is immorality THE sign of the end ?

way 2 go

is immorality the sign of the end ?

we have had lots of wars and rumors of wars that must have seemed like the end
but we have not had in the last 2000ish years world wide immorality like we do today.

Mat 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

war was not a sign for Lot or Noah.

Luk 17:28 Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building,
Luk 17:29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all

Mat 24:37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

immorality or sin was what led to destruction.

Gen 6:5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

oatmeal

No, immorality had been in practice for thousands of years

It is not our opinion of how immoral society is that matters, but God's judgment is what matters.

way 2 go

No, immorality had been in practice for thousands of years
has immorality been at Sodom's level for the last 2000 yrs ?

It is not our opinion of how immoral society is that matters, but God's judgment is what matters.
why did Jesus use Noah's time as an example ? or lot's time as an example ?

Mat 24:37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

oatmeal

has immorality been at Sodom's level for the last 2000 yrs ?

why did Jesus use Noah's time as an example ? or lot's time as an example ?

I have no idea.

I do not keep track of such things

It is not within my physical, mental and spiritual capabilities to keep track of such things

I did not live back then and the hundreds of years to now.

How could I possibly know?

However, there is one who is all knowing.

If God put that information in His written logos, then we can know

If not, it is none of my business unless God makes it my business.

Well, if God rains fire on a city then we have something to go on, but that has not happened.

Well, I have not seen any indication that God will allow a flood to cover the earth again. God said He would not let that happen again.

However, the condition of men at those two events are the key.

all that is God's business.

I would rather focus on today's challenges, I am not to get anxious about the future.

Matthew 6:34

glorydaz

but we have not had in the last 2000ish years world wide immorality like we do today.

Mat 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

Luk 17:28 Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building,
Luk 17:29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all

Gen 6:5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

Well, it's shocking me, and I lived through the 60's.

You make a good point way 2 go. It's pretty bad when people are changing their sexual identity with surgery and drugs, when people are calling evil good and good evil. :nono:

way 2 go

Well, it's shocking me, and I lived through the 60's.

You make a good point way 2 go. It's pretty bad when people are changing their sexual identity with surgery and drugs, when people are calling evil good and good evil. :nono:

abortion everywhere

adultery , used to be a crime.

marijuana (and other drugs) and prostitution all becoming legal almost everywhere .

the internet is full of every perversion ever thought of.

everyone is doing what is right in their own eyes.

Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Rev 22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

oatmeal

Romans 6:23

The wages of sin is death.

Immorality is the cause of the end of some people's lives

way 2 go

I wonder if this will start happening ,

Act 2:17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;

to be honest I have recently had a dream that came true
about 2 weeks after I dreamed it .

KingdomRose

We have not had world wars throughout history. The first one was in 1914. Don't you think that Jesus would've been referring to THAT kind of war? Something that would really stand out? I think that is reasonable. That was truly part of the sign of the end of the system of things.

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes." (Matt.24:7, NASB)

We have seen world war since 1914 and also continuous famine (people going hungry even in this United States), as well as earthquakes, one after the other. Famine and earthquakes might not be unprecedented (even though some say that the extent of each is indeed unprecedented), but Jesus simply said they would be occurring in the time of the end.

The point about Lot and Noah was not that they saw the signs that Jesus spoke about. He was making ONE POINT. That the people in Lot's and Noah's days were totally involved in their self-centered way of life and wouldn't listen to the warnings of Lot or Noah. No one was paying attention. That is what Jesus was talking about.

Immorality is just part of the composite sign that Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24 and Luke 17 & 21.

"So, you, too, when you see ALL THESE THINGS, recognize that he is near, right at the door." (Matt.24:33, NASB)

Don't be incognizant of what Jesus was fore-telling, like the people in Noah's and Lot's days. ALL of the parts of the sign are important for us to consider.

way 2 go

We have not had world wars throughout history. The first one was in 1914. Don't you think that Jesus would've been referring to THAT kind of war? Something that would really stand out? I think that is reasonable. That was truly part of the sign of the end of the system of things.
not world war

Mat_24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars.
"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes." (Matt.24:7, NASB)

We have seen world war since 1914 and also continuous famine (people going hungry even in this United States), as well as earthquakes, one after the other. Famine and earthquakes might not be unprecedented (even though some say that the extent of each is indeed unprecedented), but Jesus simply said they would be occurring in the time of the end.

wars, famines and earthquakes have been happening for the last 2000 years.
earthquakes are increasing.

The point about Lot and Noah was not that they saw the signs that Jesus spoke about. He was making ONE POINT. That the people in Lot's and Noah's days were totally involved in their self-centered way of life and wouldn't listen to the warnings of Lot or Noah. No one was paying attention. That is what Jesus was talking about.

the mark of Noah's time and sodom was total depravity

Immorality is just part of the composite sign that Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24 and Luke 17 & 21.

"So, you, too, when you see ALL THESE THINGS, recognize that he is near, right at the door." (Matt.24:33, NASB)

Don't be incognizant of what Jesus was fore-telling, like the people in Noah's and Lot's days. ALL of the parts of the sign are important for us to consider.
total depravity of everyone

Gen 18:23 Then Abraham drew near and said, “Will you indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:32 Then he said, “Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak again but this once. Suppose ten are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of ten I will not destroy it.”

we are getting close to world wide total depravity