffdfa03

Yet dry times still do impact hydropower production because the lower the reservoir, the less force the water has to turn the turbines. Lake Mead’s “dead pool” — the level at which it could no longer turn the turbines — was once 1,050 feet, about 25 feet below what it is now (and a level that is not in the cards at least for a few more years). But new wide-head turbines have been installed over the last decade, which lowers dead pool to about 950 feet, thus extending Hoover’s hydropower life for a while.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Or maybe the folks who thought gravity might help their position could now admit that bacon ain't flying here today.🤔

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
No.
If gravity was the cause of the force water has to turn the turbines, it wouldn't matter how low the water got.
But this is not the case...
https://www.hcn.org/articles/hydrop...dams?msclkid=2648ff42c02b11eca374a0c21ffdfa03
What proposition exactly do you think your link proves or supports? That gravity isn't involved in hydroelectric power? I didn't see that in the link.
Yet dry times still do impact hydropower production because the lower the reservoir, the less force the water has to turn the turbines.
Why did you make this bold? The lower the reservoir's level the lower the pressure at the bottom of it.
Lake Mead’s “dead pool” — the level at which it could no longer turn the turbines — was once 1,050 feet, about 25 feet below what it is now (and a level that is not in the cards at least for a few more years). But new wide-head turbines have been installed over the last decade, which lowers dead pool to about 950 feet, thus extending Hoover’s hydropower life for a while.
That sounds like good news. What is your point? How is this evidence against gravity, or against gravity being a force?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What proposition exactly do you think your link proves or supports? That gravity isn't involved in hydroelectric power? I didn't see that in the link.

Why did you make this bold? The lower the reservoir's level the lower the pressure at the bottom of it.

That sounds like good news. What is your point? How is this evidence against gravity, or against gravity being a force?
I applaud your persistence

I just shook my head and walked away

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
"If gravity was the cause of the force water has to turn the turbines, it wouldn't matter how low the water got."

How do you figure that? A water column 33 feet tall exerts a 14.7 PSI pressure at its bottom. Double the column height, double the pressure at the bottom. Higher the pressure, faster those turbines spin. Lower the pressure, maybe the turbine won't spin at all.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
With flat Earthers, the question that exposes them is the simplest one: Why?

Why is the Earth flat?
Try to stay on point.
Why does the devastation to the hydro plate theory, due to gravity not being a force, have you talkin' about the shape of the earth?

Last edited: