Is it true that those who do not have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them are not saved?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why would anyone want to take the chance?

The evidence of receiving the Holy Ghost is speaking in tongues.

Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

The gift of the Holy Ghost is eternal life.
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Speaking in tongues would be an evidence of the Holy Spirit and salvation. But not everyone with the Holy Spirit speaks in tongues.

See 1 Corinthians 12.

1 Corinthians 12:30 NASB - 30 All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they?

iamaberean

Speaking in tongues would be an evidence of the Holy Spirit and salvation. But not everyone with the Holy Spirit speaks in tongues.

See 1 Corinthians 12.

1 Corinthians 12:30 NASB - 30 All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they?

There is a difference between 'gifts of the Spirit' (plural) and gift of God (singular). Every one who is born again of the water and the Spirit will speak in tongues.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is a difference between 'gifts of the Spirit' (plural) and gift of God (singular). Every one who is born of the water and the Spirit will speak in tongues.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

You are incorrect according to the scripture I just showed you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you agree that no one was ever saved by observing the commands found in the Law? Obedience to the Law saved and saves no one. Yet the Law still is, though there was time before the giving of the Law as well.

Different people have had faith at different times in human history. The question is if before the cross or death burial and resurrection (appearing and ascension?) of Christ anyone had the Spirit of God dwelling in them. Romans 8:9.

Study the OT temple to understand the different places of salvation.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shalom.

I do not know what you mean. I do not know what you mean by this.

Shalom.

Jacob

1.worshippers at the door.

2.Priests within who are allowed into the Holy Place.(also worshippers)

3.The most Holy Place where Christ had entered after His resurrection.

The worshippers of the first Holy Place are spared the trampling,

but those outside will be trampled under foot in the time of the end--

Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Read Ezekiel ch 9.

Then go to the 5th trumpet of Rev.ch 9.

LA

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1.worshippers at the door.

2.Priests within who are allowed into the Holy Place.(also worshippers)

3.The most Holy Place where Christ had entered after His resurrection.

The worshippers of the first Holy Place are spared the trampling,

but those outside will be trampled under foot in the time of the end--

Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Read Ezekiel ch 9.

Then go to the 5th trumpet of Rev.ch 9.

LA

Shalom. Should we talk or discuss what you have said here? I have read your post and the scripture that you have referred to (as well). Shalom.

Jacob