If you think the U.S. military will protect civil rights, you're nuts.

Hilltrot

Lt. General John L. DeWitt, leader of the Western Defense Command, believed that the civilian population needed to be taken control of to prevent a repeat of Pearl Harbor.

To argue his case, DeWitt prepared a report filled with known falsehoods, such as examples of sabotage that were later revealed to be the result of cattle-damaging power lines.

DeWitt suggested the creation of the military zones and Japanese detainment to Secretary of War Henry Stimson and Attorney General Francis Biddle. His original plan included Italians and Germans, though the idea of rounding-up Americans of European descent was not as popular.

At Congressional hearings in February 1942, a majority of the testimonies, including those from California Governor Culbert L. Olson and State Attorney General Earl Warren, declared that all Japanese should be removed.

Army-directed evacuations began on March 24. People had six days notice to dispose of their belongings other than what they could carry.

Anyone who was at least 1/16th Japanese was evacuated, including 17,000 children under 10, as well as several thousand elderly and handicapped.

Gary K

Banned
After Obama went through the command structure of the armed forces and removed those officers who did not agree with his unconstitutional orders and policies the military has been very left leaning.

Hilltrot

After Obama went through the command structure of the armed forces and removed those officers who did not agree with his unconstitutional orders and policies the military has been very left leaning.
I never said it was left or right leaning. I'm saying they won't protect your civil rights whatever leaning they decide to have.

Hilltrot

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Yeeeeeaah. Go Toxic pollution!
"Environmental Justice scholars at Bennington"

Are you kidding?

Like "Racial Justice Scholars" at Evergreen.

Gary K

Banned
I never said it was left or right leaning. I'm saying they won't protect your civil rights whatever leaning they decide to have.
It's quite possible. The reason is the military was set up to be overseen/run_by civilian politicians. The Armed Forces take their orders from the Commander-in-Chief and he is doing away with even the form of the Constitution. It's been that way since the Constitution was written. They also have duties laid on them by the Constitution: to uphold it. But our Constitution has been trashed. We don't really have one any more. There is nothing but the form of Constitutional government, but not the reality of it any more.