I Never Knew You

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]I never knew you[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These people thought they were saved.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Matthew 25:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Luke 13:25[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Luke 13:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

Matthew 7:21-23
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]21 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]22 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]23 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16 verses 9–20.][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9 When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10 She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. 11 When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. 13 These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Footnotes:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark 16:8 Some manuscripts have the following ending between verses 8 and 9, and one manuscript has it after verse 8 (omitting verses 9-20): Then they quickly reported all these instructions to those around Peter. After this, Jesus himself also sent out through them from east to west the sacred and imperishable proclamation of eternal salvation. Amen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 13:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Revelation 16:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Revelation 19:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Where do you think they went wrong?[/FONT]

Last edited:

God's Truth

[FONT="]I never knew you[/FONT][/B]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]These people thought they were saved.

[/FONT][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25:12&version=NIV"][FONT="]Matthew 25:12[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]Luke 13:25[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][FONT="]
Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

[/FONT][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+13:27&version=NIV"][FONT="]Luke 13:27[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][FONT="]
“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

[/FONT][FONT="]21 [/FONT][FONT="]“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [/FONT][FONT="]22 [/FONT][FONT="]Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ [/FONT][FONT="]23 [/FONT][FONT="]Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="][The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16 verses 9–20.][/FONT][/B][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]9 When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10 She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. 11 When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.[/FONT]
[FONT="]12 Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. 13 These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.[/FONT]
[FONT="]14 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.[/FONT]
[FONT="]15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”[/FONT]
[FONT="]19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Footnotes:[/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+16&version=NIV#en-NIV-24882"]Mark 16:8
Some manuscripts have the following ending between verses 8 and 9, and one manuscript has it after verse 8 (omitting verses 9-20): Then they quickly reported all these instructions to those around Peter. After this, Jesus himself also sent out through them from east to west the sacred and imperishable proclamation of eternal salvation. Amen.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Revelation 13:14[/FONT][/URL][FONT="]
[/FONT][FONT="]And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those [B]miracles[/B] which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+16:14&version=KJV"][FONT="]Revelation 16:14[/FONT][/URL][FONT="]
[/FONT][FONT="]For they are the spirits of devils, working [B]miracles[/B], which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+19:20&version=KJV"][FONT="]Revelation 19:20[/FONT][/URL][FONT="]
[/FONT][FONT="]And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought [B]miracles[/B] before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]Where do you think they went wrong?[/FONT]

They didn't repent of their sins.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Could it also be that these Christians have the mark of the beast? (Beast is Nation)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the smoke of their punishment will rise forever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

God's Truth

The Bible tells us plainly that God KNOWS those who obey Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

That scripture says whoever LOVES God is KNOWN by God.

How do we LOVE God?

The Bible says we love God by obeying Him.

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

You love God by obeying His commands, and then He will know you.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

After you love God by obeying Jesus, Jesus will reveal himself to you, you will then know Jesus, and Jesus will know you.

God's Truth

Their works were for the wrong reason. They lacked charity. 1 Cor. 13:1-3.

That scripture is about forgetting your First Love, Jesus.

The person loved God by obeying Him, and God revealed Himself; but then the person stopped having the love, they forgot their First Love.

Revelation 2:4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.

Truster

[FONT="]I never knew you[/FONT][/B]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]These people thought they were saved.

[/FONT][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25:12&version=NIV"][FONT="]Matthew 25:12[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]Luke 13:25[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][FONT="]

[/FONT][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+13:27&version=NIV"][FONT="]Luke 13:27[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]21 [/FONT][FONT="]“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [/FONT][FONT="]22 [/FONT][FONT="]Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ [/FONT][FONT="]23 [/FONT][FONT="]Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="][The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16 verses 9–20.][/FONT][/B][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]9 When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10 She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. 11 When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.[/FONT]
[FONT="]12 Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. 13 These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.[/FONT]
[FONT="]14 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.[/FONT]
[FONT="]15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”[/FONT]
[FONT="]19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Footnotes:[/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+16&version=NIV#en-NIV-24882"]Mark 16:8
Some manuscripts have the following ending between verses 8 and 9, and one manuscript has it after verse 8 (omitting verses 9-20): Then they quickly reported all these instructions to those around Peter. After this, Jesus himself also sent out through them from east to west the sacred and imperishable proclamation of eternal salvation. Amen.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Revelation 13:14[/FONT][/URL][FONT="]
[/FONT][FONT="]And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those [B]miracles[/B] which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+16:14&version=KJV"][FONT="]Revelation 16:14[/FONT][/URL][FONT="]
[/FONT][FONT="]For they are the spirits of devils, working [B]miracles[/B], which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+19:20&version=KJV"][FONT="]Revelation 19:20[/FONT][/URL][FONT="]
[/FONT][FONT="]And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought [B]miracles[/B] before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]Where do you think they went wrong?[/FONT]

They had not been converted, but ran as if they had been. They were running in the wrong direction and were in the broad way.

Truster

I presume you mean that they were worldly.

No, worldliness can affect the regenerate and they are sometimes caught up in it, but the Good Shepherd will not give them up unto worldliness. I said they are unconverted and I used the term unconverted, because that is what I meant.

God's Truth

No, worldliness can affect the regenerate and they are sometimes caught up in it, but the Good Shepherd will not give them up unto worldliness. I said they are unconverted and I used the term unconverted, because that is what I meant.

What in the world do you mean the Shepherd will not give them up to worldliness?

CherubRam

Recent? Oh and, it doesn't matter.

By not pronouncing his name correctly this piece of scripture would go unnoticed.

Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
Yah / wah and Yah / Shua

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
Yah / Shua

CherubRam

Recent? Oh and, it doesn't matter.
The name Jesus is associated with y'shu, that is why I do not like to use it.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But because the Galileans often dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

For uncertain reasons there are Christians and Jews who do not want God's name or Christ name used.

Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

Yah / wah
Yah / shua

Jesus: The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525, when Sir William Tyndale, a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England; invented it.
His name in English is Yahshua. What you have is Greek forms of the name with a modern Hebrew twist. Hebrew did not have an e vowel until after 200 AD.