Is Jesus eternal?

Is Jesus eternal?

• Total voters

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. (1 Timothy 1:17 NKJV)​

oatmeal

Eternal? As in Romans 6:23, God gave to us the gift of eternal life.

Eternal as in always existed, past and present and future?

Have you always existed, past and present and future?

Or do you mean everlasting?

Ie, had a beginning yet will live forevermore.

Do you know the difference?

Now you do.

Zeke

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. (1 Timothy 1:17 NKJV)​

Yep, Luke 17:20-21, that voice wasn't born of flesh like you have been taught by Rome Galatians 4:24, it happens within Galatians 1:12.

KingdomRose

That speaks of THE FATHER, Jehovah, whom Jesus said was "the only true God." (John 17:3)

:wave2: Hel-lo-o.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
WHY do you completely ignore the Father? He is "the only true God," according to Jesus' own words. (John 17:3) Yet you post things that don't include Him at all. Tell me, why is that?

:rolleyes:

I don't. I claim him to be co-eternal with the Son and the Holy Spirit.

KingdomRose

Eternal? As in Romans 6:23, God gave to us the gift of eternal life.

Eternal as in always existed, past and present and future?

Have you always existed, past and present and future?

Or do you mean everlasting?

Ie, had a beginning yet will live forevermore.

Do you know the difference?

Now you do.

I agree with your point. I voted "no" because Jesus had a beginning, which the early church fathers conceded. He was called "the begotten," and the Father (God) was called "the un-begotten."

Jesus had a beginning, but he is now immortal. (I Timothy 6:16) He is now everlasting.

Clear scriptures that show that Jesus had a beginning (clear until Raven twists them around)....

"No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten god who is in the bosom of the Father, he [Jesus] has explained Him [the Father]." (John 1:18, NASB)

"For God [the Father] so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16, NASB)

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." (Colossians 1:15, NASB)

"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen [Jesus], the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this." (Revelation 3:14, NASB)

Now, these verses are crystal clear. They show that Jesus was the first thing created, by God alone. That is why Jesus is called the "only-begotten." Everything else was created through Jesus. (But Raven will sabotage all of the truth that is presented here, and take readers on a trip out into left field. I have to shake the dust off my feet.)

KingdomRose

Yes.

Revelation 1

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

No...that is the Father, Jehovah, who is referred to there. The one that Jesus called "my God," (John 20:17; Rev.3:12) and "the only true God." (John 17:3)

Jehovah is "the Almighty."

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with your point. I voted "no" because Jesus had a beginning, which the early church fathers conceded. He was called "the begotten," and the Father (God) was called "the un-begotten."

Jesus had a beginning, but he is now immortal. (I Timothy 6:16) He is now everlasting.

Clear scriptures that show that Jesus had a beginning (clear until Raven twists them around)....

"No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten god who is in the bosom of the Father, he [Jesus] has explained Him [the Father]." (John 1:18, NASB)

"For God [the Father] so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16, NASB)

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." (Colossians 1:15, NASB)

"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen [Jesus], the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this." (Revelation 3:14, NASB)

Now, these verses are crystal clear. They show that Jesus was the first thing created, by God alone. That is why Jesus is called the "only-begotten." Everything else was created through Jesus. (But Raven will sabotage all of the truth that is presented here, and take readers on a trip out into left field. I have to shake the dust off my feet.)

Raven twists nothing. You twist John 1:1 to fit your cultish beliefs. A question. Did you at sometime before your association with the Jehovah's witnesses believe in the triunity of God?

KingdomRose

Raven twists nothing. You twist John 1:1 to fit your cultish beliefs. A question. Did you at sometime before your association with the Jehovah's witnesses believe in the triunity of God?

I have explained John 1:1 and you continue to throw it out there like it was written in gold that the Word was Almighty God (which John 1:1 does not say).

To answer your question, no, I did not believe that the Father and the Son were equal, and the Holy Spirit was never a person to me. In fact, the first reason I had to respect JWs was the fact that they recognized the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have explained John 1:1 and you continue to throw it out there like it was written in gold that the Word was Almighty God (which John 1:1 does not say).

To answer your question, no, I did not believe that the Father and the Son were equal, and the Holy Spirit was never a person to me. In fact, the first reason I had to respect JWs was the fact that they recognized the Father.
John 1:1 according to the Believers Bible Commentary.

He did not have a beginning Himself, but existed for all eternity. As far as the human mind can go back, the Lord Jesus was there. He never was created. He had no beginning. The Word was with God. He had a separate and distinct personality. He was not just an idea, a thought or some vague kind of example, but a real person who lived with God. The Word was God. He not only dwelt with God, He was God.

The Bible teaches that there is one God and that there are three persons in the Godhead - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. All three of these persons are God. In this verse two of the persons of the Godhead are mentioned - God the Father and God the Son. It is the first of many clear statements in this Gospel the Jesus Christ is God. It is not enough to say that he is "a god," that He is godlike or that He is divine. The bible teaches that He is God.

1 John 1:1-2King James Version (KJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Now what is it about eternal that you do not understand?