I Never Knew You

God's Truth

By not pronouncing his name correctly this piece of scripture would go unnoticed.

Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
Yah / wah and Yah / Shua

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
Yah / Shua

Jesus is the Redeemer, the Savior. If you know that and call on him to save you in the English pronounced name, then it is acceptable.

Truster

Tyndale was also responsible for the word God replacing Elohim. He spent a year in Luther's company and transliterated the Germanic word Gott into English.

CherubRam

From the Greek: Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525, when Sir William Tyndale, a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England; invented it.

God's Truth

The name Jesus is associated with y'shu, that is why I do not like to use it.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But because the Galileans often dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

For uncertain reasons there are Christians and Jews who do not want God's name or Christ name used.

Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

Yah / wah
Yah / shua

Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525, when Sir William Tyndale, a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England; invented it.
His name in English is Yahshua. What you have is Greek forms of the name with a modern Hebrew twist. Hebrew did not have an e vowel until after 200 AD.

Jesus spoke to me and used the English pronounced name 'Jesus'.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Psalm 118:26[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.) From the house of (the Lord / Yahwah) we bless you. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Matthew 23:39[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Luke 13:35[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]The Encyclopedia Americana wrote the following about the letter J: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The form of J was unknown in any alphabet until the 14th century." [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The name Jehovah is the name of nobody, and the name of Jesus is the name of nobody, because those names did not exist before the 14th century. [/FONT]

Last edited:

CherubRam

By not pronouncing his name correctly this piece of scripture would go unnoticed.

Yah / wah and Yah / Shua

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
Yah / Shua

Yah short form

Yah (Hebrew: יהּ‎‎ Yah) is a short form of Yahwah (in consonantal spelling YHWH Hebrew: יהוה‎‎, called the Tetragrammaton), the proper name of God in the Hebrew Bible. This short form of the name occurs 50 times in the text of the Hebrew Bible, of which 24 form part of the phrase "Halleluyah".