Is it not written in your law "ye are gods" (elohim)?

beameup

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, make thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods [elohim]? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blaspheme; because I said, I am the Son of God? - John 10:33-36

I have said, Ye are gods [elohim] ; and all of you are children of the most High. - Psalm 82:6

elohim אֱלֹהִים ʼĕlôhîym can be translated "exalted beings"

Last edited:

CherubRam

Elohiym from the Aramaic: (God or gods) / of the / (Living) / (one-s / many / beings.)

Most likely: (God of the Living ones.)

beameup

Elohim has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the elohim he holds judgment

Psalm 82:1

oatmeal

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, make thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods [elohim]? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blaspheme; because I said, I am the Son of God? - John 10:33-36

I have said, Ye are gods [elohim] ; and all of you are children of the most High. - Psalm 82:6

elohim אֱלֹהִים ʼĕlôhîym can be translated "exalted beings"

Indeed it is written that God refers to humans are gods. Being called god or God therefore does not make any human, including Jesus Christ, the son of God, to be the God.

When trins realize these truths, they will have really learned something.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Being called god or God therefore does not make any human, including Jesus Christ, the son of God, to be the God.

Good point. And being called the Son of Man does not make him a man, right?