Incredible dinosaur fossil found....and they admit it was the flood

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, they don't admit it was the flood. But they did admit he was taken in by flooding. Fossils only happen if something is buried in the right conditions rapidly.

Some 110 million years ago, this armored plant-eater lumbered through what is now western Canada, until a flooded river swept it into open sea. The dinosaur’s undersea burial preserved its armor in exquisite detail. Its skull still bears tile-like plates and a gray patina of fossilized skins.

nodosaur-fossil-canadian-mine-face.jpg

I'm trying to figure out where the feathers are. Or the plume or something. :) [MENTION=4167]Stripe[/MENTION]

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fossils only happen if something is buried in the right conditions rapidly.
:thumb:

Some 110 million years ago, this armored plant-eater lumbered through what is now western Canada, until a flooded river swept it into open sea. The dinosaur’s undersea burial preserved its armor in exquisite detail. Its skull still bears tile-like plates and a gray patina of fossilized skins.

:darwinsm:

Darwinists will believe anything.

Interplanner

:thumb:

:darwinsm:

Darwinists will believe anything.

The thread title is not quite right; they did not connect to a biblical flood, but a number of lines in the article are still valuable--the 'Florida' conditions in the past, the fact of 'jerky' in the ligaments of the beast. It also admits that opisthotonic is the rule and correct-looking fossils are the exception, because usually they have been deposited by overwhelming geologic and hydrologic forces. The term refers to that squished, crushed, unnatural shape.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Usually they have been deposited by overwhelming geologic and hydrologic forces. The term refers to that squished, crushed, unnatural shape.

While sitting on the ocean floor? :chuckle:

This conversation leads inevitably to the Darwinists dream landscape: A warm, anoxic, shallow sea.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep, misleading headline from Nick M. Color me surprized.

They went out of their way to state it was a flood, then deny the correct one.

this armored plant-eater lumbered through what is now western Canada, until a flooded river swept it into open sea.

I am also amazed at the detail. A dinosaur with thick plates, and not feathers.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
They went out of their way to state it was a flood, then deny the correct one.

I am also amazed at the detail. A dinosaur with thick plates, and not feathers.

1. The correct one? Which one was that, and when was it?
2. Ah, so is it your understanding that all dinosaurs had feathers? If so, where did you get that bit of information?

Interplanner

While sitting on the ocean floor? :chuckle:

This conversation leads inevitably to the Darwinists dream landscape: A warm, anoxic, shallow sea.

Right, Stripe, that is one of their paradoxes. They actually have posted on roadside readerboards in one Alberta dino-pile that 'the first one tripped at a riverside and drowned; the 2nd one tripped on him, etc, until the pile was several hundred yards each direction.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right, Stripe, that is one of their paradoxes. They actually have posted on roadside readerboards in one Alberta dino-pile that 'the first one tripped at a riverside and drowned; the 2nd one tripped on him, etc, until the pile was several hundred yards each direction.

:rotfl:

Greg Jennings

Well, they don't admit it was the flood. But they did admit he was taken in by flooding. Fossils only happen if something is buried in the right conditions rapidly.

nodosaur-fossil-canadian-mine-face.jpg

I'm trying to figure out where the feathers are. Or the plume or something. :) [MENTION=4167]Stripe[/MENTION]

Perhaps you are unaware of this, but hundreds to thousands of individual animals die every single day in floods around the globe.

Explain to me what evidence tells you this animal died in a global flood?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps you are unaware of this, but hundreds to thousands of individual animals die every single day in floods around the globe.
Super. Then some of them should be turning into fossils. :up:

Can you show us a sheep in the process of being fossilized?

Explain to me what evidence tells you this animal died in a global flood?
It's the only rational conclusion to the necessary steps to create even one layer of sedimentary rock.

When considering evidence, the plentitude of dead things in the miles-deep layers we see globally are practically insignificant in comparison.

Last edited:

Greg Jennings

Super. Then some of them should be turning into fossils. :up:

Can you show us a sheep in the process of being fossilized?
They're out there. Go digging. But you won't find a sheep that is half bone and half fossil. The mineralization affects the whole organism at the same time.

It's the only rational conclusion to the necessary steps to create even one layer of sedimentary rock.
That's hilarious. You are such an expert in geology aren't you?

You're telling me the only way to make sedimentary rock is through a flood?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They're out there.
Because you say so?

You won't find a sheep that is half bone and half fossil. The mineralization affects the whole organism at the same time.
Of course permineralization is a gradual process, and fossils are found all the time only part-way through it.

It is just impossible to find a fossil of a recently dead creature in a state where it might reasonably be expected to turn out like the beastie in OP.

That's hilarious.
I'm here all week.

You are such an expert in geology aren't you?
You look like you've got your mind made up about my capacity. Now how about discussing the evidence, you know, like you asked to do. :up:

You're telling me the only way to make sedimentary rock is through a flood?

Nope.

Learn to read. :thumb:

Greg Jennings

Because you say so?
Well yes. I've seen it (not a sheep, but a bison), and I'm not in a place with good enough reception to merit combing the Internet for better

Of course permineralization is a gradual process, and fossils are found all the time only part-way through it.
Perhaps, but I've never seen one that was visibly part bone and part rock. I believe the permineralization process affects the entire bone at once, assuming of course the whole bond is buried in the same material.

It is just impossible to find a fossil of a recently dead creature in a state where it might reasonably be expected to turn out like the beastie in OP.
Yes you are correct that modern animals take a long time to fossilize after death. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. And as a result, you won't find any "modern" sheep fossils. You could find fossilized ram horns, though. They have some Miocene sheep fossils in China

You look like you've got your mind made up about my capacity. Now how about discussing the evidence, you know, like you asked to do. :up
I do. And it's because you once claimed that there are three ingredients that are required to make a rock. That demonstrates a relative lack of geologic knowledge

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've seen it (not a sheep, but a bison).

You won't find any "modern" sheep fossils.
Of course I didn't ask for this.

I asked for your bison. Can you describe the situation it was in and why you think it might one day be dug up and stuck in a museum.

I've never seen one that was visibly part bone and part rock.
Crack a rock one open.

I believe the permineralization process affects the entire bone at once.
The most exposed parts first.

You once claimed that there are three ingredients that are required to make a rock. That demonstrates a relative lack of geologic knowledge

Sediment, water and cement.

What do I lack?

Greg Jennings

Of course I didn't ask for this.

I asked for your bison. Can you describe the situation it was in and why you think it might one day be dug up and stuck in a museum.
It wasn't anything close to the whole organism. It was a piece of jaw with teeth. If it had been left in place instead of removed from its dig-site then it would've remained beliw ground and fossilized. Perhaps part of it was already fossilized..

Sediment, water and cement.

What do I lack?

Sediment comes from rocks that have broken down. Original igneous material is solid at Earth's crust
Water can be a factor, but there are many many rocks that don't form with it
Cement?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It wasn't anything close to the whole organism. It was a piece of jaw with teeth. If it had been left in place instead of removed from its dig-site then it would've remained beliw ground and fossilized.
What was going to prevent it from dessicating?

Sediment comes from rocks that have broken down. Original igneous material is solid at Earth's crust
That's nice.
Water can be a factor, but there are many many rocks that don't form with it
Name one strata that did not form in water.
Typically calcium carbonate or quartz.