If Evolution

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks for providing more evidence for my point.

So you don't know how a ball could stop rolling without most of its energy being converted to heat unless I tell you.

You just ruled yourself out of the conversation.

:mock: Stuu-pid.

Stuu

So you don't know how a ball could stop rolling without most of its energy being converted to heat unless I tell you.
No, I know exactly how that can be done.

But what does that have to do with you being right about your claims not being worth resurrecting from the graveyard of past pages long forgotten?

Stuart

Stuu

We know why you want to talk about something else.
I don't really care much for the 'hydroplate theory fries everything, including the ark' thermodynamic arguments. I think there are much more interesting problems, like the theological implications of having an earth that is preplanned for killing off most of its inhabitants - just in case?

Or the interestingly low rate of mention of any gods in this idea, almost as if the god is irrelevant to the whole mechanism, which is entirely materialistic and requires no special action at all. With such a materialist setup, could anyone be sure that it was not triggered accidentally?

Or the question of how you could have a reservoir of saline water erupt and rain down on everything. Recent salt water inundation in a campground in Nelson has started the death of all the plant life, so what would the ark inhabitants have eaten while waiting for new crops to grow (and to grow in what)?

Then there is the aesthetic value of having a creation that must have looked much more appealing after the flood, if the flood caused mountains to appear (have I got this right?): on pre-flood hydroplates you couldn't have had anything much higher than a very low hill, so the original 'perfect' creation had no alpine environment at all, despite the flood supposedly covering 'high mountains'. It appears humanity has been rewarded for the sins of its fathers with the appearance of magnificent snow-covered mountains.

Stuart

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't really care much for the 'hydroplate theory fries everything, including the ark' thermodynamic arguments. I think there are much more interesting problems, like the theological implications of having an earth that is preplanned for killing off most of its inhabitants - just in case?

Or the interestingly low rate of mention of any gods in this idea, almost as if the god is irrelevant to the whole mechanism, which is entirely materialistic and requires no special action at all. With such a materialist setup, could anyone be sure that it was not triggered accidentally?

Or the question of how you could have a reservoir of saline water erupt and rain down on everything. Recent salt water inundation in a campground in Nelson has started the death of all the plant life, so what would the ark inhabitants have eaten while waiting for new crops to grow (and to grow in what)?

Then there is the aesthetic value of having a creation that must have looked much more appealing after the flood, if the flood caused mountains to appear (have I got this right?): on pre-flood hydroplates you couldn't have had anything much higher than a very low hill, so the original 'perfect' creation had no alpine environment at all, despite the flood supposedly covering 'high mountains'. It appears humanity has been rewarded for the sins of its fathers with the appearance of magnificent snow-covered mountains.

Stuart

There's only one objection in there that could sensibly have a "therefore... something" following it and that point showed ignorance of what the theory says.

If you want to discuss ideas, make sure you know what you're talking about.

Stuu

There's only one objection in there that could sensibly have a "therefore... something" following it and that point showed ignorance of what the theory says.

If you want to discuss ideas, make sure you know what you're talking about.
Well, we're not talking about anything that ever actually happened, so by all means tell me about your fantasy version of history. You can invent anything you like, it makes no difference.

Stuart

The Following User Isn't So Sure About This Post;
Stuu Seems To Be Making Sense, But, Safer To Say Nothing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JudgeRightly

Stuu

That which you assert without evidence, I am justified in ignoring without evidence.
I present you with plate tectonics, which doesn't require the denial of the scripture that mentions the mountains, and actually completely explains the existence of those mountains.

But by all means provide evidence for hydroplates being a better explanation for features and phenomena that have already been explained by plate tectonics.

Stuart

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I present you with plate tectonics, which doesn't require the denial of the scripture that mentions the mountains, and actually completely explains the existence of those mountains.But by all means provide evidence for hydroplates being a better explanation for features and phenomena that have already been explained by plate tectonics.

You don't care, remember?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not sure where you read that.
Right here:
I don't really care much for the 'hydroplate theory fries everything, including the ark' thermodynamic arguments.
We were talking about something. You stormed in here, ignorance ablazing, and —after a failed attempt at the topic — started talking about anything else.

Also:
Well, we're not talking about anything that ever actually happened.
You don't care.

Plate tectonics is true.

Nope. It's just a theory. When you elevate theories to facts, you turn yourself into a religious acolyte.

What possible use would it be to discuss the evidence with you?

Stuu

Right here:
Stuu: I don't really care much for the 'hydroplate theory fries everything, including the ark' thermodynamic arguments.

Your interpretation of that is almost identical to the creationist interpretation of evidence. You quote mine, ignoring the part that doesn't suit your prejudice.

This ignoring the full picture happens over and over again with fantasy conspiracy theorists, for example, this creationist model of special creation:

5067evotree_c.jpg

is the same as this evolutionary tree of common ancestry:

5067evotree_a.jpg

except the creationist model involves ignoring the bottom part of the diagram to suit religiously-motivated prejudice. Although I'm not sure how religiously motivated it is with you. I think you are just contrarian for no healthy reason, and the god aspect really isn't that important to you.

Nope. It's just a theory. When you elevate theories to facts, you turn yourself into a religious acolyte.
Creationist canard 1: 'just a theory'. Creationist canard 2: 'it's religious' (to which one might respond, so what's wrong with religion, in your opinion?). My creationist bingo card is filling up quickly today.

What possible use would it be to discuss the evidence with you?
If you haven't worked that out by now then I'm not sure anyone could be flattering about the amount of attention you have been paying.

You know full well that hydroplate is like any other conspiracy theory: it 'explains' one phenomenon really badly, and ignores every other relevant fact.

This is a particularly amusing fantasy because it tries to use naturalistic mechanisms to remove the god from the story of that god taking wholesale vengeance on its playthings. I sometimes wonder if your god is an inconvenience to you.

Stuart

The Following User Just Loves All This Stuff:
--------------------------------------------------------------
JudgeRightly

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stuu: I don't really care much for the 'hydroplate theory fries everything, including the ark' thermodynamic arguments.Your interpretation of that is almost identical to the creationist interpretation of evidence. You quote mine, ignoring the part that doesn't suit your prejudice.
Whatever helps you sleep.

This creationist model of special creation is the same as this evolutionary tree of common ancestry except the creationist model involves ignoring the bottom part of the diagram to suit...
... the evidence.

I think you are just contrarian for no healthy reason, and the god aspect really isn't that important to you.
If you believe that, you should put me on ignore. :thumb:

Unfortunately, the Darwinists aren't interested in a rational discussion over the evidence and they declare their amusement at the expense of others justification for their involvement.

Creationist canard 1: 'just a theory'.
Nope. You declare plate tectonics a fact. It's not. It's just a theory.

Creationist canard 2: 'it's religious' (to which one might respond, so what's wrong with religion, in your opinion?). My creationist bingo card is filling up quickly today.
When you declare ideas to be facts, you won't be swayed by the evidence.

You know full well that hydroplate is like any other conspiracy theory: it 'explains' one phenomenon really badly, and ignores every other relevant fact.
Nope.

This is a particularly amusing fantasy because it tries to use naturalistic mechanisms to remove the god from the story of that god taking wholesale vengeance on its playthings. I sometimes wonder if your god is an inconvenience to you.
Nope.

Last edited: