Is this Jehovah?

6days

Does the following statement describe the God of the Bible? Or is the following statement of faith describing a different 'god'?
"I believe in a God who can learn, imagine, grow, and take us to places even He has not yet conceived of. I like my God"

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Does the following statement describe the God of the Bible? Or is the following statement of faith describing a different 'god'?
"I believe in a God who can learn, imagine, grow, and take us to places even He has not yet conceived of. I like my God"

For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14 NKJV)​

Nanja

No. On the contrary.

The True God declares:

Is. 46:9-10
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying,
My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

~~~~~

KingdomRose

The answer to the question is NO. The God of the Bible, Jehovah, knows all there is to know, even though at times He chooses not to know what an individual might do. It's His prerogative. But He has unlimited power, and I don't think there is anything He hasn't imagined. He couldn't grow any more. He is not lacking anything.

I like my God, too. Jehovah, the Most High. (Psalm 83:18, KJV)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't have any major problems with that statement on its own.

I probably wouldn't say any of these things without serious context though.