International Days of Prayer for the Persecuted Church

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
http://idop.org/web/

My pastor dedicates his entire message to this subject once a year. While I pray for persecuted Christians, I realize that these people are being persecuted because of the type of government that rules the nation that they live in (Islamic or Communist). Most if not all of these Muslim or communist countries on the list were at one time under Christianized British or French rule.

It's time for another Crusades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZaQvgqlp4M

Reactions: Lon

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
http://idop.org/web/

My pastor dedicates his entire message to this subject once a year. While I pray for persecuted Christians, I realize that these people are being persecuted because of the type of government that rules the nation that they live in (Islamic or Communist). Most if not all of these Muslim or communist countries on the list were at one time under Christianized British or French rule.

It's time for another Crusades.

does-religion-cause-war.jpg

Given that Christ never advocated the use of violence as a means to justify an end, why would modern Christians think otherwise?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is fighting wars to ensure that everybody has the freedom of religion (a libertarian principle) just? That's the question.

I would never expect a godless Libertarian to fight in order to preserve my God given right to religious freedom. Besides, you Libertarians are anti-war (note I didn't say anti-violence, as there is much violence, disease and death behind the doctrine that you embrace).

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I would never expect a godless Libertarian to fight in order to preserve my God given right to religious freedom.
What about just a faithful member of the United States armed forces? :idunno:
Besides, you Libertarians are anti-war (note I didn't say anti-violence, as there is much violence, disease and death behind the doctrine that you embrace).
Well maybe I'm not libertarian then. :idunno:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
While Islam has a very long history of Judeo-Christian persecution and imperialism, it was US President Jimmy Carter that destabilized the Middle East when he was instrumental in overthrowing the pro American Shah of Iran.

Tuesday, 12 May 2009
Iran and the Shah: What Really Happened

Iran’s Chaotic Descent
On February 1, 1979, with U.S. officials joining the welcoming committee, Ayatollah Khomeini arrived in Iran amid media fanfare. Although counter-demonstrations, some numbering up to 300,000 people, erupted in Iran, the Western press barely mentioned them.

Khomeini had taken power, not by a constitutional process, but violent revolution that ultimately claimed hundreds of thousands of lives. Numerous of his opponents were executed, usually without due process, and often after brutal torture. Teheran’s police officers — loyal to the Shah — were slaughtered. At least 1,200 Imperial Army officers, who had been instructed by General Huyser not to resist the revolution, were put to death. Before dying, many exclaimed, “God save the King!” “On February 17,” reported du Berrier, “General Huyser faced the first photos of the murdered leaders whose hands he had tied and read the descriptions of their mutilations.” At the year’s end, the military emasculated and no longer a threat, the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan. More Iranians were killed during Khomeini’s first month in power than in the Shah’s 37-year reign. Yet Carter, Ted Kennedy, and the Western media, who had brayed so long about the Shah’s alleged “human rights” violations, said nothing. Mass executions and torture elicited no protests. Seeing his country thus destroyed, the exiled Shah raged to an adviser: “Where are the defenders of human rights and democracy now?” Later, the Shah wrote that there was

not a word of protest from American human rights advocates who had been so vocal in denouncing my “tyrannical” regime! It was a sad commentary, I reflected, that the United States, and indeed most Western countries, had adopted a double standard for international morality: anything Marxist, no matter how bloody and base, is acceptable.
https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/history/item/4690-iran-and-the-shah-what-really-happened

Lexington'96

If the West decided to Crusade against Islam it would be a Crusade for secularism. I thought ACW of all people would understand that the West worships degeneracy.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
If the West decided to Crusade against Islam it would be a Crusade for secularism. I thought ACW of all people would understand that the West worships degeneracy.

Being that secularist humanists and Islam's common denominator is their devout hatred of Judeo-Christian doctrine (not to mention pedophilia/pederasty), why on earth would secular humanists crusade against their Muslim allies?

Lexington'96

Being that secularist humanists and Islam's common denominator is their devout hatred of Judeo-Christian doctrine (not to mention pedophilia/pederasty), why on earth would secular humanists crusade against their Muslim allies?

Because Muslims put limits on what people can do sexually, Westerners hate that. Basically the entire anti-Islam movement in the Netherlands is "Stop the Muslims before they take away our abortions and sodomy!"

But my main point is that if the West is fighting a religious war, it would be one to promote secular humanism, because that is the West's religion.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Because Muslims put limits on what people can do sexually, Westerners hate that. Basically the entire anti-Islam movement in the Netherlands is "Stop the Muslims before they take away our abortions and sodomy!"

One would think that secular humanists would think that way, but since both Islam and the secular humanist movement have this blinding HATRED of Judeo-Christian doctrine and well as this taste for raping children, all sound reasoning is thrown out the proverbial window when it comes to why the two aren't enemies.

But my main point is that if the West is fighting a religious war, it would be one to promote secular humanism, because that is the West's religion.

Christians in the west don't even have the courage to come together and throw out a recently elected President that said that "Obergefell v Hodges is settled law", so don't expect them anytime soon to start a Christian crusade to overthrow the barbaric false religion known as Islam.

Gary K

Banned
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

One would think that secular humanists would think that way, but since both Islam and the secular humanist movement have this blinding HATRED of Judeo-Christian doctrine and well as this taste for raping children, all sound reasoning is thrown out the proverbial window when it comes to why the two aren't enemies.

Christians in the west don't even have the courage to come together and throw out a recently elected President that said that "Obergefell v Hodges is settled law", so don't expect them anytime soon to start a Christian crusade to overthrow the barbaric false religion known as Islam.

What you don't seem to realize, acw, is that what was said about that court case being "settled law" is correct. That court case is not something I agree with, but we are now ruled, not by the elected legislature and executive branches, but by an oligarchy of 9 unelected judges who cannot be held accountable for their decisions. They consider themselves to be the Constitution, not to be a body that is supposed to adminster law according to the written Consititution. Thus, they decide all by themselves what the moral outlook of the laws of the US will be, and the SC has a majority of judges who think immorality is moral, so they are going to call any law passed that disagrees with their outlook on morality unconstitutional, and as such unenforceable. Thus, their decisions are defacto "settled law" in the US no matter whether we like it or not. All of this is, in reality, unconstitutional, but when the arm of the US government that is supposed to rule by the Constitution refuses to act in that manner there is nothing to be done about other than to replace judges as they die off from old age. That is the only cure for all of this. It's the only way all of this "settled law" can be overturned.

I pointed you once before toward Gerald Whitehead's book, The Second American Revolution, and you don't seem to have taken the time to read it. It would make much of this understandable to you if you'd read it. But, why confuse yourself with facts?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

What you don't seem to realize, acw, is that what was said about that court case being "settled law" is correct...

Is it my lucky day or what, not one but two Ron Paul Libertarians grace my thread with their presence.

What I do realize is that Donald the Degenerate Trump lied and said that he would appoint SCOTUS Judges to overturn Roe v Wade, but for some reason Obergefell v Hodges is "settled law".

SCOTUS rulings were never intended by the Founding Fathers to set legislative precedence, they were supposed be a guide for Congress to act on if they so chose to.
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/170918

An now for a disclaimer:

That court case is not something I agree with...

Since you're in a thread that deals with worldwide Christian persecution, why don't you tell that great Libertarian lie which says that if the US just left Islam alone, they would leave everyone else alone.

I just love a good fairytale before bedtime.

Last edited: