Is God's will always done on earth today?

ClimateSanity

Paul says Satan is the prince of the power of the air. He also says in 1 Corinthians 15:25 that Jesus has put everything under his footstool.

What do you say?

Nanja

Scripture declares that God is He who works all things according to His Own Will and Pleasure.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will
in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand,
or say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Rev. 17:17
For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast,
until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

~~~~~

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul says Satan is the prince of the power of the air. He also says in 1 Corinthians 15:25 that Jesus has put everything under his footstool.

What do you say?

Not yet.

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is a catch 22. If my having free will is what God wills then he wills that I may do my own will and not His. :)

Jamie Gigliotti

It is a catch 22. If my having free will is what God wills then he wills that I may do my own will and not His. :)

This concept seems hard to grasp for many. That God permiting free will is actually His will. And nothing happens that He does not let happen in this permissive way. Not that God never intervenes in this. He does when He wishes. But He's into love freely given, so free will is what He allows.

www.gotquestions.org/Gods-will.html

This is a pretty good Biblical description of His will.

glorydaz

Scripture declares that God is He who works all things according to His Own Will and Pleasure.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will
in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand,
or say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Rev. 17:17
For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast,
until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

~~~~~

No.

Else Jesus would NOT have taught us to pray, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

Here we see how the word "will" being used differently, as many words are depending their context. One refers to God's sovereign will and the other to His permissive will (what God allows). God is allowing many things that are outside His perfect will for His own good purposes.

Nanja

Here we see how the word "will" being used differently, as many words are depending their context. One refers to God's sovereign will and the other to His permissive will (what God allows). God is allowing many things that are outside His perfect will for His own good purposes.

That's a lie. The scriptures don't teach that.

The man-made concept of God's permissive will must be one that proceeds
from adherents of false freewill religion; from the blinded minds of wicked men.

God's Will has been determined from Everlasting, it's immutable Dan. 4:35!

Scriptures clearly illustrate how God prepared / appointed many to Salvation Eph. 1:3-11; Acts. 13:48; Rom. 9:23.
Yet others He ordained to condemnation Jude 1:4; to be destroyed Rom. 9:22.

Prov. 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

~~~~~

glorydaz

from adherents of false freewill religion; from the blinded minds of wicked men.

Scriptures clearly illustrate how God prepared / appointed many to Salvation Eph. 1:3-11; Acts. 13:48; Rom. 9:23.

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

~~~~~

I know....you don't believe the word of God as it's written. According to you there is no point in prayer, and "all men" does not mean "all". Go play with B57. :wave:

1 Timothy 2:1-4KJV
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1 Timothy 2:4KJV
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I know....you don't believe the word of God as it's written. According to you there is no point in prayer, and "all men" does not mean "all". Go play with B57. :wave:

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.​

B57 is her mentor. She's another Ultra hyper-Calvinist fanatic.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

~~~~~

You're a certified Nuthead. Just like your mentor B57.

ClimateSanity

It is argued on other threads that if rape is not a.direct attack upon God, then rape must be his will for some women. You are arguing it could be allowed as part of his permissive will. I argue that it happens completely outside his will and he uses it for the good of those who love him, even if they won't love him until the future.

What I am going to say now is an unsupported idea that is built on what I believe I have already established.

Satan is allowed almost total control of this world for right now. He has a few limitations that prevent total chaos and intolerable living conditions upon the totality of men. Most of the good in this world, is the result of men controlled by the holy spirit. The really good in this life is the direct result of prayer and amounts to Gods intervention in Satan's world.

All of this covers every conceivable protest the atheist can throw our way that doesn't either have God being an ogre or a helpless or careless bystander.

glorydaz

It is argued on other threads that if rape is not a.direct attack upon God, then rape must be his will for some women. You are arguing it could be allowed as part of his permissive will. I argue that it happens completely outside his will and he uses it for the good of those who love him, even if they won't love him until the future.

Outside His perfect will, perhaps, but that would be saying that God is NOT ABLE to stop evil....when we know with God all things are possible. Matt. 19:26KJV

What I am going to say now is an unsupported idea that is built on what I believe I have already established.

Satan is allowed almost total control of this world for right now. He has a few limitations that prevent total chaos and intolerable living conditions upon the totality of men.

Satan is ALLOWED by God to do many evils, but even those evils are used by God for His higher purposes.

Most of the good in this world, is the result of men controlled by the holy spirit. The really good in this life is the direct result of prayer and amounts to Gods intervention in Satan's world.

Sounds right to me.

All of this covers every conceivable protest the atheist can throw our way that doesn't either have God being an ogre or a helpless or careless bystander.

All things are possible with God. What people fail to see is that the sufferings that result because of satan's "rule" here on earth are used by God. Unbelievers are drawn to God because of suffering and evil here in this world, and believers are caused to grow because of the same things. This verse is quite fitting for satan and his minions.

Genesis 50:20
But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.​

way 2 go

What do you say?

not every thing is God's will

Jer 7:30 "For the sons of Judah have done evil in my sight, declares the LORD.
They have set their detestable things in the house that is called by my name, to defile it.
Jer 7:31 And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom,
to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into my mind.

Nanja

Why not leave all that childishness behind, and try discussing the scriptures objectively, whether you agree or disagree.

When we compare scripture with scripture 1 Cor. 2:13, the "all men" are all ethnicity and rank of men of all nations,
specifically speaking of God's Chosen Seed in Union with Christ Eph 1:4; Abraham's Seed Gen. 17:5; Christ's Seed Gal. 3:16.

1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

~~~~~

ClimateSanity

Why not leave all that childishness behind, and try discussing the scriptures objectively, whether you agree or disagree.

When we compare scripture with scripture 1 Cor. 2:13, the "all men" are all ethnicity and rank of men of all nations,
specifically speaking of God's Chosen Seed in Union with Christ Eph 1:4; Abraham's Seed Gen. 17:5; Christ's Seed Gal. 3:16.

1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

~~~~~
He will hear us but he may not answer since his will is not always done on earth as it is heaven.