If you do not have gifts of the Holy Spirit...

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
....then what are you sharing on TOL?

I know what some are sharing and I know what some others are sharing.

Someone will say "I have the Gift, the Holy Spirit is the Gift" I don't have any argument with that, He may dwell with you, He may dwell IN you but if He is ever going to communicate or demonstrate He will do so by way of the gifts as outlined in scripture.

I do see word of wisdom sometimes, word of knowledge often, there be prophesyings that is to say preaching. These are gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Do you remember the first time you tried to share the gospel? how your mouth went dry, your tongue seemed to swell to twice it's size? although you were well used to speaking yet you were not well practised in speaking of spiritual things. You had to learn how to use these gifts.

I used to speak right out from my guts and was saying things before my ears heard what I was saying.....people got saved

If God is able to give you a word of wisdom or knowledge He is able to give you a prophecy, or an insight into scripture, a vision, an unknown tongue with interpretation

He is able to impress upon you to lay your hands upon a sick one....but most folk settle for what their minds can cope with.

Tyrathca

....then what are you sharing on TOL?

I know what some are sharing and I know what some others are sharing.
My cynicism. [emoji4]

(You're welcome by the way [emoji6])

Do you remember the first time you tried to share the gospel?
Yeah it felt weird and uncomfortable but at the same time amusing that my RE teacher chose my gibberish amount g others to be shared at mass.
He is able to impress upon you to lay your hands upon a sick one....but most folk settle for what their minds can cope with.
Laying hands on the sick? Some consider that their job, even fun, God doesn't need to impress anyone.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
My cynicism. [emoji4]

(You're welcome by the way [emoji6])

Yeah it felt weird and uncomfortable but at the same time amusing that my RE teacher chose my gibberish amount g others to be shared at mass.
Laying hands on the sick? Some consider that their job, even fun, God doesn't need to impress anyone.

I was brought up in a Christian home as well and was always interested in God. The question which nobody ever answered satisfactorily and which would not go away was "how is it that God used to speak to people in the bible but He no longer does so?"

Often it was just a simple conversation like Ananias who God sent to meet Paul, it wasn't a great mystical event like the book of the Apocalypse

If decisions were made in the church it was God who made them. I was always told that things were different now and we now had to go the priest and he would go to the bishop and the bishop to the Virgin Mary and it was all one way, we really couldn't spect any answers.

All this was carried over in some measure to the reformation, cept now we go to the Pastor and he will consult Calvin or Luther.

What I discover alone in my own home one day is that you can come to Jesus today like they came to Him in the bible and that God the Holy Spirit is just as real and alive as He ever was.

The reason Christians on the whole do not come to Him in a reverent BELIEVING way is usually because they have some doctrine similar to the one I was taught as a Catholic....the truth is that man has changed, but God hasn't changed.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I was brought up in a Christian home as well and was always interested in God. The question which nobody ever answered satisfactorily and which would not go away was "how is it that God used to speak to people in the bible but He no longer does so?"

Often it was just a simple conversation like Ananias who God sent to meet Paul, it wasn't a great mystical event like the book of the Apocalypse

If decisions were made in the church it was God who made them. I was always told that things were different now and we now had to go the priest and he would go to the bishop and the bishop to the Virgin Mary and it was all one way, we really couldn't spect any answers.

All this was carried over in some measure to the reformation, cept now we go to the Pastor and he will consult Calvin or Luther.

What I discovered alone in my own home one day is that you can come to Jesus today like they came to Him in the bible and that God the Holy Spirit is just as real and alive as He ever was.

The reason Christians on the whole do not come to Him in a reverent BELIEVING way is usually because they have some doctrine similar to the one I was taught as a Catholic....the truth is that man has changed, but God hasn't changed.

The rule is to stick rigidly to the bible, you can't go off the deep end then....God speaks mostly through the scriptures.

glorydaz

What I discover alone in my own home one day is that you can come to Jesus today like they came to Him in the bible and that God the Holy Spirit is just as real and alive as He ever was.

Of course we need no middle man when the Spirit dwells in us. The Comforter has come.

I'm thinking it's the sign gifts you're concerned with, and those were for a specific time and season. :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You mean tongues and interpretation?

Are you going by Paul's doctrine? or somebody else's

How is it then brethren? when ye come together, EVERY ONE of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let ALL things be done unto edifying

glorydaz

You mean tongues and interpretation?

Are you going by Paul's doctrine? or somebody else's

How is it then brethren? when ye come together, EVERY ONE of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let ALL things be done unto edifying

I take that as other languages and interpretations thereof. Revelations would be what the Holy Spirit has quickened to your understanding from the scripture. Same with doctrines....doctrines found in the word itself.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Do you mean someone will address the assembly in Spanish and someone interpret? or French, German? no Paul is speaking about gifts of the Spirit.

Now ye are the body of Christ and members in particular. And God hath set in the church first apostles secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers after that miracles, then gifts of healings,helps, goverments, diversities of tongues

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The person who speaks in tongues does not know what they are saying. The interpretation comes differently to natural speech also because normally we know what we are going to say before we start, but the interpretation comes a line at a time, you do not receive the second sentence until you have spoken the first...it is all of faith