Incredible dinosaur fossil found....and they admit it was the flood

Greg Jennings

What was going to prevent it from dessicating?
Plain old burial. It was down quite a ways. No guarantee obviously, but it seemed likely
Name one strata that did not form in water.
All igneous strata. Most metamorphic strata. Sandstone doesn't require water either
Typically calcium carbonate or quartz.
I think I see what you're getting at: that these two materials can precipitate out of solution to bind other clastic components together. Yes, veins of minerals can form this way

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1. The correct one? Which one was that, and when was it?

You know there is only one flood that has covered the entire earth. Our best guess is about 5000 years ago.

]2. Ah, so is it your understanding that all dinosaurs had feathers?

scarecrow-on-bale-of-hay.jpg

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
You know there is only one flood that has covered the entire earth. Our best guess is about 5000 years ago.

scarecrow-on-bale-of-hay.jpg
Uh, no, and cute strawman. But you were the one who wondered about feathers so I figured a decent question.

Since you are clearly wrong about the whole earth flood 5000 years ago, you could be confused on other issues as well.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Uh, no, and cute strawman. But you were the one who wondered about feathers so I figured a decent question.

Since you are clearly wrong about the whole earth flood 5000 years ago, you could be confused on other issues as well.

Could you perhaps explain why he is wrong about the Flood having taken place (about) 5000 years ago?

It's not very clear to me...

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Plain old burial.
That's going to do nothing. The bone will be gone in a few hundred years, let alone 110 million. Let alone preserving the entire beastie in the manner of the one in OP.

All igneous strata.
Which is why I said "sedimentary" rock.

It's the only rational conclusion to the necessary steps to create even one layer of sedimentary rock.

Seriously, dude. Learn to read.

Veins of minerals can form this way.

Can you tell us how sandstones — which were all formed in water — got their quartz content?

Last edited:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Could you perhaps explain why he is wrong about the Flood having taken place (about) 5000 years ago?

It's not very clear to me...
Other than saying "Huh"! it is hard to do with someone who bases their knowledge of the universe on a required literal reading of a cobbled together book from several thousand years ago.

there is no evidence of a world wide flood just a few thousand years ago. The evidence simply does not comport with a literal reading of Genesis for the history of the earth.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But you were the one who wondered about feathers so I figured a decent question.

No, you incorrectly asserted I said "all" when you know I didn't. And no dinosaur had feathers. If it has feathers, it is not a dinosaur.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
No, you incorrectly asserted I said "all" when you know I didn't. And no dinosaur had feathers. If it has feathers, it is not a dinosaur.
Touchy arent you? But I am glad you cleared this up. Except Wiki indicates that almost 50 different dinosaur species appear to have been feathered.
You got the flood thingy wrong so you can try a do over

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Apart from the billions of dead things buried in strata the world over.

As long as you ignore the evidence, nothing is evidence.

Ah, back to channeling Dr. Dino.

As long as you base your science on a Holy Book evidence does not matter.

Greg Jennings

That's going to do nothing. The bone will be gone in a few hundred years, let alone 110 million. Let alone preserving the entire beastie in the manner of the one in OP.
It could preserve it. As I said earlier there's no guarantee, but the conditions weren't bad for preservation

Which is why I said "sedimentary" rock.
You said "strata" in the last post, but ok

Can you tell us how sandstones — which were all formed in water — got their quartz content?
They weren't all formed in water. Some formed from sand dunes.

I don't think you understand how SAND is formed. It's detrital grains of formerly intact rock. In the case of quartz sand, it comes from the weathering of igneous rocks containing Quartz, notably granite.

Quartzite is a sandstone that has been metamorphosed due to heat. That's why all the grains all melted together.

By formed IN WATER, do you actually mean formed "with the help of water"? Because you make it sound like the sand has to be inundated in order to form a rock

Interplanner

Other than saying "Huh"! it is hard to do with someone who bases their knowledge of the universe on a required literal reading of a cobbled together book from several thousand years ago.

there is no evidence of a world wide flood just a few thousand years ago. The evidence simply does not comport with a literal reading of Genesis for the history of the earth.

Contra, Jonah, it is all over the place. We are probably having some confusion of definition. The ancient world, including some New Testament writers referring back to it called it the 'cataclysm' which is ancient Greek spelled the same (ks for the cs). This was not a high water mark of a predictable 1000 year possibility; it was the complete change of the surface and atmosphere as we know it. We are not talking about 'rain' as we know it.

If it resembles anything today, it would be like the ongoing eruption cycle of Iceland. Or like the breaking out of Lake Missoula. Yosemite would have formed in mere hours. It would be vertical tectonic changes as well as some horizontal. It would be the end of one atmosphere and the beginning of another. It would be a period of unsettled weather for several years, including such bizarre events as the 'loess' (blowing sand and snow) that trapped the thousands of Siberian mammoths, all oriented in the same direction, often found standing, eating, etc.

European sediment is found in the New England area, New England sediment is found in the Grand Canyon, and the 'Centralia theory' of Australia says that the entire center deposit happened rapidly and bent the chunk of layer known as Ayers Rock, forcing up the exposure we see today, the closeup view of which reveals that it is not ancient. What kind of hydrology does that?

As for ancient accounts, Hyppolytus wrote that the cataclysm (the same term shared by the New Testament) was a volatile volcanic disruption of the surface with water gushing from below the surface. Nearly exactly how Genesis actually describes it. We now know, fyi, that there is still an entire ocean of saltwater under China. There are some 500 indigenous accounts, many with 'unnecessary' details, like that of CoxCox among the Mayans. Btw, they have rather exact dates for the period from creation to the cataclysm. In S. Africa, the highest known vertical 'slip' is some 10,000 feet and nearby are chunks of layered rock on their sides, intact. Several hundred yards in dimensions. It happened quickly and recently. Things that have been there millions of years do not look that way.

What does modern science ask us to do? To believe that the hundreds of yards of piled dinosaurs in Alberta happened because one tripped and drowned, the next tripped on him etc., like Laurel and Hardy. It says so on the reader board at the site. Nevermind that as soon as one beast goes down, there are 10 who want dinner nearby, and there is no sign of such dismemberment, just opisthotonics.

Rosenritter

Modern animals take a long time to fossilize after death?

I've seen a picture of a fossilized leg inside a not yet fossilized cowboy boot. Fossilization takes the right conditions. What did you mean by "a long time" and why would less-than-modern animals take a lesser amount of time to fossilize?

Well yes. I've seen it (not a sheep, but a bison), and I'm not in a place with good enough reception to merit combing the Internet for better

Perhaps, but I've never seen one that was visibly part bone and part rock. I believe the permineralization process affects the entire bone at once, assuming of course the whole bond is buried in the same material.

Yes you are correct that modern animals take a long time to fossilize after death. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. And as a result, you won't find any "modern" sheep fossils. You could find fossilized ram horns, though. They have some Miocene sheep fossils in China

I do. And it's because you once claimed that there are three ingredients that are required to make a rock. That demonstrates a relative lack of geologic knowledge

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah, back to channeling Dr. Dino.
Darwinists love to waffle on about where an idea might have come from. Anything but address the evidence.

It could preserve it. As I said earlier there's no guarantee, but the conditions weren't bad for preservation.
Because you say so?

In reality, things break down. After only a few months in the position your bison was in, the beastie in OP would have looked nothing like what it does now.

You said "strata" in the last post.
It's called a conversation. Try to keep up with it. You've already completely ignored several things I've said that directly rebutted your ideas.

They weren't all formed in water. Some formed from sand dunes.
Nope.

Evidemce, remember.

Tell us how the silica got there and you will find out.

I don't think you understand how SAND is formed. It's detrital grains of formerly intact rock.
:AMR:

That has nothing to do with how the strata were formed.

In the case of quartz sand, it comes from the weathering of igneous rocks containing Quartz, notably granite.
Again, learn to read. We're not talking about quartz sand.

Quartzite is a sandstone that has been metamorphosed due to heat. That's why all the grains all melted together.
That's nice.

By formed IN WATER, do you actually mean formed "with the help of water"? Because you make it sound like the sand has to be inundated in order to form a rock
Being submerged in water was one of the necessary condition to see them turned into stone. We're not talking about conditions, we're talking about ingredients.

Interplanner

Stripe,
why not link to a geologist who happens to be a Christian for your global deluge evidence? It would be much stronger than a pastor... It is very hard to get back first impressions...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stripe,
why not link to a geologist who happens to be a Christian for your global deluge evidence? It would be much stronger than a pastor... It is very hard to get back first impressions...
Not interested in impressions.

If people can't talk evidence, impressions are not going to help.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app

Interplanner

Not interested in impressions.

If people can't talk evidence, impressions are not going to help.

Because when a geologist talks about it, it is like Paul talking about Judaism, instead of hearing a modern TV preacher talk about Judaism. They guy grew up in it.

We do not have the luxury of not making the right first impression. Do you need links to Christians who are geologists speaking on the subject like Oard or Baumgartner or Silvestru?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because when a geologist talks about it, it is like Paul talking about Judaism, instead of hearing a modern TV preacher talk about Judaism. They guy grew up in it.

We do not have the luxury of not making the right first impression. Do you need links to Christians who are geologists speaking on the subject like Oard or Baumgartner or Silvestru?
I am a geologist.